ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BrexitEscapee
- thin ice -

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by BrexitEscapee » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:50 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:26 pm
Nor did my simple question!

Sulla did NOT start this topic! This thread is a continuation of a locked thread that was locked due to people fighting, if I remember correctly.. one of those people was sulla!
Me and Sulla have reached an uneasy truce, but I still continue to argue with the world when contentious topics like Brexit come up. It's probably down to my antics that your genuine question about Scottish Independence was unfairly shot down in flames. It's a topic of great interest to many of the people reading this thread, and people aren't going to be arguing about the politics of Scottish Independence - rather, they'll be asking who will be eligible for citizenship if it happens. In case you missed it: yesterday, Sulla posted a link to a paper produced for the 2014 independence referendum which covers what you wanted to know. The key section is this:
"We plan that British citizens habitually resident in Scotland on independence will be considered Scottish citizens. This will include British citizens who hold dual citizenship with another country. Scottish born British citizens currently living outside of Scotland will also be considered Scottish citizens. Following independence, other people will be able to apply for Scottish citizenship. For example, citizenship by descent will be available to those who have a parent or grandparent who qualifies for Scottish citizenship. Those who have a demonstrable connection to Scotland and have spent at least ten years living here at some stage, whether as a child or an adult, will also have the opportunity to apply for citizenship. Migrants on qualifying visas will also have the option of applying for naturalisation as a Scottish citizen. The UK allows dual or multiple citizenship for British citizens. If a British citizen acquires citizenship and a passport of another country, this does not affect their British citizenship, right to hold a British passport or right to live in the UK. The Scottish Government will also allow dual citizenship. It will be for the rest of the UK to decide whether it allows dual UK/Scottish citizenship, but we expect the normal rules to extend to Scottish citizens."
So it's possible that your Aberdeen-born grandfather may eventually be your route to a Scottish passport.

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:52 pm

Lindsey_T wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:33 pm
*UPDATE*

I posted back in June.

Brit in the Netherlands here. Posted my FBR application to the Irish Embassy here in the Netherlands early January this year. Called today to see if I can get an update. My application was approved last week! "Congratulations, you're now an Irish citizen! " the person said. I have up to a 5 week wait to receive the certificate and my documents back.

I have not once received an email or postal update or any communication whatsoever!

So, all in all, about 8 and a half months wait to be approved.

They did say they'd stopped processing them at the embassy, and that now all applications were just being forwarded on to Dublin. I think I may have got mine in before this happened as mine was approved at the embassy.
Congrats!!
jgclancy

mozza75
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mozza75 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi all, sorry for the delay in posting an update.

Original applications for my two kids received 25th Sept 2018.
One had a confirmation email that day and the other came later.

Received a phone call which I missed on 16/09/2019, message then said that I would be sent an email to confirm address.

Replied to email to confirm addresses for both.

Certs received 23/09/2019, showing that the kids were entered into FBR on 16/09/2019.

:D

Lee2521
Ireland

Post by Lee2521 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:55 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Lee2521 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:37 am
Michael123 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:32 pm
Irish FBR is the core topic and the only topic for discussion, understandable. So in the future, I should expect not to see any Irish Passport discussion or other questions about naturalization.

Hi Michael

The FBR is the core topic but it doesn't hurt if anyone on here mentions about the progress of their passport applications and also to ask for help . After all Sulla started this topic so if it's ok with him why should it be a problem it is related to the FBR in the sense it is the next step .

Regards

Lee

Sulla did NOT start this topic! This thread is a continuation of a locked thread that was locked due to people fighting, if I remember correctly.. one of those people was sulla!

I didn't say Sulla started the topic or subject of FBR originally that would of been done many many years ago but I was trying to put across that it was this portal/version started by the very person.

Lee2521
Ireland

Post by Lee2521 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:17 pm

I don't think we need to take this "core topic" issue too strictly. Matters connected to the core topic can of course be discussed. That naturally embraces passport applications of which FBR certificates are part. As for naturalisation queries, I have only ever seen a few and they usually come from people who are in the wrong thread. I don't see a problem with answering their question if possible while pointing them in the direction of another thread.

