ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Meaning of under consideration letter?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AmyFluffy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Meaning of under consideration letter?

Post by AmyFluffy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:19 pm

Hi All,

I received an email from HO saying that my application is still under consideration.. I know this is kind of normal email. However, there are something I would like to know.
1. When I received this email, is that mean that a staff is reviewing my form or it is still pending for staff to be reviewed?
2. If they found some mistake or they want to reject, they will reject it now or ask for extra information instead of sending me the under consideration email?
3. I know it says 6 months, it also say 6 months when I extended my working visa but it ended up turning to be only 1.5 months. Is it normally quicker than 6 months or is it normally touching 6 months line?
4. When HO found out I make mistake on the form, will they be so kind to give me a chance for clarification or interview before they reject?
I am really worried because there is so many uncertainty about Brexit and wanted to make sure I can have the IRL by then... and this is the very first time I fill the application form myself...
Appreciated for your help!!!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Meaning of under consideration letter?

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:28 pm

The dictitionary meaning of consideration is review/examination/analysis/inspection etc. It means that your case is under process and getting reviewed. Regarding Brexit it won't affect the applicants under UK immigration rules.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmyFluffy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AmyFluffy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:42 pm

Hi Seagul

Thanks for your reply. I know Brexit would affect HO on my application but it does affect my sponsor (company) business. It will make my company very hard to keep on if there is no deal.
That’s why this might be my only chance to apply. Because my company always get an agent to do with my visa extension but they said IRL is not granted by them so I was told to apply myself. Thats why I been very nervous about making a mistake...
I would choose super priority if I could but it is not available in my type of application..
May you be so kind to answer the rest of my questions?
Thanks again!

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:02 pm

Can you state your immigration route and history so you can have the right help. However if you apply soon and before brexit, you will not have issues with the company closing down. Can you expatiate on your immigration history
Bizman

AmyFluffy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AmyFluffy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:25 pm

Hi Bizman,

I applied for set (o) for rep of oversea business.

I had two extension before and my current visa will expire in over a year.

HO always have no problem (as far as I know) about my application.

My company said I should be responsible for the ILR and I applied myself. However, if it is no deal Brexit, it will be very difficult for my company to survive.

One of the criteria is to confirm I am needed in the company which far to this point is a 100% yes but I am not sure about the future.

I received an email from HO saying that my application is under consideration and the service standard is 6 months

I was really worried about me making some stupid mistake on the form.

I had included with my application as much information as possible.

My friends told me afterward never provided docs they didnt ask for because then it will make the process longer.

I had included bank statements and marriage cert that they didnt ask for

I am not sure if that someone is reviewing my case so an email was sent to me as it is under review or is it that they just send it and my application is pending for someone to review.

I am also hoping that HO will always give you a chance if you had made any mistake but again I am really not sure.

Hope you can give me more advice.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:47 pm

Given your previous query on the forum you seem to be extremely anxious. Emails like this are sent automatically. They do not mean anything. Your ILR could take 2-3 months. I also suggest to ignore the huge mass hysteria around the issue of Brexit. Your ILR will be granted very soon
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmyFluffy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AmyFluffy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:55 pm

Hi Zimba

Yes.. I am really anxious. My mum said to me I had to expect poor sleep for 6 months...

There are many reasons why I am so desperate to get it asap. Not just because Brexit is happening and it can affect my current job.

I am very lucky that employer trust me so well to put me into this position and for that I am truly grateful.

I also thinking even I have to go back Hong Kong it would still be fine but given the recent movement and political environment of Hong Kong make me afraid so much. Everyday teargases and bullets and ignorant government had made my previous home no longer a home.

Anyway, all that add up to a very anxious for me. Sorry for long paragraphs with personal feelings and thanks for your kind reply.

AmyFluffy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AmyFluffy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:09 pm

And one thing is that I read a statistic saying that the success rate is around 90-95% and since then I am afraid I am one in that 5-10%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:41 pm

I can understand your anxiety but there is not much you can do other than wait and be positive. Just try not to stress yourself over this unnecessarily. If you got your extensions previously and fulfilled all the requirements for your ILR, you will get it soon.

Note: The email you got is a generic automated email that all applicants receive monthly.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:06 am

It’s better to be patient than to allow anxiety destroy your health. I think you will soon have your ILR, HO has been very fair of late as regards requesting for information if it seems necessary. Finger crossed this might not be necessary at all. So keep your cool and possibly find something interesting to occupy your time till the arrival of your approval. All the best.
Bizman

AmyFluffy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AmyFluffy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi all....
Really thanks for your encouragement. I will try to relax a little bit...

AmyFluffy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Sorry for keep asking.....

Post by AmyFluffy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:04 pm

Hi,
I know I am nervous and sorry for keep asking.
I had received the under consideration email on 29/08 and the survey email for my partner (not for myself) on 12/09. I am expecting another under consideration email to be sent today.
I saw the posts from the forum before said they will still send the email even it is on Sunday and the date of the email will be the same. Ie 29th every month.
Some said not receiving the under consideration emIl might mean a decision had came but some said the otherwise.
I did check online for the working status which is unchanged.
Is it a chance that my application is declined?
I am really sorry to ask again but this application had meant a lot of me and my partner.
Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sorry for keep asking.....

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:13 pm

Topics merged!!

We can't tell you and have no inside knowledge of ho processes. You simply need to wait to hear back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmyFluffy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AmyFluffy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:21 pm

Hi CR001

If you do not mind, can I ask for 2 more things?
1. I didnt mark any absence in my application because I though absence mean a long absence, not about 2-3 days trip but I had submitted all the stamps in my visa and mentioned in proof of cohabitation letter me and my partner travelled together to EU throughout our stay in UK. Will it be a problem?
2. The documents that I had to submit to Home office for my company business. Although the form said I can just submit 1 of the followings but I ticked both Invoices to UK business and contracts with UK business. I mis-read invoices to UK business and in invoices from UK business. I submitted contract with UK business and invoices from UK business. Will it be a problem if I didnt submit invoices to UK business?

I am sorry for keep asking really. Thank you for your patient in advance.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:41 pm

If you can detail all your trips made in the past five years on a sheet of paper and mention on a cover letter that just wanted to mention all that before decision as you didn’t know you should in the form and send it to home office, that will take care of the mistake.

For the second one, If you have the invoice you can send it as well.

All the best
Bizman

AmyFluffy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AmyFluffy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:50 pm

Hi Bizman,

Thanks you. Do you know where should I post it? Or Where can I obtain the contact from HO so that I can send it to them?
Thanks a lot again...

As for the invoices, due to business nature, we do not have the invoices to UK business, we only have invoices from them. I mis-tick the box. Can I mention this to the cover letter?

Thanks and appreciated for your help.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:29 pm

Send to this address

Tier 1 ILR
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

You can mention about the invoices in the cover letter.
Bizman

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:47 pm

bizman wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:29 pm
Send to this address

Tier 1 ILR
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

You can mention about the invoices in the cover letter.
NO. The OP did not apply for Tier 1 Ent.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

AmyFluffy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by AmyFluffy » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi
Should I put representatives of oversea business?
Thanks