ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Philq123
Newly Registered

Income spouse visa

Post by Philq123 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:58 am

I can provide 12 months bank statements as proof of over £18,600 total income, self employed.

However, the recent 5 months on a regular basis I have earned under £1,300 working part time NHS. I Now have a full time contract of employment within the NHS (band 2). £17,800 not including unsociable and overtime enhancements.

So I will hit the threshold. Is it possible to submit present contact of work and bank statements for 12 months, even if recent 5 months is low paid? Please help 🙂

geoeng
Canada

Re: Income spouse visa

Post by geoeng » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:20 am

I'd suggest a read of the guidance document linked below as it outlines the various ways the financial requirements can be met and combinations permitted:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf

For self-employment, you need to provide much more than just bank statements and it will be the self-employment income for the last full financial year that would apply for category F or averaged over the last 2 full financial years for Category G. This can be combined with salaried or non-salaried employment, but only income received during the applicable financial year for the self-employment earnings will be considered.

If you're trying to use only your salaried/non-salaried employment earning rather than self-employment income, the requirements are different.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:39 am

Are you still self-employed or only working on the full-time contract? How long have you been working under the full-time contract?

I don't think you'll be able to say your previous 12 months income that met the financial requirement was self-employment income but you are now working in salaried employment that does not meet the financial requirement on its own. The idea is that the work you've done in the past and the work you continue to do will both meet the financial requirement.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:58 pm

Philq123 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:58 am
I can provide 12 months bank statements as proof of over £18,600 total income, self employed.

However, the recent 5 months on a regular basis I have earned under £1,300 working part time NHS. I Now have a full time contract of employment within the NHS (band 2). £17,800 not including unsociable and overtime enhancements.

So I will hit the threshold. Is it possible to submit present contact of work and bank statements for 12 months, even if recent 5 months is low paid? Please help 🙂
Are you working for an agency or umbrella company who paying your taxes from wages or you are paying your own taxes by yourself/accountant??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.