ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for myself and my dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shahulhamid1999
Newly Registered

ILR application for myself and my dependents

Post by shahulhamid1999 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:29 pm

I will get my ILR in 2022. My Spouse and my Children who are about 8 yrs and 5 yrs old used to live with me till last December 2018 but they went back and will be back by Dec 2021.

Can you please help me with below queries.

I go back to India for vacation every 3 months and stay there for 3 weeks so in total I will be away from UK for around 12 weeks in a year which is less than 180 days in a year. I also get full salary as I manage my leaves and also get to work from home for around 5 weeks in a year. I hope this shouldn't be a problem for my eligibility for ILR application ? as I am not going to be away for more than 180 days for any continuous 12 months.

For my Kids - I understand there is no requirement for them to spend 5 yrs in UK at the time they apply for ILR. They will apply along with me and I am planning to get them here back in Dec 2021 or Mar 2022. I will apply for ILR in Aug 2022 so I assume they are eligible for ILR if they apply with me even if they arrive in UK by Mar 2022. My spouse won't be applying for ILR as she won't be completing 5 yrs in UK so she will continue to stay with a visa.
As I only will be applying for ILR and not my spouse will that be a concern for my KIds ILR application along with me ?

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR application for myself and my dependents

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:43 pm

Why are you starting a new topic ??!

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-applicat ... 89539.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice