ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delayed answer Eea family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ahlem
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Delayed answer Eea family permit

Post by Ahlem » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:00 pm

Hello,
I applied for Eea family permit since 27 of july , my biometric was in 31 july ..
13 August i received an email from Dmc to ask le to send them a scan for my original marriage certeficate ..after i did sent them the certeficate they answered me by an automatic email.. In the begining of september my husband decided to call them .. They told him that the decision has been made since 14 august .. And they don't know nothing more .. Two weeks ago I went to Tls contact here in my country they told me they didn't receive my passport yet .. I kept contacting them by email allways they answer me by an automatic email.. I still don't if is it normal the decison has been made since one month and no email about it??

iwolga

Re: Delayed answer Eea family permit

Post by iwolga » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:34 pm

Ahlem wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:00 pm
Hello,
I applied for Eea family permit since 27 of july , my biometric was in 31 july ..
13 August i received an email from Dmc to ask le to send them a scan for my original marriage certeficate ..after i did sent them the certeficate they answered me by an automatic email.. In the begining of september my husband decided to call them .. They told him that the decision has been made since 14 august .. And they don't know nothing more .. Two weeks ago I went to Tls contact here in my country they told me they didn't receive my passport yet .. I kept contacting them by email allways they answer me by an automatic email.. I still don't if is it normal the decison has been made since one month and no email about it??
No, this is not normal. Usually it takes from 2 to 5 days to get your passport back. Do you see what's your online tracker on GOV.uk\tls saying?

Ahlem
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Ahlem » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:38 pm

Yes , i'm tracking every day .. It says that my application has been recrived by DMC .. Thats it

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:48 pm

hmmm... when I was waiting for my FP, this actually meant that the decision is not taken. When it was - and it happend for me on exactly 14th working day - status changed to next one. I received my passport 1 or 2 days later.

Who replied to your husband over the phone i.e. where exactly was he calling? To the best of my knowledge they are very reluctant to give any info over the phone. A lot of times this is just a waiting game.

Ahlem
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Ahlem » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:00 pm

My husband called twice .. The first one hr was an english guy he told him that the decision has been made already .. And then he called again after two days and it was a latina woman she told him the same answer that the decision has been made ..

Mh19898
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by Mh19898 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:51 pm

Did you get an answer im facing same issue from 11 septembre decision was made till now i didnt get my passport its been 20 days!!!

If i cancel my application will i get my passport!!!!

Ahlem
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Ahlem » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:15 pm

Me close two months now since they made the decision and until now i didn't receive anything

Mh19898
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by Mh19898 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:11 am

Me same case its been month and a half, they escalate my file on 20 septembre, after that i called to cancel my application and return my passport they said we escalate your file wait 15 working days to get passport back, have you called them to escalate your file?

Ahlem
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Ahlem » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:05 am

Yes two times

Mh19898
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by Mh19898 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:18 am

When you escalate your file what they tell you after 15 working days?

Ahlem
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Ahlem » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:24 am

In the begining of septemeber my husband called them to escalate then they said that they escalated after more than two weeks we called them again they escalated again and they sent me an email to tell me that they are escalationg my application .. Now i'm waiting

whitecat74
Newly Registered
France

Post by whitecat74 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:24 am

Same here. Applied Aug 28. Biometrics Sept 2. Emailed them on Oct 1st to ask, for the response that a decision has been made (don’t k ow when it was made) but that we won’t hear back until the visa centre receives it.
Asked the visa centre who said they didn’t receive anything.

There seems to be a backlog in sending off processed decisions back to the application centres. That doesn’t really make any sense except if it’s literally one person stamping and they are off sick or something! Surely that’s the easy part?

Ahlem
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Ahlem » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:13 pm

That's causing to me a lot of stress and waste of time .. Especially that brexit will be in the end of this month

whitecat74
Newly Registered
France

Post by whitecat74 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:01 pm

I called the visa inquiry line today. They said the decision was made around Sept 16th and they don’t know why it’s taken so long to be reported back to TLSContact in Paris (where I applied). They are escalating and told me to expect an email in the next few days. I contacted TLSContact several times and keep getting nowhere, they send back emails not addressing the questions I am asking. At least the visa inquiry lady was very nice on the phone.

Ahlem
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Ahlem » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:22 pm

The first time my husband called in the end of August they told him the decision has been made in the 14 of August so don't worry they will send back the passport so soon ! Now month and half no answer :|

whitecat74
Newly Registered
France

Post by whitecat74 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi again.. I wanted to give you an update. I escalated twice. Then finally I lodged a complaint with the Home Office directly through their website. The standards of service are supposed to be max 4 weeks according to EU law. About a week after I did that, which the HO acknowledged, I received an email that the passport was ready. Just finally got it today. The EEA family permit was granted on Sept 17th 2019, which is what is written in the passport, it’s a shame to lose 6 weeks in the process. But if you have not had an answer yet, think of lodging a complaint with the Home Office directly. Good luck!

Ahlem
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Ahlem » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:06 am

How you did it exactly please !

LauraN29
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by LauraN29 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:09 am

I've been waiting 8 weeks now and am getting so frustrated. We did biometrics in Spain on 10 October, escalated on 12 November and am still waiting. We should hear an update on 3 December (3 weeks after escalating) but all the calls to UKVI don't give me much hope. They're useless, especially considering how much it costs to call them!

Ahlem
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Ahlem » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:32 pm

Hey i got it since 8 of novemvber after i did a complaint one week they abswered me and give me thr visa and they apologised because me i applied since july and they answered me in november so it was their mistake the normal in visa process is 1 month maximum

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:04 am

I've been also waiting for a very long time already. The thing though is I was able to get my passport from TLSContact without cancelling my application. Does that mean that my application will be refused? TLSContact told me to just return my passport after I finished using it in renewing my residence card. I'm so confused why they have it?

Aleksandrija

Post by Aleksandrija » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:52 pm

Hi there
Could you please let me know when did you submit the complain?
Did you wait for the 15 working days after the escalation?

LauraN29
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by LauraN29 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:11 am

Hi all
Thanks for your responses! Ahlem, I can't believe you waited so long!

Those that lodged a complaint - was it with the email UKBACustomerComplaints[at]homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk? I emailed them last week, but they say it takes 20 days to reply.

By 3rd of December, almost 9 weeks after applying, and 3 weeks after escalating with the UKVI, we are supposed to get an update. Hopefully it's a positive response after all this waiting!

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:14 am

LauraN29 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:11 am
Hi all
Thanks for your responses! Ahlem, I can't believe you waited so long!

Those that lodged a complaint - was it with the email UKBACustomerComplaints[at]homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk? I emailed them last week, but they say it takes 20 days to reply.

By 3rd of December, almost 9 weeks after applying, and 3 weeks after escalating with the UKVI, we are supposed to get an update. Hopefully it's a positive response after all this waiting!
Did you apply in Tlscontact Madrid too? I am going to return my passport now to their office, I am now worried that the long wait will just be to get a refusal

LauraN29
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by LauraN29 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:24 am

Yes also Madrid. I know, that's what I'm so worried about too. This is the second application we've come too, as the first one was rejected.

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:31 am

LauraN29 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:24 am
Yes also Madrid. I know, that's what I'm so worried about too. This is the second application we've come too, as the first one was rejected.

During your first application, how long did it take for them to inform you about the refusal?