ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[Partner Visa] Adequate Accommodation Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jfree
Newly Registered

[Partner Visa] Adequate Accommodation Requirement

Post by jfree » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:44 pm

Hello everyone,

I have ILR, is currently living and working in Hong Kong with my wife. We are looking to move back to the UK soon, having secured a confirmed job offer which starts in about 4 months time. I would like to apply for a partner visa for my wife so that she can move back to the UK along with me. Looking at the requirements, we should be alright with all of them, although I have a question about the adequate accommodation requirement.

I do not own a property in the UK, and do not have any family member who owns one as well. Both my wife and I are currently outside of the UK, which means I do not currently have a confirmed rental accommodation in the UK. I was wondering what would be the best way to fulfil this adequate accommodation requirement? I have a friend who owns a house in the UK who might be willing to help me out by providing a letter and land registry document to show his ownership. Alternatively, would it be better if I contact the letting agents in the UK and look to secure a rental property 4 months in advance (although I feel that given it is 4 months from now, it seems rather unlikely that we will be able to secure one now for it to go along with our partner visa submission).

What do you reckon? Your advice is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

geoeng
Canada

Re: [Partner Visa] Adequate Accommodation Requirement

Post by geoeng » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:52 pm

How long have you been gone from the UK for?
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:55 pm

jfree wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:44 pm
Hello everyone,

I have ILR, is currently living and working in Hong Kong with my wife. We are looking to move back to the UK soon, having secured a confirmed job offer which starts in about 4 months time
To meet the criteria it must start within 3 months instead 4 months
jfree wrote:
? I have a friend who owns a house in the UK who might be willing to help me out by providing a letter and land registry document to show his ownership.
This is best solution because property/estates will carry out a right of rent check before signing any rental agreement and since you are outside the UK which will make things complicated for you.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jfree
Newly Registered

Post by jfree » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:58 pm

geoeng wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:52 pm
Hi geoeng

I have been away for 1.5 years. Is that relevant in this case? just wondering... :roll:

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:58 pm

jfree wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:58 pm
geoeng wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:52 pm
Hi geoeng

I have been away for 1.5 years. Is that relevant in this case? just wondering... :roll:
On 2 years of continuous absence ILR gets cancelled.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jfree
Newly Registered

Post by jfree » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:02 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:55 pm
jfree wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have ILR, is currently living and working in Hong Kong with my wife. We are looking to move back to the UK soon, having secured a confirmed job offer which starts in about 4 months time
To meet the criteria it must start within 3 months instead 4 months
jfree wrote:
? I have a friend who owns a house in the UK who might be willing to help me out by providing a letter and land registry document to show his ownership.
This is best solution because property/estates will carry out a right of rent check before signing any rental agreement and since you are outside the UK which will make things complicated for you.
Hi seagul,

Thanks for your kind replies!

My new job starts in February, and we intend to submit the application in November 2019. On the application form, we will put the intended travel date down as February 2020. I think the requirement is for the confirmed job to start within three months upon coming back to the UK, not from the date of application. Do correct me if I am wrong...

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:03 pm

jfree wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:58 pm
Hi geoeng

What seagul said was why I asked. Not relevant in this case obviously but could be for some who aren't aware of the various quirks in the rules for ILR.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:05 pm

jfree wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi seagul,

. I think the requirement is for the confirmed job to start within three months upon coming back to the UK, not from the date of application. Do correct me if I am wrong...
Correct