ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NatCam
Georgia

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by NatCam » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:55 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:25 pm
NatCam wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:07 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:30 am
Hi everyone 🙋🏽‍♀️

I finally sent my application on Monday as I am now finished with all my traveling for now. They received my application yesterday (saw it through royal mail track and trace), will I get an email, text or post that my application has been received by them or if they are starting the process? If yes, how long did it take to get a confirmation?

Can you guys tell me how long did the process takes for everyone who got their PSS or Surinder Singh route?

Thanks a lot xx
Hi,
It was 3 weeks for me, I didn't get any emails.
Hello.
Thank you for replying to me.
Did you just get the status after 3 weeks without getting any confirmation?
Yes, I did. I got a letter saying that I was granted pre-settled status. I never got any e-mail from them. Don't worry, you'll be fine. Those who are genuine do not get problems.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:19 pm

NatCam wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:55 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:25 pm
NatCam wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:07 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:30 am
Hi everyone 🙋🏽‍♀️

I finally sent my application on Monday as I am now finished with all my traveling for now. They received my application yesterday (saw it through royal mail track and trace), will I get an email, text or post that my application has been received by them or if they are starting the process? If yes, how long did it take to get a confirmation?

Can you guys tell me how long did the process takes for everyone who got their PSS or Surinder Singh route?

Thanks a lot xx
Hi,
It was 3 weeks for me, I didn't get any emails.
Hello.
Thank you for replying to me.
Did you just get the status after 3 weeks without getting any confirmation?
Yes, I did. I got a letter saying that I was granted pre-settled status. I never got any e-mail from them. Don't worry, you'll be fine. Those who are genuine do not get problems.
Ok I see.
Im not too worried to be honest, i just wanted to know if they receive my application. That’s all. Thank you for replying to me xx

jacko90
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by jacko90 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:31 pm

Hello.
I will call tomorrow for my civil partner to ask for the form.

I'm British
we live in Spain. he has the family community card here.
he never resided in UK before.
we lived here for 5 years together married for three.

is that enough to be successful? and how long is it taking for people outside uk to have a finished application.

will keep you all posted too.

thanks

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:14 pm

jacko90 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:31 pm
Hello.
I will call tomorrow for my civil partner to ask for the form.

I'm British
we live in Spain. he has the family community card here.
he never resided in UK before.
we lived here for 5 years together married for three.

is that enough to be successful? and how long is it taking for people outside uk to have a finished application.

will keep you all posted too.

thanks
No one can guarantee if an application will be successful or not but I guess 5 years is enough as long as you have all the papers they require such as evidence of BC exercising treaty rights (working, self employed, studying etc), proof of residence (utility bills, mortgage, rent, bank statements etc). They want to see that the BC and spouse moved his/her “centre of life” in the chosen EU country.

I dont know how long the process is though. When I moved here using family permit through Surinder Singh, it only took 3-4 weeks, I was talking 5 years ago though.

If you have any more questions, I can try my best to help and answer. ☺️ Xx

jacko90
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by jacko90 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:33 pm

update.

I could not do anything.
we have to be located in the UK before the send us the form :cry:

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:39 pm

Any further update on this thread or timeline.

It will seem like Home Office Surinder Singh Settlement Scheme section is working like a fine tuned machine, or maybe not.

More timeline will give an indication on performance in this area.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Airfan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Airfan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:39 pm

Hi all,

So I'm a non-EU family member (spouse) of a British citizen, we have lived together in Ireland from 2015 to 2017. I do not previously have an EEA Family permit, just the Article 10 Residence Card issued by Republic of Ireland. and I have now applied for Pre-Settled under the EU Surinder Singh route. My timeline is as follows:

Application form completed and returned: 19th August (Special Delivery)
Application form received by Home Office: 20th August
Biometrics letter received: 29th (Letter dated 27th August) including return of passports - other documents not yet returned.
Biometrics given: 29th August
Certificate of Application: 2nd September (Letter dated 31st August)
Pre-Settled Status: (Pending)

Have called every week for an update, but the call centre seem to have standard answers, with no real timeframe for a decision. Looks like they are being quite slow. How are everybody's applications' going ?

ahmed1972
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1972 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:19 pm

Airfan wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:39 pm
Hi all,

So I'm a non-EU family member (spouse) of a British citizen, we have lived together in Ireland from 2015 to 2017. I do not previously have an EEA Family permit, just the Article 10 Residence Card issued by Republic of Ireland. and I have now applied for Pre-Settled under the EU Surinder Singh route. My timeline is as follows:

Biometrics letter received: 29th (Letter dated 27th August) including return of passports - other documents not yet returned.

Have called every week for an update, but the call centre seem to have standard answers, with no real timeframe for a decision. Looks like they are being quite slow. How are everybody's applications' going ?
hello dear
any updates because i recently applied just curious how long the process is and how it works.thanks

Airfan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Airfan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:35 pm

ahmed1972 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:19 pm
Airfan wrote:
Hi all,

hello dear
any updates because i recently applied just curious how long the process is and how it works.thanks
Hi, no updates yet. I have called them and they are saying they are experiencing delays. How long ago did you apply?

ruthie

Post by ruthie » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Application for my parents posted and received by HO last Monday (Sep 30th). They are holding 5 years residence card and arrived in the UK on Sep 2014.

