ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Spapa1982wang
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by Spapa1982wang » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:21 am

Spapa1982wang wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:09 am
I got a zambrono derivative residence card back in 2014 July, due to apply for renewal and the new rule came so was advised to apply for settlement scheme under zambrono instead of renewing. I am currently the sole parent of my british citizen daughter who has renewed her british passport last year March.
Application sent: 15/07/2019
Biometric requirement letter and passport of mine and my daughter received from home office : 25/07/2019
I just received them today as 30/07/2019 from my lawyer and going to do my biometric tomorrow. ( biometric was not required when I did my first application back in 2013)
Fingers crossed. Or some advice of % if successful for my application would be appreciated :D
God blessed! Received my settlement granted letter today :D god luck to everyone!

Abuken1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Abuken1 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:25 am

Spapa1982wang wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:21 am
Spapa1982wang wrote:
I got a zambrono derivative residence card back in 2014 July, due to apply for renewal and the new rule came so was advised to apply for settlement scheme under zambrono instead of renewing. I am currently the sole parent of my british citizen daughter who has renewed her british passport last year March.
Biometric requirement letter and passport of mine and my daughter received from home office : 25/07/2019
I just received them today as 30/07/2019 from my lawyer and going to do my biometric tomorrow. ( biometric was not required when I did my first application back in 2013)
Fingers crossed. Or some advice of % if successful for my application would be appreciated :D
God blessed! Received my settlement granted letter today :D god luck to everyone!
Congrats.

ada4msd

Post by ada4msd » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:45 am

@Jen1979 #Spapawang# congrats to both of you and for those still waiting, be encouraged for very soon you will be sharing your good news so we all can celebrate in full.
Be strong!!
GOD IS ABLE

Zaza mum

Post by Zaza mum » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:05 pm

Spapa1982wang wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:21 am
Spapa1982wang wrote:
Wow!!! So happy for you :D . Congratulations. It seems Those posted in July and really receiving confirmation then we that posted in June. But still holding on and tapping into all successful applications🙏.

Congratulations to you once again!!!!

qwertyyui
Newly Registered
Andorra

Post by qwertyyui » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:08 pm

Has anyone written a complaint letter regarding the delays? Here is one:

Dear Home Office Complaints,

Thank you for your email dated 1 October 2019 in which you refuse to uphold my complaint. I write to request an escalation of my complaint.

You mention replying to request a review of your response. Your website leads one to believe the next step is a complaint to the Ombudsman. Please clarify the appropriate next step.

You state,

"An equivalent derivative application that is received via the Legacy route is normally decided within 6 months of receipt but the time may be shorter or longer depending on the individual case."

If that were the case that the average processing time is up to six months, you website should openly state that applications by paper may take up to six months.

I know of other families with a similar situation to mine who have been granted settled status, so your assertion can not be accurate, unless there are further issues with my particular claim which you have not raised.

Also, the scheme was only opened in May 2019. There can be no established timeline by which decisions are normally made, because we have not reached six months yet. You can only give a normal processing time for applications that were submitted after May 2019 and finalised before today.

This delay is costing me a lot of money. I would like to know if you have set up a compensation scheme for people who have been unfairly impacted by the excessive delays?

Please confirm whether this case can be escalated to the Ombudsman.

qwertyyui
Newly Registered
Andorra

Post by qwertyyui » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:10 pm

Home Office correspondence:

Thank you for your further email correspondence of September where you have raised a complaint about your dissatisfaction with our previous response to your complaint regarding an ongoing delay with your application for settled status.

I apologise for any inconvenience or distress caused by the delay with the application. This is of course, not our intention.

I have investigated your complaint again with the relevant team and can confirm that your application remains outstanding. It may help if I explain that, while applications made online take a short time to be concluded, applications via the paper application route typically take more time as they are generally more complex and require further investigation. An equivalent derivative application that is received via the Legacy route is normally decided within 6 months of receipt but the time may be shorter or longer depending on the individual case.

I can confirm the caseworking team are working closely with their policy colleagues in order to ensure your case can be concluded as soon as possible.

I am unfortunately unable to uphold your complaint as I am satisfied that the delay is not unnecessary or unreasonable. We will contact you with the decision as soon as we are able to.

I hope this answers your concerns, and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

I believe I have addressed all the points you have raised. However, if you feel that there are specific aspects that have not been addressed you can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by writing to us at:

complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk.

