ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the longest the first passport application can take?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cb090466
Newly Registered
Moldova

What is the longest the first passport application can take?

Post by cb090466 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:49 am

Hi everyone. I have a question that I really need help with.

I am asking this because I am moving to France in December for a masters course and I need my passports to travel, and I understand I need to surrender all existing passports when I apply for my first British one. Do you think it is worth taking the risk? Or is it possible to request for my passports to be returned ASAP without waiting for a British one? I live in London so I am happy to go to their offices to pick it up if that is an option.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What is the longest the first passport application can take?

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:53 am

Or is it possible to request for my passports to be returned ASAP without waiting for a British one?
Not really no.
I live in London so I am happy to go to their offices to pick it up if that is an option.
There is no such option for first adult passport.

Current timelines, if you read them, states 2 to 3 weeks for the passport process. It can take up to 6 weeks.

Not sure why you believe it will take months.

Obviously you can only apply for the passport once you have attended your ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Re: What is the longest the first passport application can take?

Post by apsk » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:01 am

Took my wife only 3 days with no interview and took me 6 weeks with interview. No standard timescale.