ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AngelOfGod
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Spouse visa

Post by AngelOfGod » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi if anyone could give some advice on my concern I'd appreciate it.

Visited uk on a visit visa 2 years ago however made some small blunders as below

A) stated my British boyfriend is from a different country other than uk and different address but gave correct name and dob (autofill error)
B) person sponsoring my trip was my now husbands father living in the same address as husband but in my application I wrote that he was an uncle sponsoring me but he is now in fact my father in law (in my culture we call everyone uncle and aunt etc so didn't think much of it as he was still my boyfriend at the time)

So I want to now apply for spouse Visa...will my silly mistakes cause me trouble ? Please advise

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:46 pm

AngelOfGod wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:24 pm
Hi if anyone could give some advice on my concern I'd appreciate it.

Visited uk on a visit visa 2 years ago however made some small blunders as below

A) stated my British boyfriend is from a different country other than uk and different address but gave correct name and dob (autofill error)
Usually all online forms before submission always ask the applicant to check & read it carefully, therefore, auto filling error excuse might not be considered where a false information has been provided.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AngelOfGod
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by AngelOfGod » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:20 pm

I did everything in a hurry and so missed it out and didn't realise until now. What is the best plan of action?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:28 pm

AngelOfGod wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:20 pm
What is the best plan of action?
Provide the correct information in the spouse visa application and double check that it is correct before you submit the application. Make sure you have evidence to support the correct information and any changes from previous answers. If you are concerned about potential impacts, include a cover letter with your application explaining why the previous information was incorrect.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:35 pm

AngelOfGod wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:20 pm
I did everything in a hurry and so missed it out and didn't realise until now. What is the best plan of action?
Unless someone is dual national of the country you stated/typed/selected incorrectly otherwise it will be bit difficult to assume it as mistake.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AngelOfGod
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by AngelOfGod » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:15 am

He has strong ties with the country I chose n I didn't think much of it n assumed my answer to be correct n ended up just giving the application as is :( anyway I'll do the right thing this time and see what happens....

Is this a very strong offence ..would it be a cause for rejection for spouse visa? As I was not aware and I don't really see an aggravating situation etc . Please advise

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:42 am

AngelOfGod wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:15 am

Is this a very strong offence ..would it be a cause for rejection for spouse visa?
Many applicants charged with deception over similar mistakes/errors.

pinksunflower
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by pinksunflower » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:46 am

My understanding of paragraph 320 (11) is in addition to the deception, the ECO must establish there are further aggravating factors in order to refuse your application. Are there any other aggravating factors in your case?

AngelOfGod
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by AngelOfGod » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:35 pm

Thankfully no that's about it

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:57 am

Angel,
My advice would be to get legal assistance. I know it costs £1,200+ but it will give you the best chance of getting the application passed first time. The last thing you want is to be rejected and then have to go through the fighting your case route, which is lengthy and costly (as you will probably need legal support, and worrying.

However, I am not expert, but I don't think the previous errors will not come to light, the HO do not have time to go routing around and looking at all the details of your previous visit visa, as it was not rejected, they have no reason to look at it. But then, as I said I am not an expert.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:28 pm

The HO don't need to 'go routing around'. All information submitted with previous applications is held on the UKVI system and cross-matched with future visa applications.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.