ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visit Visa Application from AU

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DRKFUTURE
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

UK Visit Visa Application from AU

Post by DRKFUTURE » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Hello,I am a Bangladeshi Citizen. I came to Australia on visit visa (600) on August.I want to know if I can apply for UK VISIT VISA from AUSTRALIA.

The problem is I dont have any documents with me now, since I live in Bangladesh.I may not be able to show Bank Statements. In this case, is it possible for my sister in Australia to sponsor me or my friend in d UK to sponsor me (to bear my expense in d UK). How likely to get visa this way?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: UK Visit Visa Application from AU

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:32 pm

You don't live in Australia. So you can't apply for UK visa from there. As universal rule, you can't apply for a visa in a country where you don't reside. There are some exceptions when there isn't a consular representation in your country.

Also, you need to provide your own documents. You cannot use the documents belonging to a family or a friend.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Visit Visa Application from AU

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:25 pm

DRKFUTURE wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:19 pm
Hello,I am a Bangladeshi Citizen. I came to Australia on visit visa (600) on August.I want to know if I can apply for UK VISIT VISA from AUSTRALIA.

The problem is I dont have any documents with me now, since I live in Bangladesh.I may not be able to show Bank Statements. In this case, is it possible for my sister in Australia to sponsor me or my friend in d UK to sponsor me (to bear my expense in d UK). How likely to get visa this way?
You must apply in a country where you have legal residence, ie not in a country where you are on a visitor visa.

No, you cannot use your sisters bank accounts from Australia to sponsor you to the UK. You don't have residence in Australia so her evidence is irrelevant.

You have to show your evidence from your home country to prove your toes, ie employment, income, social family, property etc etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.