Or you can write to us at:

UKVI Complaints Allocation Hub
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

Please ensure that you provide us with specific details setting out why you believe a review is required. This will enable us to provide you with a full response. You can also review the next stages of our complaints process at the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:42 am

qwertyyui wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:10 pm

Thank you for your further email correspondence of September where you have raised a complaint about your dissatisfaction with our previous response to your complaint regarding an ongoing delay with your application for settled status.

I apologise for any inconvenience or distress caused by the delay with the application. This is of course, not our intention.

I have investigated your complaint again with the relevant team and can confirm that your application remains outstanding. It may help if I explain that, while applications made online take a short time to be concluded, applications via the paper application route typically take more time as they are generally more complex and require further investigation. An equivalent derivative application that is received via the Legacy route is normally decided within 6 months of receipt but the time may be shorter or longer depending on the individual case.

I can confirm the caseworking team are working closely with their policy colleagues in order to ensure your case can be concluded as soon as possible.

I am unfortunately unable to uphold your complaint as I am satisfied that the delay is not unnecessary or unreasonable. We will contact you with the decision as soon as we are able to.

I hope this answers your concerns, and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

I believe I have addressed all the points you have raised. However, if you feel that there are specific aspects that have not been addressed you can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by writing to us at:

Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

Please ensure that you provide us with specific details setting out why you believe a review is required. This will enable us to provide you with a full response. You can also review the next stages of our complaints process at the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure.
Can u plz tell how long it is now that u have made application. What is ut time line so far. And is it ur new application or u alreday got drv card.
Thanks

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:02 am

qwertyyui wrote:

Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

Could you please send me the original email you sent the complaint to.

I applied in June and nothing till date despite contacting and escalating to my MP.

Zaza mum

Post by Zaza mum » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:42 am

Topsibelle wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:02 am
qwertyyui wrote:

Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

I applied in June and nothing till date despite contacting and escalating to my MP.
Topsibelle, we are in the same boat :lol: I also applied on June 7th, and still nothing. I keep calling the resolution centre they said my case is with case worker. I even moved house so had to call them to change my address but still nothing yet. Hmmm hoping and praying, Topsibelle we will also hear good news soon in Jesus Mighty Name 🙏

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:03 am

Zaza mum wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:42 am
Topsibelle wrote:
qwertyyui wrote:

Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

Topsibelle, we are in the same boat :lol: I also applied on June 7th, and still nothing. I keep calling the resolution centre they said my case is with case worker. I even moved house so had to call them to change my address but still nothing yet. Hmmm hoping and praying, Topsibelle we will also hear good news soon in Jesus Mighty Name 🙏
Honestly I'm just fed up.I thought my case was straight forward as l had just run out of the derivative residence card so they know. I bought tickets back in February to go see my 81 year old Dad for Oct 24th before my residence card expired bc l thought it would have been renewed before oct and now the date is near with no papers to come back if l go. I've just lost my gran yesterday and l can't even travel. I called them yesterday about it and they said they can't do anything about it.

Darasimidd

Post by Darasimidd » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:51 am

I rang EU settlement this morning. The lady I spoke to said it wouldn't take much longer. I asked if people with 2.5 year are getting leave to remain, she giggled and said just remain positive. She said ' you know I've heard a lot of good news about people on 2.5 years getting it but I can't say much because I'm not allowed to, justbe positive' .Ok o I am positive but it's taking too long. I asked about the pre settled and recourse to public funds, she spoke to her manager and I was told that if you already get recourse to public funds on your present status, then you will continue to get it.

Keep trusting God
I hope this encourage someone today

Zaza mum

Post by Zaza mum » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:41 pm

Topsibelle, sorry to hear abt your loss. God is listening to all our prayers. And we have come too far, let's hold on to the faith pls. It is well with us.

Topsibelle, i believe strongly we will ours soon, so you travel.

My brothers and sisters all still waiting, lets all keep the faith and remain strong. Our time will soon come. VERY SOON🙏

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Zaza mum wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:41 pm
Topsibelle, sorry to hear abt your loss. God is listening to all our prayers. And we have come too far, let's hold on to the faith pls. It is well with us.

Topsibelle, i believe strongly we will ours soon, so you travel.

