ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

An enquiry

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TODMATT
Diamond Member

An enquiry

Post by TODMATT » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:28 pm

Just making an enquiry

I have a son(British by descent) who was born outside of the UK but now live in the UK with the mother( on spouse visa) but doesn't work due my son is still 1 year old.

I have couple of questions please.

Is it possible to for local council to help in terms of paying some of my rents ? earning is around 21k a year
wife want to work but that means my son will need to go to a nursery but it is likely we will need to pay for half of his day care? is this correct?
We haven't apply for child benefit yet but we will do this later.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: An enquiry

Post by JB007 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:32 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:28 pm
Just making an enquiry

I have a son(British by descent) who was born outside of the UK but now live in the UK with the mother( on spouse visa) but doesn't work due my son is still 1 year old.

I have couple of questions please.

Is it possible to for local council to help in terms of paying some of my rents ? earning is around 21k a year
wife want to work but that means my son will need to go to a nursery but it is likely we will need to pay for half of his day care? is this correct?
We haven't apply for child benefit yet but we will do this later.
Under the Welfare Reform laws, Housing Benefit is one of the low income benefits that has been replaced by Universal Credit. Universal Credit is dealt with by the DWP and has different rules and requirements than the old Housing Benefit had.