ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence ILR - SET(LR) biometric card validity

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Albans
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

Long Residence ILR - SET(LR) biometric card validity

Post by Albans » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:45 pm

Hi,
I just received my Biometric card yesterday, it is only valid for 5 years. I know that my husbands' biometrics card was valid for 10 years.

Is this a normal case or is there something wrong with mine? I tried using the new card number on the right to work web site and it says not valid.

Has anyone experienced something similar or can someone advise me on this please?

Casa

Re: Long Residence ILR - SET(LR) biometric card validity

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:55 pm

"The 31 December 2024 validity date is due to a requirement by the EU to restrict BRPs which do not incorporate the next generation of encryption technology. "

BRPs will have to be renewed in the same way you would be expected to renew a bank card or passport
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.