My brothers and sisters all still waiting, lets all keep the faith and remain strong. Our time will soon come. VERY SOON🙏
Amen my sister 🙏🏿

Darasimidd

Post by Darasimidd » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:12 pm

Topsibelle wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:03 am
Zaza mum wrote:
Topsibelle wrote:
qwertyyui wrote:

Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

I applied in June and nothing till

Honestly I'm just fed up.I thought my case was straight forward as l had just run out of the derivative residence card so they know. I bought tickets back in February to go see my 81 year old Dad for Oct 24th before my residence card expired bc l thought it would have been renewed before oct and now the date is near with no papers to come back if l go. I've just lost my gran yesterday and l can't even travel. I called them yesterday about it and they said they can't do anything about it.
Omg I'm so sorry about your loss. I pray every thing work out fine for everyone 🙏🙏🙏

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:33 pm

Darasimidd wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:12 pm
Topsibelle wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:03 am
Zaza mum wrote:
Topsibelle wrote:

I applied in June and nothing till

Omg I'm so sorry about your loss. I pray every thing work out fine for everyone 🙏🙏🙏
Thanks and amen

Chi mum
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Chi mum » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:13 am

Sorry I forgot password and it’s hard resetting my password it’s still me chi’s mum
Just to update the group i recieved my indefinite leave to remain letter yesterday I applied under the Chen route /ibrahkm and texerias ( not sure I got the spelling right.
This is my timeline
1st April applied online both me and kids
July children’s status arrived but not mine
Called resolution centre who told me I needed to make paper application
1st August paper application made
Kept calling for updates no reply
20 September contacted my local Mp who contacted them immediately
23 September recieved a call from one of the managers at the resolution centre saying they are sorry for long wait and will hear a reply soonest
2nd October recieved settled status by post dated. 30september still waiting for my Brc as the one I had had expired
Keep faith guys we will all hear results soon

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:37 am

Chi mum wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:13 am
Sorry I forgot password and it’s hard resetting my password it’s still me chi’s mum
Just to update the group i recieved my indefinite leave to remain letter yesterday I applied under the Chen route /ibrahkm and texerias ( not sure I got the spelling right.
This is my timeline
23 September recieved a call from one of the managers at the resolution centre saying they are sorry for long wait and will hear a reply soonest
2nd October recieved settled status by post dated. 30september still waiting for my Brc as the one I had had expired
Congratulations mama....hard and well deserved

Did you receive any email from them about the settled status prior to receiving the letter yesterday?

Chi mum
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Chi mum » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:39 am

Topsibelle wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:37 am
Chi mum wrote:
This is my timeline

Did you receive any email from them about the settled status prior to receiving the letter yesterday?
Funny enough I received an email from them on Monday 30th saying my online application has now been closed and they aim to make a decision on my paper application soonest

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:18 am

Chi mum wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:39 am
Topsibelle wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:37 am
Chi mum wrote:
This is my timeline

Funny enough I received an email from them on Monday 30th saying my online application has now been closed and they aim to make a decision on my paper application soonest
I got an email about closing my online application as well on the 13th sept and will deal with my paper application. My Chen daughter was granted settled status but they still have all my documents as well as my Zambrano daughter's passport.

Thanks. Hopefully they will respond soon. You applied before most of us.

Chi mum
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Chi mum » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:58 am

Yes I did apply before most of you but only did a paper application 1st of August
All the best and your goodnews is near ❤️

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:05 pm

Amen. I started saving for the British citizenship already 😂

Applying for visas sucks

Zaza mum

Post by Zaza mum » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:14 pm

Chi mum wrote:
This is my timeline

Chi's Mum, congratulations. Enjoy it ooooooo. Very happy to hear all the positive out comes.

Darasimidd

Post by Darasimidd » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:46 pm

Chi mum wrote:
This is my timeline
Great news and congratulations to you and your family.

Chi mum
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Chi mum » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:17 pm

Zaza mum wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:14 pm
Chi mum wrote:
This is my timeline

Chi's Mum, congratulations. Enjoy it ooooooo. Very happy to hear all the positive out comes.
Thank you and all the best your way 🙏🏽

Chi mum
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Chi mum » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:18 pm

Darasimidd wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:46 pm
Chi mum wrote:
This is my timeline
Great news and congratulations to you and your family.
Thank you and best wishes