ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time outside of France for CDS

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ximon
United States of America

Time outside of France for CDS

Post by Ximon » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:40 am

To maintain one’s carte de sejour I am to understand that one must “reside” in France for at least six months each year. What if part of your job for a French company is to travel outside of France for extended periods? Does this business travel count towards the six months in France or the six months outside of France? I have heard some say that “residing” in France is not the same thing as being physically present in France. Any thoughts?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Time outside of France for CDS

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:12 pm

I spent an hour searching in Legi France and reading all reference texts, I couldn't find the definitive answer.

They often use the term "uninterrupted stay in France" but they never define it anywhere.

You may want to give a call to the Prefecture services in your area and see if they are kind enough to answer.

Ximon
United States of America

Re: Time outside of France for CDS

Post by Ximon » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:03 pm

Thanks for your effort in checking it out. I will ask the prefecture but think that one person's opinion may not matter when I am back in a year to renew my cds and am sitting in front of a different official. May need to simply take my chances. Maintaining a residience and paying taxes may be one way to convince them.