ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard visitor visa for parents forget mention previous refusals

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jattsaab
Newly Registered
India

Standard visitor visa for parents forget mention previous refusals

Post by jattsaab » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:25 pm

Hi, I have applied for a UK tourist visa for my parents from India. I just now realised that I had forgot to mention their 2 refusals few years back for USA visa. I was wondring if I could get any advice on this being a potential reason they could be refused their visa now? Thanks for help.

Jaune08
Mexico

Re: Standard visitor visa for parents forget mention previous refusals

Post by Jaune08 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:46 pm

jattsaab wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:25 pm
Hi, I have applied for a UK tourist visa for my parents from India. I just now realised that I had forgot to mention their 2 refusals few years back for USA visa. I was wondring if I could get any advice on this being a potential reason they could be refused their visa now? Thanks for help.
Hey, not an expert but... What were the grounds of the refusal for a USA visa? Was it a tourist visa and when did it happened? Did they have any ban to the country or just normal refusal?

Regarding the refused USA visas, Time ago I was told by an American friend (who happened to be an immigration lawyer) that the tourist visas refusals will stay on record for at least ten years. So, depending on how long it’s been since your parents got those refusals, it might be the importance the rejections currently have.

Now, regarding UK visa application, any refusal you haven’t declared and they might be able to track down, will be considered as deception and therefore, be subject to get a refusal on your parents actual UK visa application.

jattsaab
Newly Registered
India

Post by jattsaab » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:24 am

Thanks for reply I got refusal for my parents today totally different reason I m wondering if someone help me what to do this is refusal letter

REASONS FOR REFUSAL NRA v 1.0
You have applied for a visa to visit the UK.
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: of the Immigration Rules for visitors (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... itor-rules), I have considered:
 your application
 your immigration history
(reference www.oanda.com on 26/09/2019
The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 – V4.10 of Appendix V of the Immigration Rules because:
 In order to assess your intentions I must consider your circumstances in India based on the information you have provided with your application.
 You state you intend to visit the UK for 19 days long with your spouse to visit your son and his family. I have recognised the importance of family visits and have carefully considered your application. I have considered the provided and written statements you have made, but I am not satisfied you have met the requirements of the Immigration Rules on this occasion. You have applied for a UK visa and as such the onus is on you to qualify for entry clearance based on your own circumstances and your own intention.
 The onus is on you to qualify for entry clearance based on your own circumstances and your own intentions. You have said that your son will accommodate you whilst you are in the United Kingdom and I am satisfied that they are in a position to do so based on the documents provided. While I take that into account in assessing your proposed maintenance and accommodation in the UK, this is only one aspect of the visitor rules and this sponsorship does not satisfy me of your own intention to leave the UK on completion of your visit.
 You have been refused a visa as a visitor previously (NEDE). I have carefully considered this application on its merits and examined the documents you have submitted. I have also referred to your previous application however there is no information to show that there has been any significant change in your circumstances since then.
 You state you are retired and in receipt of 366324 INR (£4159) as income per annum (£346) per month. I have noted the financial documents you have provided namely a bank statement from xxx bank ending xxx however in applying for entry clearance as a visitor, the onus is on you to demonstrate that you intend to comply with the terms and conditions of your visa and that you will leave the UK at the end of your proposed trip. Other than limited information of land ownership evidence of funds and a pension, the documents presented by you do not demonstrate any information which demonstrates any meaningful ties to India. Furthermore, given the fact that your son and his family are resident in the UK, I am satisfied that you have demonstrated stronger familial ties to the UK and overall you have failed to satisfy me that you have sufficiently strong ties to India so as to credibly demonstrate you will leave the UK at the conclusion of your proposed visit.

