ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zeebro44

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Zeebro44 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:46 am

Hello all

After 6 month today I receive this email some body can tell me how long after this kind of email decision will arrive ??

Thank you for your e-mail

According to our system, to date, this application is being prepared for caseworker consideration. Once this application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

Thank you

nuna123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by nuna123 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:49 pm

Zeebro44 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:46 am
Hello all

After 6 month today I receive this email some body can tell me how long after this kind of email decision will arrive ??

According to our system, to date, this application is being prepared for caseworker consideration. Once this application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

Thank you
it wont take long hopefully under month.whats your nationality zeebro?

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:11 pm

nuna123 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:49 pm
Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello all

Thank you
Hi nuna I'm pakistani citizen I hope I will get possitive results

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:32 pm

Zeebro44 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:11 pm
nuna123 wrote:
Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello all

Thank you
Hi Zeebro44,
I’m guessing you will hopefully hear a good news soon. We are in a same boat as I have applied in 1st April and still waiting. Fingers crossed brother

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:16 pm

sam86ds wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:32 pm
Zeebro44 wrote:
nuna123 wrote:
Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello all

Thank you
Hi Zeebro44,
I’m guessing you will hopefully hear a good news soon. We are in a same boat as I have applied in 1st April and still waiting. Fingers crossed brother
Hi Sam what is your immigration status ?? I got refugee status ilr

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:19 pm

Zeebro44 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:16 pm
sam86ds wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:32 pm
Zeebro44 wrote:
nuna123 wrote:

Hi Zeebro44,
Hi Sam what is your immigration status ?? I got refugee status ilr
Useful to look at users previous posts instead of asking for information that has already been posted!!!
sam86ds wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:52 pm
Eligibility criteria: 5 Years + 1yr ILR (Refugee)
Language Criteria: Trinity College B1 + Life in the UK Test
Nationality : None EU
Method of application: Online (new service) + UKVCAS
Date of application: 01-April-2019
Payment method: Credit card
Date of acknowledgement: 24 April 2019
Date of debit of fees: 01-April-2019
Date of Biometric letter issued: N/A (UKVCAS)
Date of biometric letter received: N/A (UKVCAS)
Date Biometrics enrolled: 24-April-2019 (UKVCAS)
Date on Approval letter:waiting
Date of receipt of approval:waiting
Date of receipt of ceremony letter:waiting
Date of Ceremony:waiting
Date of Passport Application:waiting
Date of debit of fees:waiting
Date Passport to be received:waiting
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rollingcabbage
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by Rollingcabbage » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:30 am

Hi

pls help On the "immigration details " part of the online form, date of application, i know the date of ILR as its on the sticker but no sure when the application was made, should i leave the date blank?

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:15 am

As per the published information there are 4 stages in naturalisation application:
1. Case creation and validation
2. Security checks (automated or additional, depending on case by case)
3. Allocation to a caseworker
4. Decision and communication of decision

Original application: 23rd July 2019
Email response on 11 September (after 7 weeks): "Your application has been received and is currently at the validation stage of case creation" (obviously stage 1 per above)

My wife received the following wording from FurtherNationalityEnquiries on 1st October (after 10 weeks):
I can only comment that your application is ongoing in the application process - file created and awaiting allocation. As you may be aware, our service standard is that we will complete 100% of workable and straightforward cases within six months.
Is it reasonable to assume that the application was in the (3rd) stage (in the queue) of allocation to caseworker?

If so, from members' experience, who may have received progress email answers, how long did it take to get a decision from this point (3) onward? Thanks!

pickle314
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by pickle314 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:44 am

Does 10 year Long Residence application take so much longer than normal for HO to process? I feel like just looking at general timeline on this board, Refugee is the slowest, then 10 year LR (not married to BC), and the quickest seem to be 5 year route and married to BC. :shock: :shock: :shock:

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:19 am

Sania82 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:05 pm
Hi, I applied for naturalisation on the 19th of March this year and waited entire 6 months to hear from home office. Finally after 6 months date passed, I told my lawyer to inquire home office. She contacted them and they sent me an unfinished letter. Which tells clearly how unprofessional they are. The letter addresses me and says that we received your application and after considering we have come to the conclusion that it can’t be completed within 6 months time period. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible but will write to you if this is not possible. Mine was refugee route so I guess we are the lowest category for consideration even though we pay the same amount of fee as others. Really frustrated now as I don’t know how long more it’ll take. Tired of this whole process. Just wanted to share this with everyone going through the same as me
I have received exactly the same letter this morning!!

esi86
Newly Registered

Post by esi86 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:04 pm

Omot3 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:04 pm
Cool321 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:32 am
Omot3 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:23 am
Hello all,

I am new here but I have read most of your post.

Firstly I will like to say you, reading your post kept me sane and gave me some assurance even before I joined the forum.

Please I need some advice here as I have more confused than I was few days ago.
I applied for naturalisation on the 26th feb 2019, did biometric on the 5th of March. 6months after I applied, I got the standard “we hope to conclude with applications within 6months but in your case we couldn’t due to the complexity of the case” letter from home office. 2 weeks after that letter I emailed FMT and further nationality enquiry (got the emails from this forum, which I am very grateful for). I got replies from both emails, further nationality enquiry response was they will reply back to my email within 20 standard response time. FMT response the next was the will contact me via post within the next 21 days, this was on the 20th of September. I was honestly looking forward to a brown envelope going by people’s update here. But yesterday I got the below email from further nationality enquiry in response to my initial enquiry.
Thank you for your email.

I can only comment that your application is ongoing in the application(s) process. As you may be aware, our service standard is that we will complete 100% of workable and straightforward cases within six months. The definition of a workable case, and what we expect from our customers, is available on our website at: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk- ... r-services.

Where further information is required, the case will not be classed as workable, and may take longer to decide.

Regards
xx
Central Operations
UK Visas & Immigration

Any advice please, Thank you
Hi Generally 21 days email means decision letter, what can you do is that ,try FMT email again and request them if any correspondence has been posted to you ,hopefully they will reply and things would be clarified for you , Good luck for the outcome .
Update
Many thanks for you advise, I emailed FMT again and below is the reply I got from them.
Thank you for your further e-mail

On records confirm that a letter was sent to you on 30 August. Our enquiries on this application are ongoing and a decision cannot yet be made. Once the application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

FMT
FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

My guess is the 21 working day correspondence they were talking about was the “we hope to complete all application within 6months” letter I got from them before I made an enquiry as it was dated 30 August.
I have applied on the 16th April, today I got this email "According to our system as further enquiries are been made on this application in preparation for caseworker consideration. Therefore, it will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once this application is decided, You will be contacted by post".

sonata

Post by sonata » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:22 pm

pickle314 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:44 am
Does 10 year Long Residence application take so much longer than normal for HO to process? I feel like just looking at general timeline on this board, Refugee is the slowest, then 10 year LR (not married to BC), and the quickest seem to be 5 year route and married to BC. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Impossible to say as many people just say ILR (without specifying LR or not). Although we can never know what the circumstances of individual cases are or the associated internal processes. I have seen a 10 year ILR approved in 3 weeks. My view is we have been law abiding residents and waited in some cases for over 10 years. 3 months got nothing on that time. So we wait...

KatiSarah
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by KatiSarah » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:05 pm

I am wating for more than 7 months and I hold ILR refugee.I never had any penalty’s or fine.My DBS enhanced was issued in 2 hours as I work in a school.So I don’t think the delay is because of that only.

evalia
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by evalia » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:00 pm

sonata wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:22 pm
pickle314 wrote:
Impossible to say as many people just say ILR (without specifying LR or not). Although we can never know what the circumstances of individual cases are or the associated internal processes. I have seen a 10 year ILR approved in 3 weeks. My view is we have been law abiding residents and waited in some cases for over 10 years. 3 months got nothing on that time. So we wait...
I actually suspect it might also depend on the passport that you are currently holding? I have seen on the timeline applicants receiving the letter already, who have applied after me, but have exactly the same situation. (ILR (LR) + married to BC).

I find it awful that FMT replies back to us saying that applications are processed in the order they are received, but it is simply not true.

pickle314
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by pickle314 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:58 pm

evalia wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:00 pm
sonata wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:22 pm
pickle314 wrote:
I actually suspect it might also depend on the passport that you are currently holding? I have seen on the timeline applicants receiving the letter already, who have applied after me, but have exactly the same situation. (ILR (LR) + married to BC).

I find it awful that FMT replies back to us saying that applications are processed in the order they are received, but it is simply not true.

Yeah god knows! I hold a Canadian passport. Got the queen on our dollar bills but to be honest I don't think that makes any difference. Just want HO out of my life after 11 years! :evil: :evil:

KatiSarah
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by KatiSarah » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:02 pm

You are right pickle314 I suppose it doesn’t make any difference the passport that we hold.I come from a country that is in East Europe but not in EU.I assume that my delay is just because I hold refugee status.I never thought that the application will take so long,as when I applied for my doughters last year their British Registration certificates were issued in one week after biometrics.On 14th of October will be exactly 8 months since I applied.God help us,I don’t know what else to say.

