ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(O) for Dependents - Kids Only

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Scorpio76
Newly Registered

ILR SET(O) for Dependents - Kids Only

Post by Scorpio76 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:15 pm

Dear Sirs,

I would appreciate you advice on my case.

My husband (Main Sponsor) holds ILR (more than 1 year) and I hold ILR (2 months ago).
Now, we want to apply for ILR for our Kids as well (10-years old & 6-years old).
My Kids hold Tier-2 Dependent Visa that will expire on 4-Nov-19. They are both born outside UK (Canada).

1. I was planning to complete 1 SET(O) application for both of my kids. However, after I completed the form for my first kid, I can't add another applicant for my second kid. Can I have 2 kid-applicants in 1 Application? (If yes, how? Now, I am at the stage of paying the fees for 1 applicant) Or Shall I have 2 Separate Application Forms?

2. Do both of my kids need to sign "PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information" as applicants? Or this is not applicable to them?

3. Does my husband need to sign "PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information" and/or "PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor"? If yes, why? Do we need to provide any bank statements/utility bills, etc. for this consent?

4. In the declaration section, shall I confirm as the main applicant for my kid? Or as a representative?

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR SET(O) for Dependents - Kids Only

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:29 am

Scorpio76 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:15 pm
Dear Sirs,

I would appreciate you advice on my case.

My husband (Main Sponsor) holds ILR (more than 1 year) and I hold ILR (2 months ago).
Now, we want to apply for ILR for our Kids as well (10-years old & 6-years old).
My Kids hold Tier-2 Dependent Visa that will expire on 4-Nov-19. They are both born outside UK (Canada).

1. I was planning to complete 1 SET(O) application for both of my kids. However, after I completed the form for my first kid, I can't add another applicant for my second kid. Can I have 2 kid-applicants in 1 Application? (If yes, how? Now, I am at the stage of paying the fees for 1 applicant) Or Shall I have 2 Separate Application Forms?

2. Do both of my kids need to sign "PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information" as applicants? Or this is not applicable to them?

3. Does my husband need to sign "PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information" and/or "PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor"? If yes, why? Do we need to provide any bank statements/utility bills, etc. for this consent?

4. In the declaration section, shall I confirm as the main applicant for my kid? Or as a representative?

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,
How do you expect a 6 years old child to sign? Children do not sign.
The form must have asked about parental responsibility and who the child lives with.
The declaration is signed by the parent/guardian of the child and same appears in the checklist also i.e. a declaration is required by the parent/guardian.

Parent signs Part 1
Parent also signs Part 2 if child is relying on any documents on parents name.
I dont remember the wordings of part 3 but sign accordingly if necessary.
No need to prove that with any bills etc.

If the SET(O) form does not give an option at the bottom to add a “sibling” then you have to fill a separate SET(O) for the other child.

Children cant sign a declaration. You will have to continue as a representative of the child and if I am correct the form will then ask your details.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Scorpio76
Newly Registered

Post by Scorpio76 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi CULLINAN,

Thanks for your feedback.

I just got some confusing feedback from the HO over the phone. Some told me to complete the application as the main applicant for my child but one told me that for the declaration I can’t declare as the main applicant.

I just need to clarify this point.
1. When I complete the application, I complete it as the main applicant or his representative?
2. For the declaration, I will declare as a representative. Right?

Kindly advise.

Kind Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:33 pm

Your child is the applicant as far as the form is concerned.
Dont confuse the main applicant i.e. the tier 2 main applicant with the main applicant on the form i.e. the child. Its the child’s application form.

To be honest, its pretty simple.

Initially the form asks who the applicant (child) will be joining that will be the MAIN TIER 2 APPLICANT. Note your child is the Tier 2 DEPENDENT applicant.

Then it asks details about the child.

Once the form detects the DOB of the child it asks about the parental responsibility and who the child is living with questions etc.

You need to input the details accordingly and the checklist then asks for the parent declaration NOT the child.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Scorpio76
Newly Registered

Post by Scorpio76 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi,

Again thanks for the clarification.

One final point, please.

In the declaration page, which option shall I use to confirm that the information provided is correct? 1. The applicant? 2. Representative?

Kind Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:25 pm

Scorpio76 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:05 pm
Hi,

Again thanks for the clarification.

One final point, please.

In the declaration page, which option shall I use to confirm that the information provided is correct? 1. The applicant? 2. Representative?

Kind Regards
Representative. It should ask your/parent’s details then. A 6 year old can not confirm anything.
The child is the applicant but you are filling the form and making a declaration on the child’s behalf.

Scorpio76
Newly Registered

Post by Scorpio76 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:31 pm

Many thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,