I don't personally object to discussion of the pros and cons of Scottish independence or Brexit. However, CR001 is perfectly right. If such topics were allowed to be discussed, then they would fill up the thread with comments that have nothing to do with FBR. In addition, there would definitely be clashes between members with different viewpoints and things would descend into acrimony. We saw it happen with Brexit once already (I stayed out of that one) in this thread. In the former thread, such exchanges (which I was involved in) led to it being locked.

If anyone wants to start a thread on Scottish independence (relevant to citizenship / migration) then I am sure the UK section of the forum could accommodate that.
[/quote]

Hi Sulla

I know your version is not the first, I guess there has probably been many but I was making the point that this version was set up by yourself that's all. The passport post are a good indication of the process and times and I think that should be helpful to many on here. also like you say if it's about other aspects of citizenship then someone on here will kindly point them in the right direction.

With the pro and cons Scottish (Alba) citizenship there should be another topic set up, great idea for discussing this and also there could be one for Welsh (Cymru) , English (Anglia) citizenship.

I agree here is not the best place to talk about brexit.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:39 pm

Lee2521 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:55 pm
Michael123 wrote:
Lee2521 wrote:
Michael123 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:32 pm
Irish FBR is the core topic and the only topic for discussion, understandable. So in the future, I should expect not to see any Irish Passport discussion or other questions about naturalization.

Hi Michael

The FBR is the core topic but it doesn't hurt if anyone on here mentions about the progress of their passport applications and also to ask for help . After all Sulla started this topic so if it's ok with him why should it be a problem it is related to the FBR in the sense it is the next step .

Regards

Lee

I didn't say Sulla started the topic or subject of FBR originally that would of been done many many years ago but I was trying to put across that it was this portal/version started by the very person.

If you read YOUR own words as you have already quoted you will see “After all Sulla started this topic so if it's ok with him why should it be a problem it is related to the FBR in the sense it is the next step.” Now you are saying you didn’t say that.. Sulla, as informative as he has been, did not start this topic nor is in control of it, his permission is not required to make a comment or ask a question. He started a new thread that had been locked due to an argument which he was part of. It is the equivalent of myself breaking something that your child owns, I replaced the broken item and you act as if I own the item cause I purchased a replacement.

I do not see how my question, asking for an opinion about (probably the only reason you are here - Brexit) caused you any suffering. There aee many people here that are only here for the irish citizenship that they are seeking due to brexit, so we should all tip toe around that nasty B word because...?? Im sorry if brexit has caused you any issues, but should I tell you not to talk about president trump cause I may not like him?

Im done, I have my FBR and my passport. Unless you want to get my attention again, please do mot quote me and I will let it rest. (quoting me = email notification)

Thank you to all how assisted and helped with my application and waiting process!

Tom- keep in touch.
Liam- I will call you over the weekend.

To the rest- congratulations on getting your FBR and best of luck to those waiting.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:32 am

Lindsey_T wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:33 pm
*UPDATE*

I posted back in June.

Brit in the Netherlands here. Posted my FBR application to the Irish Embassy here in the Netherlands early January this year. Called today to see if I can get an update. My application was approved last week! "Congratulations, you're now an Irish citizen! " the person said. I have up to a 5 week wait to receive the certificate and my documents back.

I have not once received an email or postal update or any communication whatsoever!

So, all in all, about 8 and a half months wait to be approved.

They did say they'd stopped processing them at the embassy, and that now all applications were just being forwarded on to Dublin. I think I may have got mine in before this happened as mine was approved at the embassy.
Hi Lindsey,

Congratulations on your approval. Please let us know the date of your inclusion on the FBR as per the certificate.

Being a bit quicker than average is pretty normal for an embassy based case. I assume at least part of your application was processed there. In some cases the acceleration can be huge, but at least you saved a good few months.

Macdo_Macdo
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Macdo_Macdo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:42 am

Macdo_Macdo wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:20 pm
I've also just received an email asking to confirm my address, hopefully only a couple of weeks away from having the certificate in my hands!!

Unfortunately this news comes two days after spending a stupid sum of money on an urgent, but now obsolete visa. I can confirm you have to actually be Irish before you get any of the associated luck.

My timeline:
Application received London embassy - 16 Oct. 2018
Official "Application received" email - 8 March 2019
Confirm address email - 19 Sept. 2019
My certificate arrived yesterday!!!! (27 Sep), date of entry was same date as confirmation of address email (19 Sept)

sqimandy
Newly Registered

Post by sqimandy » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:18 am

Another piece of good news for the September cohort.

To summarise my timeline:

Application recieved: 27 September 2018
[nothing happened for a long time]
Email asking to confirm my address: 19 September 2019
Date added to the register: 19 September
Certificate and docs recieved in one pack: 27 September 2019.

Exactly one year from start to end.

Thanks to this board for helping me keep my sanity, and Sulla for so diligently maintaining the timeline posts!

sqimandy
Newly Registered

Post by sqimandy » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:34 pm

On a related topic, going through the supporting documents which were returned with my certificate, I notice I'm missing the certified copies of my passport, and my mother's passport. Has anyone else had these retained too?

Slightly frustrating as my siblings are planning to make their own applications reusing my copy of my mother's passport which cost £50 to have notarised!

BrexitEscapee
- thin ice -

Post by BrexitEscapee » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:08 pm

sqimandy wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:34 pm
On a related topic, going through the supporting documents which were returned with my certificate, I notice I'm missing the certified copies of my passport, and my mother's passport. Has anyone else had these retained too?

Slightly frustrating as my siblings are planning to make their own applications reusing my copy of my mother's passport which cost £50 to have notarised!
I've just looked through my pack of FBR docs, and I've only got the black and white photocopy I made myself of the notarised photo page of my passport - i.e. it looks like DFA retained the original. (My application used my mother's and granddad's death certificates so no requirement for their notarised ID docs.) They presumably retain a file of key evidence for all citizenship applications including the notarised passports/driving licenses/ID cards. They can process joint applications from siblings, so their records obviously have some way of referencing one document across multiple applicants. Therefore, it might be worth phoning them up to ask whether your siblings could apply, quoting your FBR certificate number, to cross-reference their applications to the notarised copy of your mum's passport which they're already holding on file.

(That said, I'd just pay the £50 for another notarised copy and make sure all your remaining siblings apply together.)
Last edited by BrexitEscapee on Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macdo_Macdo
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Macdo_Macdo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:23 pm

Yes same here, my notarized copies were not returned either

sqimandy
Newly Registered

Post by sqimandy » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:28 pm

BrexitEscapee wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:08 pm
sqimandy wrote:

I've just looked through my pack of FBR docs, and I've only got the black and white photocopy I made myself of the notarised photo page of my passport - i.e. it looks like DFA retained the original. (My application used my mother's and granddad's death certificates so no requirement for their notarised ID docs.) They presumably retain a file of key evidence for all citizenship applications including the notarised passports/driving licenses/ID cards. They can process joint applications from siblings, so their records obviously have some way of referencing one document across multiple applicants. Therefore, it might be worth phoning them up to ask whether your siblings could apply, quoting your FBR certificate number, to cross-reference their applications to the notarised copy of your mum's passport which they're already holding on file.

(That said, I'd just pay the £50 for another notarised copy and make sure all your remaining siblings apply together.)
That makes sense. Especially your recommendation to get them to pay £50 for their own copy. I'm not sure it would be wise to introduce an additional complication to the already slow process!

Thanks for confirming you didn't get the passport copy back either.

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:16 pm

sqimandy wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:18 am
Another piece of good news for the September cohort.

To summarise my timeline:

Application recieved: 27 September 2018
[nothing happened for a long time]
Email asking to confirm my address: 19 September 2019
Date added to the register: 19 September
Certificate and docs recieved in one pack: 27 September 2019.

Exactly one year from start to end.

