ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: SPOUCE VISA KEEP MY PASSPORT

Post by Fizzy513 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Mashimar wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:47 am
GOT VISA!

as it turned out my visa was already given me on August 6, but somehow nobody notify me! I am flying to the UK on September 5 - last day for me to arrive to UK, and next day going to post office to collect the card. I am so happy, but also so disappointed that nobody wrote me anything about visa. It was just in thenvisa centre for almost a month.

If the visa dates expire, you need to contact UKVI to get a new sticker (additional cost)
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. It's so disappointing how they failed to notify you. What was there excuse?
So all along UKVI could have just told you but they didn't and you kept wasting money calling them.
Did they mention how long it usually takes for visa to be on passport once you hand it in? As I'm waiting for call/text/email for my partner to also take her passport and dont want the same thing happening.

Once again, congratulations. I'm so happy for you!

Mashimar
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Mashimar » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:05 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:01 pm
Mashimar wrote:
GOT VISA!

as it turned out my visa was already given me on August 6, but somehow nobody notify me! I am flying to the UK on September 5 - last day for me to arrive to UK, and next day going to post office to collect the card. I am so happy, but also so disappointed that nobody wrote me anything about visa. It was just in thenvisa centre for almost a month.

If the visa dates expire, you need to contact UKVI to get a new sticker (additional cost)
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. It's so disappointing how they failed to notify you. What was there excuse?
So all along UKVI could have just told you but they didn't and you kept wasting money calling them.
Did they mention how long it usually takes for visa to be on passport once you hand it in? As I'm waiting for call/text/email for my partner to also take her passport and dont want the same thing happening.

Thanks so much!

As it turned out it was a mistake from the visa centre, not UKVI. UKVI notified visa centre that visa is ready. The girl in the centre told me that once visa sticker is inside passport - they issue an automatic email. HOWEVER, somehow it has not been sent. It was my agent’s email there, but I checked everywhere - it was a correct and agent was getting emails before. Maybe there was a glitch or something. Do not know.

When they take passport for a visa it shoud take up to 10 working days to insert it. Based on what I was told, it took them just two days to do it. Hope your partner visa will be positive as well!

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:10 pm

Mashimar wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:05 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Mashimar wrote:
GOT VISA!

Thanks so much!

As it turned out it was a mistake from the visa centre, not UKVI. UKVI notified visa centre that visa is ready. The girl in the centre told me that once visa sticker is inside passport - they issue an automatic email. HOWEVER, somehow it has not been sent. It was my agent’s email there, but I checked everywhere - it was a correct and agent was getting emails before. Maybe there was a glitch or something. Do not know.

When they take passport for a visa it shoud take up to 10 working days to insert it. Based on what I was told, it took them just two days to do it. Hope your partner visa will be positive as well!

Ok thanks for all the updates. I hope you have a safe journey, all the best!! :D

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Mashimar wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:05 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Mashimar wrote:
GOT VISA!

Thanks so much!

Hi just a quick question. How does home office know that you have paid extra for the keep my passport service. As in do they get notified by th application centre? Will it ever be overlooked or will they know straight away as they wouldn't have the actual passport? Is the visa stamped at the application centre or by home office in uk? Thanks

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:08 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:10 pm
Hi just a quick question. How does home office know that you have paid extra for the keep my passport service.
Home Office doesn’t know I think, as it’s a service provided independently by the visa centre. Just like any other premium services they offer. That’s why the visa centre is the one who calls you to hand over your passport and not Sheffield.

Fizzy513 wrote:
Is the visa stamped at the application centre or by home office in uk?
Once your visa is approved, HO Sheffield will notify to the visa centre or embassy to issue the vignette. The vignette is stamped on your passport either at the VFS visa centre or embassy (this depends on which one works as the UK visa centre in your country).

Mashimar
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Mashimar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:27 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:08 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Hi just a quick question. How does home office know that you have paid extra for the keep my passport service.
Home Office doesn’t know I think, as it’s a service provided independently by the visa centre. Just like any other premium services they offer. That’s why the visa centre is the one who calls you to hand over your passport and not Sheffield.

Fizzy513 wrote:
Once your visa is approved, HO Sheffield will notify to the visa centre or embassy to issue the vignette. The vignette is stamped on your passport either at the VFS visa centre or embassy (this depends on which one works as the UK visa centre in your country).
I think UKVI somehow knows about passport, since Visa Centre notifies them any updates. In my case they UKVI directly asked visa centre for my passport, so they knew it was kept with me. It is same if you asked for a fast track at the visa centre.

the Visa Centre prints and puts the sticker on the passport, but it will say in the sticker who issued it. In my sticker it says UKVI 01 since it was reviewed in the UK, student visas/tourists are usually issued my the local embassy in your country (for example, in mine it was Moscow embassy)

Mashimar
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Mashimar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:27 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:08 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:

Fizzy513 wrote:
I think UKVI somehow knows about passport, since Visa Centre notifies them any updates. In my case they UKVI directly asked visa centre for my passport, so they knew it was kept with me. It is same if you asked for a fast track at the visa centre.

the Visa Centre prints and puts the sticker on the passport, but it will say in the sticker who issued it. In my sticker it says UKVI 01 since it was reviewed in the UK, student visas/tourists are usually issued my the local embassy in your country (for example, in mine it was Moscow embassy)

Mashimar
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Mashimar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:31 pm

I successfully crossed the border last night and got my card today:)

There was a small issue at the border control, I think it was because I arrived on the last day and maybe because the system showed my refusals. I was put in a waiting area (you know next to queue with glass walls) for like 5 minutes, but everything was fine and they let me in!

