ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:20 pm

amelie12 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:03 pm
Hello everyone,

just a quick question: has anyone who received the decision letter in a brown envelope seen any sign “DND - Do not divert” on it?

There were several threads here in the forum but I could not find a clear answer whether the post from Home Office can be redirected by Royal Mail in principle or not. Does anyone know for sure?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge in advance!
No it does not state that. It is just a plain brown 5 envelope.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wa09
Newly Registered

Post by wa09 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:25 am

Hey
I had received my british citizenship invitation thank you everyone for your help and support.

nuna123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by nuna123 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:50 pm

wa09 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:25 am
Hey
I had received my british citizenship invitation thank you everyone for your help and support.
congrats can you share your timeline and route please

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:21 pm

nuna123 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:50 pm
wa09 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:25 am
Hey
congrats can you share your timeline and route please
Hello dear very very congrats when you receive your letter??

Sania82
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Sania82 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:05 pm

Hi, I applied for naturalisation on the 19th of March this year and waited entire 6 months to hear from home office. Finally after 6 months date passed, I told my lawyer to inquire home office. She contacted them and they sent me an unfinished letter. Which tells clearly how unprofessional they are. The letter addresses me and says that we received your application and after considering we have come to the conclusion that it can’t be completed within 6 months time period. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible but will write to you if this is not possible. Mine was refugee route so I guess we are the lowest category for consideration even though we pay the same amount of fee as others. Really frustrated now as I don’t know how long more it’ll take. Tired of this whole process. Just wanted to share this with everyone going through the same as me

nuna123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by nuna123 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:12 pm

Sania82 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:05 pm
Hi, I applied for naturalisation on the 19th of March this year and waited entire 6 months to hear from home office. Finally after 6 months date passed, I told my lawyer to inquire home office. She contacted them and they sent me an unfinished letter. Which tells clearly how unprofessional they are. The letter addresses me and says that we received your application and after considering we have come to the conclusion that it can’t be completed within 6 months time period. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible but will write to you if this is not possible. Mine was refugee route so I guess we are the lowest category for consideration even though we pay the same amount of fee as others. Really frustrated now as I don’t know how long more it’ll take. Tired of this whole process. Just wanted to share this with everyone going through the same as me
Thats true sania i am the same boat as you applied i have applied in early april and still waiting everyone else is getting so faster except us this is how the system works and unfortunately we cant do anything other than wait

amelie12

Post by amelie12 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:36 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:20 pm
amelie12 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:03 pm
Hello everyone,

just a quick question: has anyone who received the decision letter in a brown envelope seen any sign “DND - Do not divert” on it?

There were several threads here in the forum but I could not find a clear answer whether the post from Home Office can be redirected by Royal Mail in principle or not. Does anyone know for sure?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge in advance!
No it does not state that. It is just a plain brown 5 envelope.
CR001, thanks very much for your reply. So it means that HO office letter can be redirected which is good news.

Azee77
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Azee77 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:50 pm

Today is 6 months since I submitted my citizenship application, and I received this email.

Thank you for contacting the Further Nationality Enquiry email inbox.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with a progress update as our records show that your nationality application is still within the service standard. Decisions on nationality applications are usually made within 6 months of submission, although some applications can take longer. You will be told if you need to provide more information to help with your application.

For further information on citizenship applications after they have been submitted, please visit:

www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-spouse/after-youve-applied

We believe we have addressed all the points you have raised. If you have any further questions please contact us at: www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk.

Regards

xxxxxxxxxx

Central Operations

UK Visas & Immigration

We value your feedback. Please enter the following link into an internet browser to access a brief anonymous survey to help us improve our service to you: www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffice.gov.uk/s/108105TAZNG

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:09 pm

Azee77 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:50 pm
Today is 6 months since I submitted my citizenship application, and I received this email.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with a progress update as our records show that your nationality application is still within the service standard. Decisions on nationality applications are usually made within 6 months of submission, although some applications can take longer. You will be told if you need to provide more information to help with your application.

For further information on citizenship applications after they have been submitted, please visit:

We believe we have addressed all the points you have raised. If you have any further questions please contact us at: www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk.

Regards

xxxxx

Central Operations

UK Visas & Immigration

We value your feedback. Please enter the following link into an internet browser to access a brief anonymous survey to help us improve our service to you: www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffice.gov.uk/s/108105TAZNG
In your case, if 6 months have been exceeded (by 1 day at least), I would re-send an email claiming that the application is already outside the service standard of 6 months.