UNCLASSIFIED
 Given this and the limited information regarding your personal circumstances, I consider that you have failed to show sufficiently strong family, social or economic ties to India, and assess that there is little to encourage you to leave the UK on completion of a visit. I am not satisfied that you have presented an accurate picture of your economic circumstances in India or your intentions in travelling to the UK.
 Given the above I am not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor and that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes (these are listed in Appendices 3, 4 and 5). I am also not satisfied that you have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing public funds. This includes the cost of the return or onward journey, any costs relating to dependants, and the cost of planned activities. Therefore your application is refused under paragraphs V4.2 (a), (c) and (e) of the Immigration Rules.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:33 am

Without knowing what you supplied with the application, there is clearly concern that your parents would have no intention or financial ability to return to India at the end of the visit as well as concern that they would breach the visit visa conditions by working in order to cover any financial costs associated with the visit. You would have to show stronger documentation of intent to return to India and ability to pay for the trip in order to be successful in any future applications.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:21 pm

geoeng wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:33 am
Without knowing what you supplied with the application, there is clearly concern that your parents would have no intention or financial ability to return to India at the end of the visit as well as concern that they would breach the visit visa conditions by working in order to cover any financial costs associated with the visit. You would have to show stronger documentation of intent to return to India and ability to pay for the trip in order to be successful in any future applications.
Most of the times it is the "ties to home country" part which proves to be the most difficult. I don't see in this reply anything re inability to pay for the visit.

@OP:

1) what kind of supporting papers did you provide?
2) what is the visa refusal they are talking about? Is this the US one or UK? what were the reasons then and what did you add to your new application?

CarlH88
Newly Registered

Post by CarlH88 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:25 pm

I would consider yourself very lucky that your family members were not accused of deception and banned from applying again for 10 years.

'Forgetting' isn't a good enough excuse as far as the Home Office is concerned.

I would concentrate on fixing each reason for the refusal and then re-applying with the declined visa applications included.

All the best

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:27 pm

iwolga wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:21 pm
Most of the times it is the "ties to home country" part which proves to be the most difficult. I don't see in this reply anything re inability to pay for the visit.
The last few lines of the refusal relate to concerns about working or accessing public funds in order to have sufficient funds for the visit including planned activities and a return/onward journey. Not sure what was included in initial application, but I imagine having a return ticket and evidence of pre-paid planned activities may help for future applications.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:29 pm

geoeng wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:27 pm
iwolga wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:21 pm
The last few lines of the refusal relate to concerns about working or accessing funds in order to have sufficient funds for the visit including planned activities and a return/onward journey. Not sure what was included in initial application, but I imagine having a return ticket and evidence of pre-paid planned activities may help for future applications.
Ow yes, sorry, I missed this part. I would not recommend investing into any tickets with this kind of application history (unless they are refundable). Normally a sponsorship letter from OP should help with this.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:40 pm

CarlH88 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:25 pm
I would consider yourself very lucky that your family members were not accused of deception and banned from applying again for 10 years.
Agreed. There was another topic here just a couple of days ago with a less favourable outcome.

Truth is, I also want my mum to visit me in UK but I'm not sure of the outcome of her application. She is retired, divorced, I'm her only relative. She've been to UK once 2 years ago on visitor visa but this was before I've relocated to UK. She does receive state pension (approx EUR500) and have some savings. She also owns the apartment. Still, from what I read here, chances are high they will consider her a risk of overstayer.

jattsaab
Newly Registered
India

Post by jattsaab » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:17 pm

My dad is a retired policeman. My parents have £30000 of savings in their bank account. They own a house which is nearly £47000 of value, they also owe fields and agriculture of value of £60000as well as 2 cars I really don’t understand what documents they need to more proof

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:44 pm

jattsaab wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:17 pm
My dad is a retired policeman. My parents have £30000 of savings in their bank account. They own a house which is nearly £47000 of value, they also owe fields and agriculture of value of £60000as well as 2 cars I really don’t understand what documents they need to more proof
DId you provide titles (recent confirmations from registrar) for these properties?
I can see the following in the refusal letter: Other than limited information of land ownership evidence of funds and a pension, the documents presented by you do not demonstrate any information which demonstrates any meaningful ties to India.

jattsaab
Newly Registered
India

Post by jattsaab » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:48 pm

We provide everything even bank statements book as well

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:16 pm

In the refusal it states that your dad is getting a regular income of 366324 yearly. Where is he getting that income from If he is retired? Pension?

Please list what documents were included with the application.

Its worth attaching a detailed cover letter about his income, assets, property etc.

Had similar issue with my father in laws application and with detailed cover letter & additional documents the visa was approved.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:51 pm

geoeng wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:27 pm
but I imagine having a return ticket and evidence of pre-paid planned activities may help for future applications.
They wont carry sufficient weight as both can be cancelled at nominal fee.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.