ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Visa 'refusal' on UK Visa form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kakakaka01
Newly Registered

Tier 2 to ILR - Funds in bank account

Post by kakakaka01 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:46 pm

Hi

Possibly a really stupid question.

I'm applying for a Tier 2 -> ILR under the 5 year rule.

Been employed consistently with the same employer from 2014 to now.

I have a large sum of money in my bank account (£200k+). Half of this is my own savings and half of it is a gifted deposit as I've been in the process of buying a property.

Do I need to provide proof of funds or anything? Everything is legit financially but would they question the large sum - as I need to share my bank statement to show salary being paid in.

Thx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 to ILR - Funds in bank account

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:32 pm

Do I need to provide proof of funds or anything?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kakakaka01
Newly Registered

Life in UK test - pedantic address requirement?

Post by kakakaka01 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:40 pm

Hi

My proof of address (bank statement) does not have my full middle name, instead it just has an 'initial' for the middle name ie. XXXX X XXXXXX - this is because the banks systems don't allow it. I even got a bank official to write down my middle name with a pen at the bottom of the page and sign and stamp it as proof.

I can print out a council tax annual statement which has my full middle name as a backup - but apparently that's not allowed? How do they differentiate between a home printout and something received in the post if they appear identical?

After having read stories of dread I'm half expecting to not get to sit the test tomorrow. Should I be worried? I think something needs to be done about these unscrupulous systems.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Life in UK test - pedantic address requirement?

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:52 pm

My bank statement doesn't have my full name but:

Letter. Letter. Surname

It always worked including for citizenship. It was never questioned by the HO or anything.

kakakaka01
Newly Registered

Post by kakakaka01 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:55 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:52 pm

Letter. Letter. Surname

It always worked including for citizenship. It was never questioned by the HO or anything.
Even for the LITUK test? I've heard they are full on crazy about proof of address for the LITUK which makes no sense because they aren't as pedantic when it comes to the actual supporting documentation.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:22 pm

kakakaka01 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:55 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:

Letter. Letter. Surname

Even for the LITUK test? I've heard they are full on crazy about proof of address for the LITUK which makes no sense because they aren't as pedantic when it comes to the actual supporting documentation.
For life in the UK, I took a couple of bills. Don't remember which ones but I can tell you for sure that not a single bill has my full name as I hide it to avoid identity theft.

kakakaka01
Newly Registered

Post by kakakaka01 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:48 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:22 pm
kakakaka01 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:55 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:

Letter. Letter. Surname

For life in the UK, I took a couple of bills. Don't remember which ones but I can tell you for sure that not a single bill has my full name as I hide it to avoid identity theft.
Thanks

kakakaka01
Newly Registered

US Visa 'refusal' on UK Visa form

Post by kakakaka01 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:19 am

Hi

There is a section in the ILR application form which mentions any immigration issues or refusals with other states.

I applied for a US visitor B1/B2 visa last year. I was initially given a 221g 'Refusal pending administrative review' and asked to email the US consulate in London my CV. Funny though because CV's aren't even part of the required document list for this type of visa!

The visa was granted 6 weeks later for the same application after the administrative review was completed.

Does this count as a refusal on the UK application form and need to be declared?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: US Visa 'refusal' on UK Visa form

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:27 am

1. Kindly keep ALL your queries on the same application in ONE topic in the ILR sub forum and not post in the General Immigration sub forum.

2. No it does not as you clearly were granted a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: US Visa 'refusal' on UK Visa form

Post by aman90 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:41 am

kakakaka01 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:19 am
Does this count as a refusal on the UK application form and need to be declared?
No. If a refused application is subsequently approved.. it cannot be considered a refusal.