ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working during administrative review

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

claumartinezval
Newly Registered
Chile

Working during administrative review

Post by claumartinezval » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:19 pm

Hello. I have a tier 4 dependant visa through my husband's doctoral extension scheme. I am currently in employment in the UK. I recently renewed my visa, but there is a clause saying that I cannot work nor engage in business in the UK. I have reason to believe that there was a mistake in the process and I am planning to ask for an administrative review. MY QUESTION IS: CAN I STILL WORK WHILE THE REVIEW TAKES PLACE? SHOULD I NOTIFY MY EMPLOYER?

HELP PLEASE!!!!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Working during administrative review

Post by sah10406 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:48 pm

claumartinezval wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:19 pm
CAN I STILL WORK WHILE THE REVIEW TAKES PLACE? SHOULD I NOTIFY MY EMPLOYER?
No, you cannot work until the outcome of the AR. I am surprised your employer has not asked for details of your new visa.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

claumartinezval
Newly Registered
Chile

Post by claumartinezval » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:26 am

Thank you for your help. I have also been advised that the Visa is valid from the point you receive it (aka when the visa is physically in your power). Thus far I've only received the email notifying me of the outcome and saying that the visa will come in the mail. Am I in breach if I continue working until I receive the Visa?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:39 am

I was assuming you had a new BRP, and that it had an incorrect work prohibition, hence the AR and hence also my advise that you could currently not work.

Clearly I have misconstrued your situation but to be fair you did not explain it very well.

I would recommend advice from the HR person at your employer, or from the international student adviser at your spouse's university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.