Thanks to this board for helping me keep my sanity, and Sulla for so diligently maintaining the timeline posts!
---->[nothing happened for a long time]

This should now be the motto for this thread hahahaha
jgclancy---day 97 since package accepted and
a lotta nothing for another 269 days I assume

Lee2521
Ireland

Post by Lee2521 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:40 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:39 pm
Lee2521 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:55 pm
Michael123 wrote:
Lee2521 wrote:

If you read YOUR own words as you have already quoted you will see “After all Sulla started this topic so if it's ok with him why should it be a problem it is related to the FBR in the sense it is the next step.” Now you are saying you didn’t say that.. Sulla, as informative as he has been, did not start this topic nor is in control of it, his permission is not required to make a comment or ask a question. He started a new thread that had been locked due to an argument which he was part of. It is the equivalent of myself breaking something that your child owns, I replaced the broken item and you act as if I own the item cause I purchased a replacement.

I do not see how my question, asking for an opinion about (probably the only reason you are here - Brexit) caused you any suffering. There aee many people here that are only here for the irish citizenship that they are seeking due to brexit, so we should all tip toe around that nasty B word because...?? Im sorry if brexit has caused you any issues, but should I tell you not to talk about president trump cause I may not like him

Hi Michael

I have answered you already and why are you getting so uptight about who started this topic?
As for seeking attention that's not my style or reason for my previous post.

We all know the reason why people apply to be registered on the FBR and we all have our own reasons. As for brexit which hasn't affected me also it hasn't happened yet and isn't guaranteed, until it happens it's the status quo.

President Trump isn't my head of state and I have only lived in the USA temporary under his presidency for 6 weeks in 2017.

I am happy for you receiving your FBR and then your passport also to the ever increasing members on here getting there notifications and receiving their FBR's.

Regards

Lee

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:08 am

BrexitEscapee wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:08 pm
sqimandy wrote:

I did not receive the notarized copy of my own ID document back with my FBR certificate. However, I did get the notarized copy of my father's ID back. Luckily, I was in the embassy to collect the FBR certificate and submit the passport application at the same time. Therefore, the staff there just quickly made another copy of my passport and certified it for the passport application. They did this free of charge. which was jolly nice of them. On the other hand, though it does say on the application page for FBR that all supporting documents will be returned to you. Obviously, they don't seem to count notarized ID copies as supporting documents to be returned. Also, it is odd that some people are getting one of the notarized copies back, while others are not.

Anyway, I think that based on what we know, making 2 copies of your own ID document at the notary would be prudent. One for FBR and one for later use with the passport.

kkjak

Post by kkjak » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:38 pm

Hi all 😁
congratulations to who received their certificate
I applied exactly a Year ago for my daughter, the confirmation email received on the 27/09/2018,
I submitted the application by an post in Dublin,
The waiting is on

PD9
Newly Registered

Post by PD9 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:04 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:16 am
My grandmother was born in Cork, Ire and my grandfather in Aberdeen. I am hoping for Scottish independence, I would love to have a Scottish passport too!! I hear there might be another referendum because of Brexit and most of the Scottish voted to stay in the EU, your thoughts?
Hi Michael, in short Yes. Independence all the way for me. And hopefully you can get that passport! As there has been some unfortunate and negative comments since your reply; I’ll be sure to keep any other contributions relevant to topic. Best overall for this very informative and engaging thread. My mailbox is always open..Thanks.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:53 am

Emma Williams wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:34 pm
Hi - Found this thread last week and it has brought me to the realisation that it's unlikely I will have my Irish passport in my hand by end of June 2020 before I'm due to go on holiday and that I will have to renew my British one!

Both me and my cousin have applied to be placed onto the FBR. He applied in April of this year, and because I have no patience to wait for the certificates to come back, I bought copies and sent off my own application. Does anyone know if this could cause issues in Dublin (i.e two applications, two sets of certificates for the same grandparent)?.

Heres hoping the new DFA staff will be able to clear the backlog that seems to have built up!

Thanks!
Hi emma,

Can you please confirm the exact dates that your applications were received in Dublin? I mean the date the recorded delivery package arrived. Thanks.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:00 am

spiderplants wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:30 pm
Great to read about so many recent approvals. I was approved today! I think it would have happened a few weeks ago but for a few questions about documents. But very happy and relieved. Great service from Dublin once my case was allocated to a case officer. So, I'm about 53 weeks from original receipt of application.
Hi Spiderplants

Can you please let us know the precise date on which your application was received (in Dublin or at an embassy) so that I can add you to the list. At present, I can only find your date of addition to the register. Thank you.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:03 am

Newly updated list that includes recent additions. If your information has been missed out, please let me know.

May 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Jacqui309 – received May 15th / Pending
Kellie18 – received May 16th / (Added to FBR December 3rd 2018)
Emma86 – received May 30th (Added to FBR November 20th 2018)

June 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Ben321 – received mid-June / Pending (coming soon)
Cindy – received June 14th / Pending
156Nathan – received June 16th (Added to FBR November 14th 2018)

July 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Brawn – received July 2nd (Added to FBR March 13th 2019)
Jpauls – received July 12th (Added to FBR November 13th 2018)
Nick1066 _ received July 18th online date (Added to FBR November 14th 2018)
BostonCeltics – received July 20th (Added to FBR November 15th 2018)
Stephen F – received July 20th 2018 (Added to FBR unknown / Certificate received January 10th 2019)
Samantha – received July 22nd / (Added to FBR July 2nd 2019) Thai Case
James_mcfc – received July 25th (Added to the FBR November 27th 2018)
Rbs3 – received July 27th (Added to FBR March 26th 2019)
Rdslight – received July 31st (Added to FBR – May 23rd / Certificate received June 3rd 2019)
Richard – received July 31st (added to FBR March 10th 2019)

August 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.

Oction – received August 1st (Added to FBR July 11th 2019)
Sean – received August 2nd (Added to FBR December 19th 2018)
Spav – received August 3rd (Added to FBR December 11th 2018)
Faith2611 – received August 3rd / (Awaiting Printing)
Amcbamcb – received August 8th (Added to FBR May 17th 2019)
Hol292 – received August 10th (Added to FBR July 5th 2019)
Rick81 – received August 10th / Pending
Sulla – received August 14th (Added to FBR November 28th 2018) Chinese Case
LeifRNR – received August 14th Added to FBR July 17th 2019)
Laurie – received August 15th / (Added to FBR August 1st 2019)
NYNJ – Received August 16th 2018 / (Added to FBR August 15th 2019)
Valiant – Received August 16th 2018 / Pending
Michael – received August 21st / (Added to FBR June 7th 2019)
Donna – received August 21st / (Added to FBR June 7th 2019)
Upliam _ received August 22nd / (Awaiting printing & Delivery)
USczKat – received August 23rd / (Added to FBR September 10th 2019)
SonicBoom – received August 28th / Pending (coming soon)
GSP666 - received August 28th / (Awaiting printing & Delivery)
Pumps100 – received August 29th / (Added to FBR September 10th2019)
MaddeningBike – received August 31st / (Added to FBR August 30th 2019)
Nydccub – received August 31st / Pending

September 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Court2 - received September 1st / Pending
Oshma – received September 4th / Pending
Clongwill – received September 6th / Pending
Aussie_MJ – received September 10th / pending
Fillio39 – received September 11th / Pending
Chloe19 – received September 13th / Pending
Mark1Nesbitt – received September 13th / Pending
Costus – received September 14th / Pending (awaiting printing)
Spike – received September 20th / (Added to FBR September 11th 2019)
Wims - received September 24th (Added to FBR September 12th 2019)
Mozza75 – received September 25th / (Added to FBR September 16th 2019)
Tess53 – received September 26th / (Added to FBR 18th September 2019)
Kkjak - received September 27th / Pending
Sqimandy - received September 27th / (Added to FBR September 19th 2019)
LesMalouinettes- received September 27th / Pending (address confirmed)
Aion - received September 27th / Pending
MaryO – received September (unspecified date) / Pending

October 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
GennartMeehan – recived October 1st / Pending (address confirmed)
Shaunier – received October 4th / Pending
Theonlyh- received October 9th / Pending (address confirmed)
Ross12222999- received October 9th / Pending (address confirmed)
PMartin44 – received October 9th / Pending (address confirmed)
Marwin – received October 15th / (Added to FBR June 18th 2019) German Case
Macdo_Macdo - received October 16th / (Added to FBR September 19th 2019)
Bellcurvechaos – received October 22nd / Pending
KHC7968CZ – received October 22nd / Pending (address confirmed)
Miles892 - received October 22nd / Pending

November 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.

