ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

moore100
Nigeria

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by moore100 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:23 pm

hello rina... what is the number to call and also can i open bank account with the permission to work card and NI.

Thank you.

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:29 pm

I have no idea but I am you must have the number on some of the paperwork you were given previously. I am sorry I have no idea about the bank account but I would like to think that the answer would be yes because employers would need it to deposit payment.

sadguy222
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sadguy222 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:29 am

moore100 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:45 am
hello friends ..

I apply for permission to work since August 2019.. I have not hard any respond from HO , if they will grant or refuse .. but no respond from HO.. what can I do, please need advice.

Thank you.
Hi.i suggest you to send an email on Home office complaint email ID.they will reply you within 20 working days hopefully ,if u do not find out any contact number.

John200101
Newly Registered

Post by John200101 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:26 am

moore100 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:23 pm
hello rina... what is the number to call and also can i open bank account with the permission to work card and NI.

Thank you.
Hello, I don't know about NI number because I've never applied for permission to work but as an asylum seeker, Nationwide and Metro Bank mainly will open a bank account for you. All you need is your ARC and a proof of address i.e internet bill, council tax, Uni letter e.t.c you might not have most of this (if you do then fine you only need one), you can use home office support letter by going to the bank and explaining your situation to see what they can do. I'm an asylum seeker as well and I have nationwide account and I opened it with arc card and all home office letters.
Tips: if you have a bank account already, and maybe a sim only contract(which is easy to get because you don't need id), you can open any other bank e.g Barclays, HSBC online as it skips ID check due to having a record with another bank already. I did that and I now have Barclays and nationwide accounts.

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:34 pm

@ John200101 ... I received letter today from home office that my permission to work is GRANTED but I have not receive ARC card ... will home office send that to me soon or only the letter home office normally sent for people the grant permission to work or they will also send ARC card. and in the letter they say I can call department for work and pensions for NI ... just want to know if they will send me ARC card soon or not.

sadguy222
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sadguy222 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:08 pm

moore100 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:34 pm
@ John200101 ... I received letter today from home office that my permission to work is GRANTED but I have not receive ARC card ... will home office send that to me soon or only the letter home office normally sent for people the grant permission to work or they will also send ARC card. and in the letter they say I can call department for work and pensions for NI ... just want to know if they will send me ARC card soon or not.
Hello,do u get work permission(Sos-shortage of occupation) only or without any restriction pls confirm bcz i m going to apply for it next month.thanks
Further,i think home office will send u updated ARC card soon and till that time you can use that letter as proof of work to employers and also get NI on that basis.Account opening procedure already told by other guy above .just follow it and open banl account with old ARC.

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:03 pm

hello... all permission to work are on (SOC)shortage of occupation and I pray they grant me soon and I will go ahead and book appointment with NI ...Thank you.

John200101
Newly Registered

Post by John200101 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:12 pm

sadguy222 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:08 pm
moore100 wrote:
@sadguy222, I'm a woman but I'm just using my brothers account because it's easier 🙂

Hello,do u get work permission(Sos-shortage of occupation) only or without any restriction pls confirm bcz i m going to apply for it next month.thanks
Further,i think home office will send u updated ARC card soon and till that time you can use that letter as proof of work to employers and also get NI on that basis.Account opening procedure already told by other guy above .just follow it and open banl account with old ARC.

sadguy222
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sadguy222 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:30 pm

John200101 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:12 pm
sadguy222 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:08 pm
moore100 wrote:
@sadguy222, I'm a woman but I'm just using my brothers account because it's easier 🙂

@John oops sorry :)

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:11 pm

moore100 wrote:
Did you call them? So amazing as you were asking about it yesterday. That was fast

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:14 pm

@rina .. Yes it was so amazing, no I did not call them and I have apply since 1 month plus and I ask advice from this forum yesterday if they know when home office respond when you request permission to work. I just see the letter yesterday when am back home ... but they never send the ARC card... I pray to ALLAH they grant me my stay then this permission to work.

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:31 pm

moore100 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:14 pm
@rina .. Yes it was so amazing, no I did not call them and I have apply since 1 month plus and I ask advice from this forum yesterday if they know when home office respond when you request permission to work. I just see the letter yesterday when am back home ... but they never send the ARC card... I pray to ALLAH they grant me my stay then this permission to work.
Have they every offered permission to someone then not granted them asylum? I find that strange if they did that. I am sure you will be granted.

