ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guidance Needed

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

virgouk31
Newly Registered
Mood:

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. Help Needed

Post by virgouk31 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:55 pm

Hello,

I am in the UK on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa (£200 k route). I applied for my extension in April 2018 and haven't heard from HO yet. No complex letter or nothing else. In my documents i showed that i have invested in a clothing business and a mobile phone business. I have got 2 shops. The clothing shop is not doing well and i am not able to give it more time because of some new businesses, i want to ask if i sell the clothing shop now, will it affect my visa extension? I have made an online clothing store and thinking of selling the shop and run the business online only.
The mobile shop is still running and i am starting a web development business there soon as well.

Please let me know what you guys think?

Thanks.

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. Help Needed

Post by marcnath » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:25 pm

virgouk31 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:55 pm
Hello,

I am in the UK on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa (£200 k route). I applied for my extension in April 2018 and haven't heard from HO yet. No complex letter or nothing else. In my documents i showed that i have invested in a clothing business and a mobile phone business. I have got 2 shops. The clothing shop is not doing well and i am not able to give it more time because of some new businesses, i want to ask if i sell the clothing shop now, will it affect my visa extension? I have made an online clothing store and thinking of selling the shop and run the business online only.
The mobile shop is still running and i am starting a web development business there soon as well.

Please let me know what you guys think?

Thanks.
You can freely change your business as much as you want
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

virgouk31
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by virgouk31 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:23 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I am just worried because they haven't replied me on my case yet and its been 10 months, 2 employees are still working in the clothing shop, also if they go for an interview, they may question you sent us documents and investment of the clothing shop which is closed and it may create problems with my visa extension which is pending with HO.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:07 pm

virgouk31 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:23 pm
Thanks for the reply.

I am just worried because they haven't replied me on my case yet and its been 10 months, 2 employees are still working in the clothing shop, also if they go for an interview, they may question you sent us documents and investment of the clothing shop which is closed and it may create problems with my visa extension which is pending with HO.
Yes, sure they may question you. But I can't see how, under the immigration rules, they can refuse you because of your decisions on how best to conduct your business.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

virgouk31
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by virgouk31 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:51 pm

Thank you for the help. Really appreciate that

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:24 pm

If possible don't close the business.
You have run the clothing business for so long now when you are almost there why rock the boat.
As per rules they cannot object but it does raise eyebrows and you don't want that at this stage.

virgouk31
Newly Registered
Mood:

Guidance Needed

Post by virgouk31 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:12 pm

Hello,

I received my UK Entrepreneur Visa on 09-12-2014 and i arrived in UK on 18-01-2015. I have applied for my Entrepreneur Extension on 09-04-2018 and still waiting for the HO answer. The sent me a complex letter and i also had an interview about couple of months ago. I want to know the following questions.

1. Can i apply for ILR in January if the employment is in place for 12 months for 2 full time or 4 part time employees without getting the extension?

2. I have 2 companies, can i combine the jobs with the same job roles in both companies? Like 1 full time sales assistant and 1 part time sales assistant in one company and 1 part time sales assistant in the other company? OR 2 part time sales assistant in one company and 2 part time sale assistant in the other company?

Thanks

marcnath

Re: Guidance Needed

Post by marcnath » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:02 pm

Please do not start new posts for each question. Continue in the same thread.
virgouk31 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:12 pm
Hello,

I received my UK Entrepreneur Visa on 09-12-2014 and i arrived in UK on 18-01-2015. I have applied for my Entrepreneur Extension on 09-04-2018 and still waiting for the HO answer. The sent me a complex letter and i also had an interview about couple of months ago. I want to know the following questions.

1. Can i apply for ILR in January if the employment is in place for 12 months for 2 full time or 4 part time employees without getting the extension?
Yes. You don't need new employment - you can use the same one for extension.
virgouk31 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:12 pm
2. I have 2 companies, can i combine the jobs with the same job roles in both companies? Like 1 full time sales assistant and 1 part time sales assistant in one company and 1 part time sales assistant in the other company? OR 2 part time sales assistant in one company and 2 part time sale assistant in the other company?

