ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mr Javed

Benefit

Post by Mr Javed » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi Immigration Team,

I have ILR & my child is british national can I have child benefit?

my wife still on Tier 2 PBS dependent & need more extensions as well before qualify for ILR if I apply for Child benefit what will effect to her visa status I mean is she taking that benefit as well?

Do we have to declare in her visa application that her spouse taking child benefit if they ask question like anybody taking benefit in your application for example she is my dependent on me & I am taking child benefit.

Is that going to be treated as negative or fraud?

I have tried to get that information but failed to get clear answer if somebody help me out please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Benefit

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:56 pm

I have ILR & my child is british national can I have child benefit?
Yes if claiming in your name.
my wife still on Tier 2 PBS dependent & need more extensions as well before qualify for ILR if I apply for Child benefit what will effect to her visa status I mean is she taking that benefit as well?
No effect if you claim in YOUR name and not your wife's name.
Do we have to declare in her visa application that her spouse taking child benefit if they ask question like anybody taking benefit in your application for example she is my dependent on me & I am taking child benefit.
No.
Is that going to be treated as negative or fraud?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mr Javed

Post by Mr Javed » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:06 pm

Cr001,

thanks for your quick reply

what is Bi?

Bi,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:09 pm

Mr Javed wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:06 pm
Cr001,

what is Bi?

Bi,
Correct. It is NO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mr Javed

Post by Mr Javed » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:09 pm
Mr Javed wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:06 pm
Cr001,

what is Bi?

Bi,
Correct. It is NO.

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

Just last one question when we will apply my wife extension & they asked about taking benefit so we just say NO right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:15 pm

Correct. Even if you say yes that you as the ILR holding is claiming will have NO effect on her visa status.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mr Javed

Post by Mr Javed » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:15 pm
Correct. Even if you say yes that you as the ILR holding is claiming will have NO effect on her visa status.
Okay great & thank you so much this forum & gurus always helpful

Have a great evening