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi,can someone please help. I have contacted my mp a month ago and according to the Secretary who replied said they have passed my information to a caseworker and therefore the caseworker will contact me when it's my turn.is it a normal process to get your mp to chase a delayed asylum case??I have been waiting for 2years for an initial decision and it's soo not easy..Thanks

Laureen007

Post by Laureen007 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:35 pm

Hello J0hn200101
Is it true that you can open a bank account with an ARC as an asylum seeker? I thought it’s not possible to open one. Is it better to do it online or go to the bank?
Can anybody help please, my brother just got his indefinite leave to remain and my son and I have been dependent on him, he is like the father of my son as he does everything for him, we also live with him and this was included in our asylum claim but was refused. Is there anyway my son and I can apply under him outside asylum now that he has his indefinite leave to remain ? Or is there anything he can do for us at this stage?

John200101
Newly Registered

Post by John200101 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:22 pm

Laureen007 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:35 pm
Hello J0hn200101
Is it true that you can open a bank account with an ARC as an asylum seeker? I thought it’s not possible to open one. Is it better to do it online or go to the bank?
Can anybody help please, my brother just got his indefinite leave to remain and my son and I have been dependent on him, he is like the father of my son as he does everything for him, we also live with him and this was included in our asylum claim but was refused. Is there anyway my son and I can apply under him outside asylum now that he has his indefinite leave to remain ? Or is there anything he can do for us at this stage?
Hello Laureen,
Yes you can open a bank account with arc card and a proof of address, could be one with your uncles name or your name. It's better to go to the bank ( either nationwide or metro) perhaps with your uncle if he can.
I'm not very experienced with the second question so I hope admin or someone that knows more could help you. But how long did your asylum claim take and have you appealed???

John200101
Newly Registered

Post by John200101 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:23 pm

John200101 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:22 pm
Laureen007 wrote:
Hello J0hn200101
Hello Laureen,
Yes you can open a bank account with arc card and a proof of address, could be one with your uncles name or your name. It's better to go to the bank ( either nationwide or metro) perhaps with your uncle if he can.
I'm not very experienced with the second question so I hope admin or someone that knows more could help you. But how long did your asylum claim take and have you appealed???
Brother***

Laureen007

Post by Laureen007 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:37 pm

John200101 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:22 pm
Laureen007 wrote:
Hello J0hn200101
Hello Laureen,
Ok thank you, will go to the bank today.
Everything didn’t take up to a year and now all appeal rights exhausted so I’m looking to do a fresh claim.

welljohn

Post by welljohn » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:46 pm

Hi Guys, anyone know how to prepare for fresh claim

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:47 pm

Any FLR applicants here that have been asked to do asylum had their health subcharge refunded?

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:46 pm

Capt03141729 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:05 pm
@Shay007

Yes hopefully great news we will all hear.

Had Screening interview - 20th JAN 2019

Main interview - 28th MAY 2019

Those were the time lines

So now awaiting final Decision.
Hi,

Please help answer a few of these questions for me. You previously mentioned your IHS and application were refunded. Where they refunded at different dates? If so please elaborate rough timelines. Did this happen after your screening or after main interview. Basically I had my IHS refunded recently but still havent got an interview letter for the main interview. I had a similiar situation FLR to asylum.

shay007

Post by shay007 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:14 am

rina wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:46 pm
Capt03141729 wrote:
@Shay007

Hi,

Please help answer a few of these questions for me. You previously mentioned your IHS and application were refunded. Where they refunded at different dates? If so please elaborate rough timelines. Did this happen after your screening or after main interview. Basically I had my IHS refunded recently but still havent got an interview letter for the main interview. I had a similiar situation FLR to asylum.
I was refunded first part of it after the screening interview. I haven’t still received a letter for the main interview. I think the main interview is 5-6 months after the screening interview.

John200101
Newly Registered

Post by John200101 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:40 am

Hello,
Is anybody here waiting for initial decision on asylum claim? If yes, how long?
Or is there anybody here who just recently got granted status?
I'm pretty confused:
Is the 6 months decision time scale from the date you claimed asylum, or from the date you have you main interview?

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:47 pm

shay007 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:14 am
rina wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:46 pm
Capt03141729 wrote:
@Shay007

Hi,

I was refunded first part of it after the screening interview. I haven’t still received a letter for the main interview. I think the main interview is 5-6 months after the screening interview.
When did you get the second refund for application that is? I just got my ihs refunded and its 8 months since I had my screening

nuna123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by nuna123 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:19 pm

Hi i am new to this forum can anyone please help me i had my screening interview in april and i am waiting for my Main interview can anyone help how long you have to wait for the main interview or do i need to contact to HO ?
appreciate your answers

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:20 pm

nuna123 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:19 pm
Hi i am new to this forum can anyone please help me i had my screening interview in april and i am waiting for my Main interview can anyone help how long you have to wait for the main interview or do i need to contact to HO ?
appreciate your answers
Am afraid it's a waiting game now. I had mine a month before you and I haven't had mine either