ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application- T 1 Ent 5 year or 10 year route help please!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aashima
Newly Registered

ILR Application- T 1 Ent 5 year or 10 year route help please!!!

Post by aashima » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:18 am

Zimba wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:07 pm
You can apply under both routes as you seem to be eligible. Under long residence your dependants chance for ILR will be affected if you have any. Under the 5 year route, you need to show employment and genuineness just like the extension. It is really up to you
Hi Zimba

Thank you for the response. My husband’s situation is almost the same. We have gone through quite a few posts on the forum but couldn’t get a clearer answer for this. Please can you advise about the documents needed if applying for ILR LR as a Tier 1 entrepreneur. I note that you have answered before for ILR (LR) you need the passport, BRP, Life in UK, Degree or Transcript for English Language.

To prove that he has complied with the terms of his entrepreneur visa does he need to provide his business docs such as an accountants letter to show the business status, a bank letter to show that his business account is still open. Also, does he need to submit any accounts or employee payroll information.

Also, my husband had initially applied as part of an entrepreneurial team but his business partner has already applied through the Tier 1 entrepreneur 5 year route in June. Has he got to provide a consent letter of any sort from his business partner.

Does he need to provide a cover letter explaining his situation?

Also on the ILR (LR) app form, there is a question in relation to self-employment that asks about annual earnings. My husband’s visa business is in loss so the annual earnings are not much from this business but he runs another company where the business is in profit. The application asks you to list all company details. Will the low earnings on his visa related company as compared to higher earnings on his other company for affect his application in any way.

I will be grateful for any and all responses in the matter.

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application- T 1 Ent 5 year or 10 year route help please!!!

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:31 am

Please do not tag your questions onto other members threads. It is unfair to other posters and creates confusion when members respond!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aashima
Newly Registered

Post by aashima » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:31 am
Please do not tag your questions onto other members threads. It is unfair to other posters and creates confusion when members respond!!
Apologies CR001 for this. Do you want me to start a separate post for this. Please let me know as I urgently needed the answers. I will be grateful for your and all senior members’ guidance on the matter.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:46 am

I have split your post to its own topic before my response!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aashima
Newly Registered

Post by aashima » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:51 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:46 am
I have split your post to its own topic before my response!
Thanks CR001.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:53 am

Under long residence you do not need to provide any evidence from your Tier 1E period unless asked specifically later by the case worker
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

aashima
Newly Registered

Post by aashima » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:43 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:53 am
Under long residence you do not need to provide any evidence from your Tier 1E period unless asked specifically later by the case worker
Thanks for your response Zimba. He is planning to apply via the super priority service. So would you recommend prepping and carrying a file of the all the docs just in case the case worker asks for this information later upon assessment.

Also, please can you let me know what you think about the following:

‘Also on the ILR (LR) app form, there is a question in relation to self-employment that asks about annual earnings. My husband’s visa business is in loss so the annual earnings are not much from this business but he runs another company where the business is in profit. The application asks you to list all company details. Will the low earnings on his visa related company as compared to higher earnings on his other company for affect his application in any way’.

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi,
I am sailing in the same boat. Looking for extactly same answers. By what date your application is due?

aashima
Newly Registered

Post by aashima » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:50 pm

sameerb wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 pm
Hi,
I am sailing in the same boat. Looking for extactly same answers. By what date your application is due?
Hi

My husband is already eligible to apply Vi the 10 year route. So literally trying to get the answers before he makes his application as hai visa runs out in the first week of September 2019.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:29 pm

There is no need for any of that information. If they need extra docs they will contact you directly afterwards. ILR under long residence has no income requirement so do not worry about low income
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

aashima
Newly Registered

Post by aashima » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:07 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:29 pm
There is no need for any of that information. If they need extra docs they will contact you directly afterwards. ILR under long residence has no income requirement so do not worry about low income
Thanks a lot for your guidance Zimba. I appreciate you taking the time out to answer my questions. The other thing I was confused about was whether he needs to submit a cover letter along with his ILR app explaining his situation wherein his business partner has already applied through the Tier 1 Ent 5 year route and if he purchases the document scanning service for his appointment will he be required to upload any or all documents prior to his appointment at the centre or that will not be needed as the Sopra Steria guys will do all of it for him.

Thank you once again.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:10 pm

There is no need for a cover letter or explain what happened with TIer 1E partner. That is not relevant at all even under Tier 1E route as his application is separate to his business partner :!:
Zimba wrote:

aashima
Newly Registered

Post by aashima » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:31 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:10 pm
here is no need for a cover letter or explain what happened with TIer 1E partner. That is not relevant at all even under Tier 1E route as his application is separate to his business partner :!:
Zimba wrote:
Thanks Zimba. How about the document scanning service. Does he need to scan anything after submitting his application online or just take all documents, declaration and consent forms at the centre to be scanned by the Sopra Steria workers.

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:57 pm

hi,
Ideally I think you should write the salary amount your husband is taking out of business. Is there a PDF version of this form available? Thx

aashima
Newly Registered

Post by aashima » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:37 pm

sameerb wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:57 pm
hi,
Ideally I think you should write the salary amount your husband is taking out of business. Is there a PDF version of this form available? Thx
Thanks Sameerb

I think you can save the form and download a copy when you have partially completed the form.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:45 pm

Submit first and then you get to create a UKVCAS account to upload all the required docs

aashima
Newly Registered

Post by aashima » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:25 pm

Hi all

I just had a further question about my husbands application. In the employment status section on the (ILR) LR application, it asks whether you are employed or self-employed. My husband being a Tier 1 entrepreneur runs his own limited company which is linked to his visa and is running in loss at the moment. He also runs another company which is in profit. The form asks about the applicants annual earnings under each company. So his annual earnings on visa related company is zero; however, through his other company he has annual earning of around £20,000. My question is whether this will create any doubts about why his visa company is making a loss and why he has another company that makes a profit and whether he needs to fill the same annual earnings under each company as you only submit one self assessment for all companies you run to HMRC.

All responses will be appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your guidance and help in this.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:50 am

Answer the questions on the form
Zimba wrote:

aashima
Newly Registered

Post by aashima » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:13 am

Zimba wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:50 am
Answer the questions on the form
Zimba wrote:
Thanks again Zimba. I will complete the application soon.

aashima
Newly Registered

Post by aashima » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi all,

I have a query about an application made by my husband and all responses will be appreciated.

We submitted my husband's immigration application for ILR via the long residency route which was made on a super priority basis at the end of last month. We then received an email from the caseworker saying that that he is unable to to resolve the application and give a decision within the 3 days time frame and so it will take them up until 30th of September 2019 to make a decision on the application or they will let us know by this date if they are going to take any longer to give a decision on the application. Today is the 30th of September and they have not responded.

I am not sure how best we can go ahead and pursue this. Should we contact the caseworker directly by email or should we call the the Home Office asking if there is a decision made on the application already. As they have given the deadline of 30th of September 2019 just wanted to confirm whether it is reasonable to start chasing them from tomorrow onwards or should I give them any more time to inform you about the decision.

Also we have had a change of address after we made the application but we had not informed the Home Office about this. So I was wondering whether I can get a change of address done online or can I just do it over the phone with them or do I need to send a letter to confirm that they need to redirect any post that they have sent or will be sending to us in the future.

Any and all responses will be appreciated. So please provide some guidance in relation to this.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:59 pm

Also we have had a change of address after we made the application but we had not informed the Home Office about this. So I was wondering whether I can get a change of address done online or can I just do it over the phone with them or do I need to send a letter to confirm that they need to redirect any post that they have sent or will be sending to us in the future.
Why on earth did you not inform HO?? They often write to you by post and not by email. There is a specific form you have to complete online. Note also that if the application has been approved and a letter sent, the BRP will also only be delivered to the address stated on the form. If non one is there, the BRP gets sent back to HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aashima
Newly Registered

Post by aashima » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:59 pm
Why on earth did you not inform HO?? They often write to you by post and not by email. There is a specific form you have to complete online. Note also that if the application has been approved and a letter sent, the BRP will also only be delivered to the address stated on the form. If non one is there, the BRP gets sent back to HO.
Thank you so much for the response CR001. We should have done it before but made a mistake. We have now completed the address change request online. Please can you also respond about what you think will be the best way to contact them going forward as they haven't responded within the tentative timeframe. Thanks.

aashima
Newly Registered

Post by aashima » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:38 pm

Hi all

I would like to thank everyone for all the help and support especially all the senior members in our application for ILR. My husband has got his ILR. I just want to check if he can resign from the company as director as the company has been in loss and is not giving him any profits and he doesn't intend to invest anymore money in the company.

The ILR was secured on a 10-year route and his business partner is still waiting for his ILR on a 5-year route.

Does this affect my husband's naturalization or citizenship application in anyway?

Also does it adversely affect his business partner who still waiting for his ILR through the 5-year route?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:09 pm

aashima wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:38 pm
He can resign. No impact on his naturalisation or business partners visa.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:12 pm

aashima wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:38 pm
Hi all

I would like to thank everyone for all the help and support especially all the senior members in our application for ILR. My husband has got his ILR. I just want to check if he can resign from the company as director as the company has been in loss and is not giving him any profits and he doesn't intend to invest anymore money in the company.

The ILR was secured on a 10-year route and his business partner is still waiting for his ILR on a 5-year route.

Does this affect my husband's naturalization or citizenship application in anyway?

Also does it adversely affect his business partner who still waiting for his ILR through the 5-year route?
Hi dear. Congratulation on getting the visa. I know the stress around it as we are on the same situation. Could you please kindly let me know if they asked you to provide any further documents related to your husband’s business or not? Did you provide any while submitting your application?
As I am going to apply through LR and my current visa is T1 ENT as well. Thanks