ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens if Cas Expires during visa process?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rawal
Newly Registered
Pakistan

What happens if Cas Expires during visa process?

Post by rawal » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:46 pm

Hello Board,

I have applied for priority service on 18th of Sep, But so far no reply from UKVI, My CAS will expire on 7th October i don;t think i will be able to make it. Just would like to know that what will happen if my CAS expires during the Visa process? Do i need to submit i new CAS? I have already paid my full fee for the course. I do not think they offer a priority service in Pakistan still they charged me double and on my application form it says priority service. If someone has an email address for tier 4 visa centre it will be much appreciated, please advice thanks.

segebaba
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: What happens if Cas Expires during visa process?

Post by segebaba » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:30 am

How do you mean your CAS will expire soon? A CAS is valid for 6 months from the date it is assigned.
If you CAS will expire soon., you should contact the CAS team.

rawal
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by rawal » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:28 am

segebaba wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:30 am
How do you mean your CAS will expire soon? A CAS is valid for 6 months from the date it is assigned.
If you CAS will expire soon., you should contact the CAS team.
I did not know that it is valid for 6 months, The course last date to join in the Univ is 7th October first start date is 23rd september which has passed already, so i assumed that my decision has to be before 7th October. Please advise in case my course last join date passes?

segebaba
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by segebaba » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:59 am

Well, that doesn't mean your CAS is expiring, it means your arrival date to the university is running out. I am in a similar situation too, just contact your university and they will give you good advice on what to do next.

In my own case, I contacted my University yesterday, all students are to arrive before Oct 4, but they said I should let them know before Friday, and they can extend my arrival date for me depending on my visa processing.
I also did my interview yesterday and I told the home office staff my university will extend my arrival date for me.