ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa and Unpaid Leave re Financial Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa and Unpaid Leave re Financial Requirement

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:10 pm

archilochus wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:11 pm
I got approved and honestly I didn't even apply under the right category.
Dangerous manoeuvre. I think the correct advice you have already received which exactly matches with this success experience now might put your mind on ease.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:42 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:10 pm
archilochus wrote:
I got approved and honestly I didn't even apply under the right category.
Dangerous manoeuvre. I think the correct advice you have already received which exactly matches with this success experience now might put your mind on ease.
Agreed, you have no problems meeting the requirement and hopefully you're convinced of that now. My situation when I applied was similar where I had some unpaid time off while changing jobs a few months before applying. Provide what seagul mentioned and you shouldn't have any issues, cover letter is a good idea as the unpaid leave may not be clear just from the application form as you've remained employed by the same employer.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:42 am

archilochus wrote:
***** Update ******

Thought I’d share this update I’ve received from someone on another forum who has had this problem and got their visa:

Here it is:

‘Just apply category B and mention in your cover letter that you took unpaid leave in the month of August and submit 12 .months banks statements and payslips. Honestly don't stress about it like I did. I had taken 6 weeks off! Are you on a salaried employement? I know category B is for employement less than 6 months but you can just explain again in the covering letter you have applied via category B to supply 12 months of bank statements and payslips because of the month off you had. Good luck! You'll be fine! I got approved and honestly I didn't even apply under the right category. I only found out after applying I should of done it under category B but I applied under category A. Just wanted 5o give you the advice I got given to stay on the safe side. Submit 12 months.’

Hope this helps other forum members!
This gives me some hope! Thanks for posting this!