ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (LR) form did not ask about Knowledge of English language and life in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bashabi
Newly Registered

Set (LR) form did not ask about Knowledge of English language and life in the UK

Post by bashabi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:54 pm

I am living in UK about 11 years. I have filled up and already submitted my settlement application form (LR) online, on 24th August 2019.

As it mentioned in Home Office website, to be eligible to apply one must have passed the ‘ Life in the UK Test’ and need to prove you have sufficient ‘English language skills’. I have both. Before final application, I have filled up the form as a trial. That time there was the options to provide information regarding ‘Life in the UK Test’ and ‘English language skills’. Later, instead of that form, I have filled up a new form from the beginning and submitted it. In this submitted form, there was no option to put (or select) information regarding ‘Life in the UK Test’ and ‘English language skills’.

Even the final Document Checklist is not asking me to send evidence regarding ‘Life in the UK Test’ and ‘English language skills’. It has asked me to upload the evidence of my spouse’s immigration status, our marriage certificate and our address correspondence. But there is no mention to upload my degree certificate to prove my English language skill and pass notification letter of Life in UK test to prove my sufficient knowledge about UK life.

I have applied via online and used set LR form (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-lr). I haven’t missed any requested information; as I have checked few times before submitting it.

When I have downloaded the completed form there is no section regarding English Language Ability or Life in the UK.

Now I am confused , what has gone wrong.

Has anybody come across this problem ?
Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

B S

zimba
Mood:

Re: Set (LR) form did not ask about Knowledge of English language and life in the UK

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:20 pm

Seems to be a glitch. You must provide both and upload it to the UKVCAS system
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

molbog19
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: Set (LR) form did not ask about Knowledge of English language and life in the UK

Post by molbog19 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:15 pm

Hi bashabi

I also encountered this problem when completing the SET(LR) form online on the 4/9/2019. The questions relating to both English knowledge and Life In The UK test were missing and were not on my copy of the completed application form. You are correct in saying both of these are necessary for a SET (LR) application.

I have uploaded both my degree and LITUK pass letter on UKVCAS as part of my application, and I recommend you do this too!

ilr_10y
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by ilr_10y » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:22 am

Hi what was the outcome for you guys? I'm in same boat as you guys with no liuk and English test on my form

zm8162
Newly Registered

Post by zm8162 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:13 pm

Did we get an outcome for this?

I'm having the same problem. It has asked for Life in the UK test notification number and the certificate.

For english it has only asked if it was previously used as a settlement application on or after october 2013 (the answer is no, because I'm making an ILR application now). After that it does not ask any more information about english language, nor for any evidence in the document checklist.

I have used my IELTS previously for a spouse visa application in 2014 which was accepted.
I don't want to just upload the certificate as it was done in 2014 and would be "expired" - but I understand that it's previously been used successfully in an application it still counts.

Help please.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:22 pm

zm8162 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:13 pm
Did we get an outcome for this?

I'm having the same problem. It has asked for Life in the UK test notification number and the certificate.

For english it has only asked if it was previously used as a settlement application on or after october 2013 (the answer is no, because I'm making an ILR application now). After that it does not ask any more information about english language, nor for any evidence in the document checklist.

I have used my IELTS previously for a spouse visa application in 2014 which was accepted.
I don't want to just upload the certificate as it was done in 2014 and would be "expired" - but I understand that it's previously been used successfully in an application it still counts.

Help please.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-english- ... l#p1854796
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice