ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Re: EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Post by ariskar » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:25 pm

it91 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:00 am
Hi all,
I wanted to share my good news.

My Pre Settled Status under Lounes Case granted, yay! (Letter dated 30st of August). Everything took about a month.

Good luck to all applicants under this scheme.
Congratulations it91!

I also have some news, they issued a CoA for the paper application on 9 September 2019. I called them up and both online and paper form applications are in progress at "eligibility phase". They mentioned that they would decide my application upon also formally answering our written complaint...

it91

Post by it91 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:14 pm

ariskar wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:25 pm
it91 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:00 am
Hi all,
I wanted to share my good news.

My Pre Settled Status under Lounes Case granted, yay! (Letter dated 30st of August). Everything took about a month.

Good luck to all applicants under this scheme.
Congratulations it91!

I also have some news, they issued a CoA for the paper application on 9 September 2019. I called them up and both online and paper form applications are in progress at "eligibility phase". They mentioned that they would decide my application upon also formally answering our written complaint...
Thanks and good luck!
Funny that they have two applications going at the same time. So if they’re both approved, you’ll get to BRCs? :)
24.01.15-31.12.19:Tier 4 visa
02.08.19: Applied to Lounes PSS
08.08.219: Passports back with biometrics letter
12.08.19: Biometrics submitted
15.08.19: CoA issued (received on 19th)
30.08.19: PSS Granted
09.09.19: BRC arrived
31.11.19:BRC replacement

Malik_01

Post by Malik_01 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:15 pm

Sky777 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 3:50 pm
Malik_01 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:32 pm
Hi Simone,

I still did not get the paper based application. i am told that they are going to send these this week, so should be with me by next week.

How about you?
Hi did u get u application paper one
Thank you
I got mine by calling them under Taufik Lounes case. Hope this helps. Sorry for late response.

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:20 am

We called them yesterday.

Application date: 30 June
Coa: 19 July
Procedural Complaint date: 2 August - promised answer in writing within 10 working days service standard
Progress call: 30 August - assigned to caseworker, awaiting decision
Progress call: 6 October - with caseworker, still awaiting decision, no answer to complaint either...

It makes you wonder about the competence of this Home Office department.

richiesuk

Post by richiesuk » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:26 pm

dear all,

I am a dual (Hugarian-British) citizen /gained my brit citizenship in 2016/ and my wife is from Peru.
here is our story so far:

-I lived in UK when I met my wife in Peru.

-We failed the spouse visa back in 2018 due to doing the wrong type of IELTS language exam.
After I left UK the Lounes case was implemented.

-She re did the right exam, but in the mean time I got an opportunity in Malta so we moved there.
She got a maltese Resident Card (family reunion) valid for 5 yrs

-My work contract expired in Malta recently and we had to move.

-We managed to qualify for family permit (Surinder Singh route route) which will expire on 4th November 2019.

-Got a job in NL and due to Brexit kerfuffle we decided to move there.

-She is 32 weeks pregnant now and she had some issues with the pregnancy, and we decided to moved back to Hungary in order to have my family around my wife, before and after of the birth.
She applied for the hungarian resident card.

-we went to UK just for a weekend and they stamped her FP and the immigration officer was super nice to us (saying that we have to go to the post office for the RP, etc)

What possibilities we have if we still want to live in UK after the birth of my child?
My son will be British-Hungarian citizen also.

if there is a deal with EU:
Can my wife come to UK with EU resident card and apply for settlement?
The fact that we did not use the FP is it a bad thing, or would this help if we wanted to apply again?

is it possible to do the Lounes route?

I lost confidence in Lawyers, most of them said, we would not qualify for Surinder Singh route either after the failed visa history.

thanks a lot,
Regards,
Richard