No updates so far.
Surinder Singh Settled 2019
Form received by HO: 30th Sep 2019
Passport returned: 11th Oct
Biometrics letter received: 23th Oct
Biometrics enrolled: 26th Oct
COA: 5th Nov
Approval letter received: 31st Jan 2020
BRC received: 1st Feb

nikolaas
Newly Registered

Post by nikolaas » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:54 am

ruthie wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:15 pm
Application for my parents posted and received by HO last Monday (Sep 30th). They are holding 5 years residence card and arrived in the UK on Sep 2014.

No updates so far.
Jeez... I have a feeling the 5 day service standard doesn't apply to SS applications :(

The HO received our SS application on the 7th and nothing yet, although I don't expect anything for at least a week. From what I've heard though, the application is only really looked at and assessed AFTER the HO receive biometrics, so you'd think they'd receive the application form and immediately send a biometric request letter.

Good luck!

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:13 am

Hello everyone. This is my update. 😊

Application sent - September 2, 2019
Received by HO - September 3, 2019
Biometric letter received- September 13 (letter dated September 11, 2019)
Biometrics given - September 21, 2019

Haven’t heard anything since 🤷🏽‍♀️

Surinder
France

Post by Surinder » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:41 am

A question guys, I applied last week and got my ID yesterday with certificate of application, but no biometric letter,
My question is do I need to do biometric as I have BRC which is valid till 2021 or because I have done my biometric 2 years ago so I don’t need to do it again

Nazar Mehmood
inactive
Pakistan

Post by Nazar Mehmood » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:34 pm

Does anyone now where can I get application form for surinder singh settle paper application.

Nazar Mehmood
inactive
Pakistan

Post by Nazar Mehmood » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:38 pm

ahmed1972 wrote:
Airfan wrote:
Hi all,

Bro can I get your email address or phone no I've to ask something from you thanks

hello dear

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:33 pm

You need to call them and make a request for it.

ahmed1972
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1972 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:51 pm

Airfan wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:35 pm
ahmed1972 wrote:
Airfan wrote:
Hi all,

hello dear
Hi, no updates yet. I have called them and they are saying they are experiencing delays. How long ago did you apply?
hello dear
not long on 04/10application
biometrics on 12/04.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:54 pm

Hello guys, just want to ask regarding certificate of application, I have given my biometrics in 29th of September and haven’t received any confirmation or COA.

With your experience? How long before you received COA?
Thank you xx

Nazar Mehmood
inactive
Pakistan

Post by Nazar Mehmood » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Nazar Mehmood wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:38 pm
ahmed1972 wrote:
Airfan wrote:
Hi all,

Bro can I get your email address or phone no I've to ask something from you thanks

hello dear
Ahmed bro did you apply from Ireland or from inside the UK.
Can I get your any contact no or email address please

ahmed1972
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1972 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:28 pm

Nazar Mehmood wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:09 pm
Nazar Mehmood wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:38 pm
ahmed1972 wrote:
Airfan wrote:
Hi all,

hello dear
bro i applied inside uk.leave your email i will contact you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:49 pm

ahmed1972 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:28 pm
Nazar Mehmood wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:09 pm
bro i applied inside uk.leave your email i will contact you
I strongly suggest you BOTH read the forum rules!! You are NOT permitted to post ANY form of personal contact information. Any such information will be removed and if you persist in posting in any form, you will be banned from the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Khansaid
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Khansaid » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:46 am

Airfan wrote:
Hi all,

Hi A irfan

Thanks for posting your inquiry. I planning to apply for my family through Surinder singh route as well from here in Ireland. I have been looking at these posts on Immigrationboard and what I have got is that:
There is no online application and I have to call UKHO and ask for an application which they would post it to the home address after checking the eligibility of the applicant.
I shall be grateful if you could share process please. And also whether these applications are for 6 monthe or for 5 years RC once approved?

Regards

Khansaid
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Khansaid » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:42 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:13 am
Hello everyone. This is my update. 😊

Application sent - September 2, 2019
Received by HO - September 3, 2019
Biometric letter received- September 13 (letter dated September 11, 2019)
Biometrics given - September 21, 2019

Haven’t heard anything since 🤷🏽‍♀️
Thanks for posting your inquiry. I planning to apply for my family through Surinder singh route as well from here in Ireland. I have been looking at these posts on Immigrationboard and what I have got is that:
There is no online application and I have to call UKHO and ask for an application which they would post it to the home address after checking the eligibility of the applicant.
I shall be grateful if you could share process please. And also whether these applications are for 6 monthe or for 5 years RC once approved?

Regards

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:58 am

Is there a phone number you can call for updates on your application? When you call the number on the HO website none of the options are right and it just says "wait at least a month". Well since they have all our ID cards and passports that's making life pretty difficult and we need them back ASAP...

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:56 am

Any update or timeline for surinder singh settled status.

Have they ceased issuing or what.

The government appears to be applying discriminatory practices to EU law which I believe to be unlawful.

Any recent grant and timeline will be helpful.