I would recommend you batch email with BCc (Blind Cc) your message to all the following addresses:
At least one of the operators dealing with your email enquiry will actually read your message before responding or providing a generic copy paste response.

I would also blind copy the following address which deals with complaints:
Good luck! :roll:
Last edited by ariskar on Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evalia
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by evalia » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:09 pm

Azee77 wrote:

Regards

xxxxxx

Central Operations

UK Visas & Immigration

Is it 6 months today since the submission of the biometrics? The application only counts as completed from then, not from the date of online submission…

I also received an exact same email from xxxxxx today - I noticed it referenced links specifically for spouse of BC - are you applying for citizenship on the basis of marriage to BC as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:20 pm

evalia wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:09 pm
Azee77 wrote:

Regards

xxxxxx

Central Operations

UK Visas & Immigration

Is it 6 months today since the submission of the biometrics? The application only counts as completed from then, not from the date of online submission…

I also received an exact same email from xxxxxx today - I noticed it referenced links specifically for spouse of BC - are you applying for citizenship on the basis of marriage to BC as well?
Can members PLEASE desist from posting the names of HO caseworkers on the forum!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:17 pm

evalia wrote:

This is not correct. I quote the gov uk website on service standards:

Our service standard processing times for standard applications (6 months or 8 weeks depending on application type) will start when we receive your application.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... r-services

If you apply to come to or remain in the UK, we want you to know that if your application is straightforward (for example, we can make a decision on it without asking you for more information) it will be decided within our processing times (our customer service standards).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:20 pm

ariskar wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:17 pm
evalia wrote:

Our service standard processing times for standard applications (6 months or 8 weeks depending on application type) will start when we receive your application.

If you apply to come to or remain in the UK, we want you to know that if your application is straightforward (for example, we can make a decision on it without asking you for more information) it will be decided within our processing times (our customer service standards).
Relevant to visas and ILR and not citizenship, as the link clearly states what is covered under that particular guidance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:20 pm
ariskar wrote:
evalia wrote:

Relevant to visas and ILR and not citizenship, as the link clearly states what is covered under that particular guidance.
CR001, it is the same link that HO FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk is quoting when referring to service standards of naturalisation (citizenship) applications, hence it is safe to presume the same standards apply.

evalia
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by evalia » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:35 pm

ariskar wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:24 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:20 pm
ariskar wrote:
evalia wrote:

CR001, it is the same link that HO FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk is quoting when referring to service standards of naturalisation (citizenship) applications, hence it is safe to presume the same standards apply.
My understanding is that your application is not completed until you submit your Biometrics, so It would be safe to count 6 months from then (as they physically can't process your application until you successfully submitted the Biometrics). Once it has been 6 months since Biometrics submission then contact them again. You can even call them at this point. Please other members correct me, if I am wrong.

Azee77
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Azee77 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:45 pm

Thank you ariskar.

amelie12

Post by amelie12 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:53 am

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. While waiting for the BC application decision, is it still possible to apply for EU settled status under the EU settlement scheme or will it somehow influence my BC application process?

Thanks for all your help
amelie12

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:58 am

amelie12 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:53 am
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. While waiting for the BC application decision, is it still possible to apply for EU settled status under the EU settlement scheme or will it somehow influence my BC application process?

Thanks for all your help
amelie12
You should ask this question about settled status in the relevant sub forum please, link below.

eea-route-applications/

Presumably you hold a document certifying PR if you have applied for citizenship?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

amelie12

Post by amelie12 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:43 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:58 am
amelie12 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your help
amelie12
You should ask this question about settled status in the relevant sub forum please, link below.

eea-route-applications/

Presumably you hold a document certifying PR if you have applied for citizenship?
CR001, thanks for your reply. Yes I do have PR EEA card. My concern is that BC application process may take a long time and there is no certainty as to what happens with UK/EU relationship in the meantime. So I thought applying for EU settled status is a safe route because this scheme is alredy in place.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:45 am

amelie12 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:43 am
CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:58 am
amelie12 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your help
amelie12

eea-route-applications/

CR001, thanks for your reply. Yes I do have PR EEA card. My concern is that BC application process may take a long time and there is no certainty as to what happens with UK/EU relationship in the meantime. So I thought applying for EU settled status is a safe route because this scheme is alredy in place.
Your choice. Most citizenship approvals are within 2 to 4 months.