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:31 pm

KatiSarah wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:05 pm
I am wating for more than 7 months and I hold ILR refugee.I never had any penalty’s or fine.My DBS enhanced was issued in 2 hours as I work in a school.So I don’t think the delay is because of that only.
Hello KatiSarah. I feel that they do in purpose and treat refugees really bad like, I am sorry for the word, trash. I so hate HO treating refugees this way. All my life I need to fight with them and prove something and never did anything bad in the country and pay all taxes.

nuna123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by nuna123 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:55 pm

PPTP wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:31 pm
KatiSarah wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:05 pm
Hello KatiSarah. I feel that they do in purpose and treat refugees really bad like, I am sorry for the word, trash. I so hate HO treating refugees this way. All my life I need to fight with them and prove something and never did anything bad in the country and pay all taxes.
That's true HO think Refugees are not even humans and we dont have feelings for waiting its clearly indication that they doing it for knowingly.I have seen people here getting within 2 weeks and refugees are getting in 2 years which is insane.

Adyslim123
Newly Registered

Post by Adyslim123 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:47 pm

Hello everyone and thank you for ur useful update
I need help please with this email from HO
I wrote an email on Friday to NationalitySupportTeam@homeoffice.gov.uk asking for an update
This is the reply I got today
I understand from our records that u were contacted by letter the 27th September.
This will take up to 21 woring days to receive.

Our preparatory on your application are currently ongoing. Hopefully this will not take too much longer to considered.
Once decided u will be contacted by ur caseworker.

Please help does this means my application is with a caseworker now??
Ur replies will be much appreciated
Thank u all.

nuna123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by nuna123 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:49 pm

Adyslim123 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:47 pm
I wrote an email on Friday to NationalitySupportTeam@homeoffice.gov.uk asking for an update
I understand from our records that u were contacted by letter the 27th September.

Our preparatory on your application are currently ongoing. Hopefully this will not take too much longer to considered.

Thank u all.
got same reply its still not with caseworker they are preparing it its still pending when your case is over 6 months they send this standard reply

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:44 am

nuna123 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:49 pm
Adyslim123 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:47 pm

Thank u all.
got same reply its still not with caseworker they are preparing it its still pending when your case is over 6 months they send this standard reply
Hi nuna its mean last week I got the email that was same thing or mine is different?? I'm worried too bro
What you think our cases are nearly to decide or its take longer ??

KatiSarah
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by KatiSarah » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:44 pm

Dear members,I just recived this email from ukvicontactcenter.

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Please be advised that a decision has been despatched.

Date posted: 27-Sep-2019

If you have not received your decision within 10 working days of the date posted please email FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Can someone please advise?Has anyone got the same replay?How was the outcome.
Thank you in advance.

Shah_123
Newly Registered

Post by Shah_123 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi everyone,
I have been reading through the timeline and unforutnately i have similar experience. It will be 6 months next week and have not heard anything. My solicitor thinks not a good idea to contact them before 6 months as it will delay the process.
I have refugee ILR and very clear history of living in UK and serving NHS england.

My next question is about travel. Is there a home office website link to support we can travel whilst awaiting naturlization? My solicitor keeps saying i should not travel to Europe whilst awaiting naturlization.

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:17 pm

Shah_123 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:12 pm
Hi everyone,
I have been reading through the timeline and unforutnately i have similar experience. It will be 6 months next week and have not heard anything. My solicitor thinks not a good idea to contact them before 6 months as it will delay the process.
I have refugee ILR and very clear history of living in UK and serving NHS england.

My next question is about travel. Is there a home office website link to support we can travel whilst awaiting naturlization? My solicitor keeps saying i should not travel to Europe whilst awaiting naturlization.

Many Thanks
And am sure he is charging you for giving you such wrong advice.

You are free to travel while you wait for a citizenship application.

The travel restriction while application is pending is ONLY relevant to immigration (visas and ILR) applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Heitomorrow

Post by Heitomorrow » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:54 pm

Hi

what are they really trying to say on the below email. Are they just start to make enquires or they have been completed the enquires. Any one can help me

According to our system as of 4TH October further enquiries have been made on this application in preparation for caseworker consideration. Once this application is decided, you will be contacted by post. Hopefully this will not be too much longer.

Thanks