ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ni Number

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UzomaPhilips
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Ni Number

Post by UzomaPhilips » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:12 am

Hello,
My sister just arrived the UK on a Tier 4 (student) visa and she needs to get her NI number and provisional driving licence.

I have got an appointment for her at DWP in Nottingham in Nov, she's been asked to provide proof that she's looking for work. She hasn't got a job offer or actively searching for now as she's acclimatising but would be needed soon as she settles in

Any examples of what constitutes proof of looking for work?

I know she can apply for provisional driving licence without NI card or number but I'd rather she sorted both out simultaneously.

Jaune08
Mexico

Re: Ni Number

Post by Jaune08 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:22 pm

UzomaPhilips wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:12 am
she's been asked to provide proof that she's looking for work. She hasn't got a job offer or actively searching for now as she's acclimatising but would be needed soon as she settles in

Any examples of what constitutes proof of looking for work?
A proof of looking for job can be any confirmation by email that she has received from a recruitment section at a company. For example, if she sends an email to apply for a job at a Costa Cafe, Tesco, McDonald’s, etc and she’ll get a standard email with “your inquiry has been received”: that email counts as a proof for seeking a job. She doesn’t even have to take that job, but to demonstrate she’s actively looking for one.