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:12 pm

Mashimar wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:31 pm
There was a small issue at the border control, I think it was because I arrived on the last day and maybe because the system showed my refusals. I was put in a waiting area (you know next to queue with glass walls) for like 5 minutes, but everything was fine and they let me in!
That’s really useful, thanks for the input!!!! I was thinking of flying on the last day of the visa, but I think I will book my flight 5 days before or so.

Did they tell you why you had to wait or just the typical “stay aside please and wait till we come back”? I’m asking because I have a previous refusal too and it makes me wonder if I’ll be stopped as well...

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:34 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:12 pm
Mashimar wrote:
That’s really useful, thanks for the input!!!! I was thinking of flying on the last day of the visa, but I think I will book my flight 5 days before or so.

Did they tell you why you had to wait or just the typical “stay aside please and wait till we come back”? I’m asking because I have a previous refusal too and it makes me wonder if I’ll be stopped as well...
Congratulations on arriving safely.

Hi thanks for updates. So I applied in Pakistan. Kept passport. Passport won't need to come to uk and it shouldn't take more than ten working days. What is your timescale and what was reason for first refusal. What did they ask when you arrived and which county you applying from.

Mashimar
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Mashimar » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:55 am

Jaune08 wrote:
Mashimar wrote:

The border controller just asked me to wait in the waiting area as she needed to make some enquiries. I think it was because of my last day of arrival and she wanted to double check if I am still allowed to collect my biometric card (on the letter it says I can collect the card either within 30 days of my visa sticker or within 10 days since arriving to the UK).

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:42 am

Mashimar wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:55 am

The border controller just asked me to wait in the waiting area as she needed to make some enquiries. I think it was because of my last day of arrival and she wanted to double check if I am still allowed to collect my biometric card (on the letter it says I can collect the card either within 30 days of my visa sticker or within 10 days since arriving to the UK).
Congratulations, enjoy be great time with family.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:01 am

congratulations..

Can you please share how it is written on the vignette? do they say "accompany" or "join" or it does not matter?

Also does it have a work permit and National Insurance Number NI?

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:21 pm

Mashimar wrote:
Thanks again!!! And congratulations :)
waleed205 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:01 am
Also does it have a work permit and National Insurance Number NI?
It does have a work permit, but you must get the NIN yourself. Only certain visas (i.e., Tier 2) already have an assigned NIN since the beginning.

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Mashimar wrote:
Jaune08 wrote:
Mashimar wrote:

Hi i hope you are well and all settled here in the U.K.

Can I ask did you receive an email initially stating the application has been assessed and they require your passport. Did they mention how long it usually takes? My partner handed in last friday and still no news. I'm getting slightly worried now.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:33 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:17 pm
Did they mention how long it usually takes? My partner handed in last friday and still no news. I'm getting slightly worried now.
It isn’t automatic, if that’s what you’re expecting. I handed over my passport when they requested it and they contacted me two weeks after to say the passport was ready for collection. Unfortunately, you will have to wait. Also, it’s not even a week since your partner handed over the passport, so I don’t think there’s something to be worried about.

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:09 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:33 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:17 pm
Did they mention how long it usually takes? My partner handed in last friday and still no news. I'm getting slightly worried now.
It isn’t automatic, if that’s what you’re expecting. I handed over my passport when they requested it and they contacted me two weeks after to say the passport was ready for collection. Unfortunately, you will have to wait. Also, it’s not even a week since your partner handed over the passport, so I don’t think there’s something to be worried about.
Hi thanks for replying. So in your case it took two weeks. Does it defo mean the visa has been accepted though? The email just stated application has now been assessed and they require the passport. My partner did ask but they never mentioned a date just that they will call. Following this thread and how the ops visa was issued in two days but they never called or forgot to call gets u stressed.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:12 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:09 pm
Hi thanks for replying. So in your case it took two weeks. Does it defo mean the visa has been accepted though? The email just stated application has now been assessed and they require the passport. My partner did ask but they never mentioned a date just that they will call. Following this thread and how the ops visa was issued in two days but they never called or forgot to call gets u stressed.
Ok, when did your partner submit their biometrics and hand over the supporting documents?

In my case it was two weeks after but I’ve got my visa accepted first.

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:30 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:12 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:09 pm
Ok, when did your partner submit their biometrics and hand over the supporting documents?

In my case it was two weeks after but I’ve got my visa accepted first.
Thanks for replying. Biometrics was start of 4th July. Docs scanned 9th July. Received eco email 12th July. Recieved email saying application has now been assessed and require passport 20th Sep. Passport submitted 27th Sep.

Does this mean the application has been accepted now that they are asking for passport or can it still be refused?

Also did they call you or email? Where did you apply from? Thanks

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:07 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:30 pm
Does this mean the application has been accepted now that they are asking for passport or can it still be refused?
The only way to find out is when your partner receives their passport back. Nevertheless, it doesn’t make sense they would reject the visa and still ask for the passport. You might presume it’s been accepted, but there’s no guarantee and you will have to wait until having the passport on your hands.

Fizzy513 wrote:
Passport submitted 27th Sep.

Oh, then you should expect to have news about the passport around two weeks after September 27th.

They emailed me from the VFS centre. I’ve applied from Mexico.

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:52 am

Jaune08 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:07 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
The only way to find out is when your partner receives their passport back. Nevertheless, it doesn’t make sense they would reject the visa and still ask for the passport. You might presume it’s been accepted, but there’s no guarantee and you will have to wait until having the passport on your hands.

Fizzy513 wrote:
Passport submitted 27th Sep.

Oh, then you should expect to have news about the passport around two weeks after September 27th.

They emailed me from the VFS centre. I’ve applied from Mexico.

Thank you for replying. When did you apply for spouse visa?