Thanks
That is a bit of a question mark. A strict reading of the rules should be that you can.

virgouk31
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by virgouk31 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:07 pm

Hello marcnath,

Thanks for your reply.

I talked to my immigration lawyer today and he said that its not possible if my last visa is Entry Clearance and not leave to remain. He said that if i was in UK before applying and switched to Entrepreneur Visa than i can apply, but as my last grant of visa was entry clearance, the rules are different. But he was saying that he will review the requirements for ILR again and then let me know.
Any thoughts?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:11 am

virgouk31 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:07 pm
Hello marcnath,

Thanks for your reply.

I talked to my immigration lawyer today and he said that its not possible if my last visa is Entry Clearance and not leave to remain. He said that if i was in UK before applying and switched to Entrepreneur Visa than i can apply, but as my last grant of visa was entry clearance, the rules are different. But he was saying that he will review the requirements for ILR again and then let me know.
Any thoughts?
There is no difference between Entry clearance and Leave to remain with respect to ILR qualification.

virgouk31
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by virgouk31 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:50 pm

Thank you Marcnath.

I like to ask a couple of more things.

1. I have read the i can apply 28 days before the qualifying period, i got the visa on 09-12-2014 so i can apply by 12-11-2019? And i can use the same employment i used for Visa Extension?

2. I got 3 Penalty points on my driving license and £100 fine on 12-02-2016, i wasn't offered a course and got a letter in which they asked me to send the license. I did not go to the court, the points are expired now but their removal date is 12-02-2020. Can it affect my ILR application?

Thank you for your help.

virgouk31
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by virgouk31 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:45 pm

Hello,

I need some help with the following queries.

As i mentioned before, i applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension in April 2018 and haven't had the decision yet. I had an interview about 2 months ago which went pretty well.

I am applying for the ILR now and need to know the following.

1. Can i apply 28 days before as i read that i can apply in the qualifying period which is 28 days before 10-12-2019. I got the visa in 10-12-2014 and came to UK on 18-01-2015. My wife and my daughter came on 02-04-2015.

2. Should i apply for the ILR of my wife, my daughter and my son as well. My wife and daughter are on my dependent visa and my son was born here on 25-01-2017. Or i apply for my ILR and then apply for their naturalization?

3. After i applied for extension in Apr 2018, i had 1 full time and 1 part time employee till March 2019 and then 2 part time employees, will this be an issue or i can use the same employment that i used in the extension application?

Please let me know what you think?

Thanks and regards,

Fawad

Mehfuz
Mood:
India

Post by Mehfuz » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:00 pm

Hi

When Your son was born in UK, did You make his passport?? And did u apply for his dependents visa??

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:08 pm

virgouk31 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:45 pm
Hello,

I need some help with the following queries.

As i mentioned before, i applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension in April 2018 and haven't had the decision yet. I had an interview about 2 months ago which went pretty well.

I am applying for the ILR now and need to know the following.

1. Can i apply 28 days before as i read that i can apply in the qualifying period which is 28 days before 10-12-2019. I got the visa in 10-12-2014 and came to UK on 18-01-2015. My wife and my daughter came on 02-04-2015.

2. Should i apply for the ILR of my wife, my daughter and my son as well. My wife and daughter are on my dependent visa and my son was born here on 25-01-2017. Or i apply for my ILR and then apply for their naturalization?

3. After i applied for extension in Apr 2018, i had 1 full time and 1 part time employee till March 2019 and then 2 part time employees, will this be an issue or i can use the same employment that i used in the extension application?

Please let me know what you think?

Thanks and regards,

Fawad
1. Yes
2. It is up to you. If your wife also has qualified for ILR, then you can apply for her and your daughter. For you son, you need not apply for ILR but can apply for naturalisation once you have your ILR.
3. As already mentioned, you should be able to use the employment you submitted for extension

virgouk31
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by virgouk31 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:42 pm

Thank you so much for your help.