Luke125Swalker- received November 9th / (Added to FBR May 25th 2019 (South African Case)
Cooter - received November 14th / Pending (address confirmed)
Eowyn- received November 20th / Pending
MasterCaution – received November 28th / Pending. German case

December 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Jimdal86 – received December 7th / Pending
Quondam – received December 18th / Added to FBR July 4th 2019) New Zealand Case

January 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.

Bridgette – received January 9th / pending
BillyHicks – received January 14th / Pending (address confirmed)
Emyln – received January 15th / Pending
SamJakeChloe – received January 21st / (Added to FBR End April 2019) Malaysian Case
DanaMarie – received January 29th / Pending
Mikekally – received January 30th / Pending

February 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.

Lee – received February 6th / Pending
Jaxx -received February 11th / (Added to the FBR July 22nd 2019) Finnish Case
MikeyLondon – received February 12th / Pending
Accountname - received February 26th / Pending

March 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.

Tom_bcfc -received March 12th / Pending
Mori68 - received March 12th / Pending
Cheeseontoast - received March 12th / Pending
Mayorob - received March 20th / Pending
Rob9 – received March 21st / Pending
Kernzy - received March 26th / Pending
Chrisinpm- received March 28th / Pending

April 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
KAR110 - received April 9th / Pending
Faull_Guy – received April 16th / Pending
Fvigaud – received April 26th 2019 / Pending

June 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.

Dth- received Mid/Late June (unspecified) / Certificate printed and ready for collection August 12th 2019 – Hong Kong Case expedited due to pregnancy
Powerbook1 – received June 26th / (Added to FBR July 25th 2019) Hong Kong Case
JgClancy – received June 27th / Pending
DouggieB – received June 27th / Pending

July 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.

BigDaddy100 - received July 1st / Pending
CATG – received July 8th / Pending
Flyingmum – received July 19th / Pending

August 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.

Luna2019 – received August 6th / Pending
Obrienlj – received August 9th / Pending
ReturningIrish – received August 14th / Pending

September 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.

PD9 – received September 24th / pending

joe1978
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by joe1978 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:15 pm

Been reading these forums for ages but after waiting almost a year my address confirmation email arrived today. YES!!

I have moved house in the interim but still have the Royal Mail redirect in place so I get all my old address mail anyway until 24th October. If I advise of change of address will I delay things further? Should I just let it go to my previous address and keep shtum?
Ta
Joe

Cooter
Newly Registered

Post by Cooter » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:17 pm

Anyone have info on what is acceptable for photo for passport

Official website says it must include upper torso and shoulders

official template in Tesco (uk) says just face required

Are they strict with photos ?

Photo booths in uk just covers face only

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:44 pm

Just hoping fewer applications during winter holiday months which might help just a smidgeon to get to June apps faster ;)
jgclancy

Emma Williams
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Emma Williams » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:23 pm

Sulla wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:53 am
Emma Williams wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:34 pm
Hi - Found this thread last week and it has brought me to the realisation that it's unlikely I will have my Irish passport in my hand by end of June 2020 before I'm due to go on holiday and that I will have to renew my British one!

Both me and my cousin have applied to be placed onto the FBR. He applied in April of this year, and because I have no patience to wait for the certificates to come back, I bought copies and sent off my own application. Does anyone know if this could cause issues in Dublin (i.e two applications, two sets of certificates for the same grandparent)?.

Heres hoping the new DFA staff will be able to clear the backlog that seems to have built up!

Thanks!
Hi emma,

Can you please confirm the exact dates that your applications were received in Dublin? I mean the date the recorded delivery package arrived. Thanks.
Hi Sulla,

It was received in Dublin on 26th July 2019. Received confirmation from then before from the Royal Mail.

Thanks!