Settled status scheme is a completely separate process to British citizenship and completely different rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Omot3
Newly Registered
Congo

Post by Omot3 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:23 am

Hello all,

I am new here but I have read most of your post.

Firstly I will like to say you, reading your post kept me sane and gave me some assurance even before I joined the forum.

Please I need some advice here as I have more confused than I was few days ago.
I applied for naturalisation on the 26th feb 2019, did biometric on the 5th of March. 6months after I applied, I got the standard “we hope to conclude with applications within 6months but in your case we couldn’t due to the complexity of the case” letter from home office. 2 weeks after that letter I emailed FMT and further nationality enquiry (got the emails from this forum, which I am very grateful for). I got replies from both emails, further nationality enquiry response was they will reply back to my email within 20 standard response time. FMT response the next was the will contact me via post within the next 21 days, this was on the 20th of September. I was honestly looking forward to a brown envelope going by people’s update here. But yesterday I got the below email from further nationality enquiry in response to my initial enquiry.
Thank you for your email.

I can only comment that your application is ongoing in the application(s) process. As you may be aware, our service standard is that we will complete 100% of workable and straightforward cases within six months. The definition of a workable case, and what we expect from our customers, is available on our website at: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk- ... r-services.

Where further information is required, the case will not be classed as workable, and may take longer to decide.

Regards
xx
Central Operations
UK Visas & Immigration

Any advice please, Thank you

Cool321
Newly Registered

Post by Cool321 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:32 am

Omot3 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:23 am
Hello all,

Firstly I will like to say you, reading your post kept me sane and gave me some assurance even before I joined the forum.

I applied for naturalisation on the 26th feb 2019, did biometric on the 5th of March. 6months after I applied, I got the standard “we hope to conclude with applications within 6months but in your case we couldn’t due to the complexity of the case” letter from home office. 2 weeks after that letter I emailed FMT and further nationality enquiry (got the emails from this forum, which I am very grateful for). I got replies from both emails, further nationality enquiry response was they will reply back to my email within 20 standard response time. FMT response the next was the will contact me via post within the next 21 days, this was on the 20th of September. I was honestly looking forward to a brown envelope going by people’s update here. But yesterday I got the below email from further nationality enquiry in response to my initial enquiry.

I can only comment that your application is ongoing in the application(s) process. As you may be aware, our service standard is that we will complete 100% of workable and straightforward cases within six months. The definition of a workable case, and what we expect from our customers, is available on our website at: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk- ... r-services.

Where further information is required, the case will not be classed as workable, and may take longer to decide.

Regards
xx
Central Operations
UK Visas & Immigration

Hi Generally 21 days email means decision letter, what can you do is that ,try FMT email again and request them if any correspondence has been posted to you ,hopefully they will reply and things would be clarified for you , Good luck for the outcome .

Omot3
Newly Registered
Congo

Post by Omot3 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:10 pm

Thank you for the prompt advice, I will try that and update once I get a response.

Many thanks.

mickey1112
Newly Registered

Post by mickey1112 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:09 pm

Hello guys,

I applied for naturalisation on the 15 May 2019 and i have email them on few occasion about the progress of my application. Today i received this email which is not helping the rate of my heart beat. Has anyone seen this or know what going on? :roll:

Our preparatory enquiries on your application are currently ongoing.

UKVI aims to complete 95% of cases within 6 months from the date of receipt. Therefore, it will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

Omot3
Newly Registered
Congo

Post by Omot3 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:04 pm

Cool321 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:32 am
Omot3 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:23 am
Hello all,

Regards
xx
Central Operations
UK Visas & Immigration

Hi Generally 21 days email means decision letter, what can you do is that ,try FMT email again and request them if any correspondence has been posted to you ,hopefully they will reply and things would be clarified for you , Good luck for the outcome .
Update
Many thanks for you advise, I emailed FMT again and below is the reply I got from them.
Thank you for your further e-mail

On records confirm that a letter was sent to you on 30 August. Our enquiries on this application are ongoing and a decision cannot yet be made. Once the application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

FMT
FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

My guess is the 21 working day correspondence they were talking about was the “we hope to complete all application within 6months” letter I got from them before I made an enquiry as it was dated 30 August.