ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstay parent of British child

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ninino
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cameroon

Overstay parent of British child

Post by Ninino » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:56 pm

Hi everyone. I need help for my case please. I came in the uk on tier 4 visa but couldn't afford to reenrol the next year at university because I didn't have enough money to pay the fees so my visa was curtailed. I didn't receive a notification from the home office asking me to leave the country.

The same period I gave birth to my child who is British citizen after his father. Now I wanted to go back to work but they told I need a permit to work since old one was base on my student Visa.
I was advised to apply for family parent route bit I didn't have enough money for the fee so I requested a fee waiver which was rejected ( I don't prove that I will be destitute if I pay the fee). A friend of mine (78 years old ) is helping me with accommodation and food. She's like a mother to me. I can't go back home cause no support from no one there.

Now I genuinely don't have money for the fee and I am no more with the baby daddy so single mother with sole responsibility. They have written on the letter liability for removal and that they will send me a note of when I will be removed.

I am confused on what to do please. Baby is 10 months and has British passport.

Garry20g

Re: Overstay parent of British child

Post by Garry20g » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:01 pm

Hi. You should go to your local social service team and if they give you letter then it is easy to get fee waive

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Overstay parent of British child

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Cases like that are the reason why student visas are getting more and more complicated for genuine students :(

Anyway, don't sit on the situation and let it rot. Start by going to the Citizen Advise bureau and involve the social services where you live.