ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong IHS reference submitted on application FLR(M) spouse extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sam10101
Newly Registered

Wrong IHS reference submitted on application FLR(M) spouse extension

Post by sam10101 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

We are applying for a FLM(R) visa and unfortunately have hit a stumbling block. We have already submitted the online application form for the extended spouse visa. After submitting this and paying the fee we have just realised that we have inputted the incorrect IHS reference number (we have used the number from our initial spouse visa).

Is there any way that we can adjust our form to just amend the IHS number?

The same thing happened to someone else on this forum but there was no concrete answer given: immigration-for-family-members/wrong-ih ... l#p1732309

If anyone could help with this it would be unbelievably helpful as we are extremely stressed about the situation now.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Sam

UzomaPhilips
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Wrong IHS reference submitted on application FLR(M) spouse extension

Post by UzomaPhilips » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:59 pm

Saw a similar topic where the advice was to write a cover letter, mention the IHS discrepancy with the correct IHS reference number and append the attendant payment receipt. Pretty sure it'll be fine if done correctly and clearly explained in the cover letter.

Otherwise, you can cancel and reapply immediately if you have sufficient funds. Your refund would normally take 28 days I think.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Wrong IHS reference submitted on application FLR(M) spouse extension

Post by geoeng » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:34 pm

UzomaPhilips wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:59 pm
Otherwise, you can cancel and reapply immediately if you have sufficient funds. Your refund would normally take 28 days I think.
Don't cancel just yet, there are no refunds on application fees for applications made within the UK. The cover letter would probably work but I would suggest contacting UKVI and seeing what they suggest doing.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.