ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa decision overturned !!! New date to arrive in the UK has changed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Amx
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Visa decision overturned !!! New date to arrive in the UK has changed

Post by Amx » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:14 pm

Hello All,

My parents have applied visit visa on 12th of July and both of their applications were rejected with really unfair conclusions by the ECO. However we went through the pre-action protocol for JR path and finally Home Office has decided to overturned their original decision to refuse visa two weeks ago. They asked my parents submit their passports for further checks. We assume this will allow my parents to visit UK soon.

However, in the original visa application made on the 10th of July 2019, My parents were planning to visit UK for 37 days during my summer vacation period (2nd of August - 7th of September). However they could not visit UK during this time period due to the visa refusal decision made on 22nd of July.  Therefore my parents are now planning visit UK on 30th November to 6th of January 2020 (37 days) for the Christmas vacation period. I believe this is a fair and understandable point and we are not exceeding anything that we have mentioned in our original visa application form.  

I would be grateful if you guys could let me know this new date to arrive in the UK occurred due to this incident will not cause any issues to my parents at the immigration(UKBA) counter at the airport.   

Many thanks,
AmX

Jaune08
Mexico

Re: Visa decision overturned !!! New date to arrive in the UK has changed

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:22 am

Amx wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:14 pm
I would be grateful if you guys could let me know this new date to arrive in the UK occurred due to this incident will not cause any issues to my parents at the immigration(UKBA) counter at the airport.   
Unlikely. At the UK Border control, the officers will check your parents have a valid visa to enter to the country, not so much if the dates correspond with what you originally stated. However, to be on the safe side, I suggest your parents carry all the original documentation the submitted for the visa and the “appealed decision” letter, to avoid any inconveniences at the airport.

Finally, for future visa applications for you parents, you should mention that they didn’t travel on the original date they intended to as the visa was refused and later the decision was overturned. Just to clarify, because Home Office really pays attention to these dates when it comes to renew a visitor visa.