ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa for family member reason my wife is pregnant delivery due Jan 2020

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spreekhan

Visit visa for family member reason my wife is pregnant delivery due Jan 2020

Post by spreekhan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:08 pm

Hi.
I need to sponsor my family members on this occasion.
My wife is pregnant.
And doctors suggested c section which called cesarean.
I need some one to comes from back home Pakistan.
My wife also estema patient. At high risk by NHS.

And I have one school going daughter age 6.
I'm working so I need some one for 3 weeks from my family to look after my wife and daughter.

My question.

I live in 2 bedroom apartment. On rent.
So in total.
Husband
Wife
One kid 6 year.
And new born .
In 2 bedroom apartment is not fit by adequate accommodation requirements.

And taking new flat cost me a lot and it effects on my daughter school distance

When I sponsor any family member did home office raise this issue of adequate accommodation like spouse visa.
Because my family member comes for 2 or 3 week maximum.
So for three months I dont want to take new flat .

Or
I can book any hotel for three weeks .
Which cost me a lot.
Kindly update me .
Thankxx

iwolga

Re: Visit visa for family member reason my wife is pregnant delivery due Jan 2020

Post by iwolga » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:37 pm

Hi,

I don’t know for sure but I don’t see how they gonna check it? Questions re accommodation are not part of visitors questionnaire as far as I remember.

spreekhan

Re: Visit visa for family member reason my wife is pregnant delivery due Jan 2020

Post by spreekhan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:41 pm

When I apply I show my rental agreement its show its 2 bed apartment.
And I have contract for year in middle j cannot another flat just for visa only.

Than i have no choice of hotel booking.

It cost me 1500 pounds for 2 weeks which is waste of money.
Even after hotel booking paid they stay in my flat.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:50 pm

spreekhan wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:41 pm
When I apply I show my rental agreement its show its 2 bed apartment.
And I have contract for year in middle j cannot another flat just for visa only.

Than i have no choice of hotel booking.

It cost me 1500 pounds for 2 weeks which is waste of money.
Even after hotel booking paid they stay in my flat.
Personally I don’t think this is gonna be a problem. You can write a cover letter explaining the situation and say that you may rent a hotel if this is going to be inconvenient for your family otherwise.

For visitors visa what they are concerned with is a) the person will have sufficient funds while in UK and b) that the person will leave on time. I would focus on ties to home country and funds rather than accommodation. If you can prove you have money you can say you can rent a hotel. Whether you gonna do it at the end - another question. Mind that I’m NOT suggesting to lie to HO

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:08 pm

The living room can be included as a sleeping room. In which case, the accommodation will be adequate, especially considering two of the occupants will be a new born baby and a 6 year old child.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:43 pm

Size of your flat is never raised for visitor visa.

I used to invite my family when I was renting a small studio. This is not something that is checked or they asked you for during the visa process. The size of your flat doesn't matter for a visitor visa.

As long as you can show some utility bills with your address and name, happy days. No need to worry about hotels and things like that.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:45 pm

By the way, congratulations for the new one! You will see, a C-section is a Club Med vacation compared to the natural delivery!

All the best.