ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

changing to Super Priority Service

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ridgem
Newly Registered

changing to Super Priority Service

Post by ridgem » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:42 am

Hi all,

This forum has been so incredibly helpful... thank you again to everyone that contributes.

I have submitted my FLR(M) and paid the standard charge. I have booked a standard Sopra Steria appointment for 14 October. I am now realising I may not have my decision/ BRP by a planned Christmas trip (14 December). Does anyone know if it is possible to change my service to the Super Priority/ same day option at this point? How can I do this?

Thank you very much

geoeng
Canada

Re: changing to Super Priority Service

Post by geoeng » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:54 am

You may be able to purchase additional premium services by logging back into the UKVCAS (Sopra Steria) website but I'm not sure if you can change to a super priority service or not but should be quick to check by going into the website. From the timeline thread, UKVI have recently been relatively good at hitting their target of providing decisions on FLR(M) within 8 weeks of the date of application (rather than 8 weeks from biometric appointment), so if you have already applied you should have a decision by the end of November even just by using the standard service with a BRP following within about a week to 10 days typically. I do realise this may be cutting it uncomfortably close though.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

ridgem
Newly Registered

Re: changing to Super Priority Service

Post by ridgem » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:44 am

Thanks very much for the reply!

I've called both the home office and Sopra Steria, so for anyone who might find this useful, it is NOT possible to upgrade to Super Priority after you've submitted your application.

I will be on tenterhooks waiting for my BRP, but managed to find an appointment further away for this Friday, so I'm hoping it will work out.

Thanks again for the help!