ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

peppizch
Newly Registered
Sweden

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by peppizch » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:47 pm
peppizch wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:37 pm
Congratulations, I'm happy for you!

Myself, I'm gonna be extremely pissed if they refuse to change my application (as it says you can't change it after paying), since this is obviously some kind of non-communicated website issue or something. How can something this important and life altering be this poorly run? Shameful
Likely you did not read the blurb that all members have reported seeing as far as I recall for a couple of weeks now. Note also that UKCVAS is NOT the Home Office. They are a third party agent contracted to do the document check and biometrics.
Service Update We are currently experiencing high demand for appointments for our UK Visa and Citizenship Service Centres which means you may have to wait longer than usual for an available appointment. We are working closely with our partner Sopra Steria to ensure additional appointments are made available at sites across the UK as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and would like to assure you that you have up to 45 working days to book an appointment once your application form has been submitted.
I did see the blurb. In what world would that mean that you can't choose the priority service? It reads as you will have to wait longer to get a date for the appointment, not that the option of priority service is currently not available at all.

I have not been on this site before this happened, since I found it after doing research about my problem. A friend of mine did the priority route earlier this week, so why would I think it's not available to me for some reason?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:55 pm

peppizch wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:53 pm
CR001 wrote:
peppizch wrote:

Myself, I'm gonna be extremely pissed if they refuse to change my application (as it says you can't change it after paying), since this is obviously some kind of non-communicated website issue or something. How can something this important and life altering be this poorly run? Shameful
Likely you did not read the blurb that all members have reported seeing as far as I recall for a couple of weeks now. Note also that UKCVAS is NOT the Home Office. They are a third party agent contracted to do the document check and biometrics.
Service Update We are currently experiencing high demand for appointments for our UK Visa and Citizenship Service Centres which means you may have to wait longer than usual for an available appointment. We are working closely with our partner Sopra Steria to ensure additional appointments are made available at sites across the UK as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and would like to assure you that you have up to 45 working days to book an appointment once your application form has been submitted.
I did see the blurb. In what world would that mean that you can't choose the priority service? It reads as you will have to wait longer to get a date for the appointment, not that the option of priority service is currently not available at all.

I have not been on this site before this happened, since I found it after doing research about my problem. A friend of mine did the priority route earlier this week, so why would I think it's not available to me for some reason?
So logically if there is no availability you can't be offered the choice of service. It might be route specifics, who knows. The same issue used to occur when it was PSC same day. High demand tends to do this.

You can't upgrade to super priority anymore with the new system either.

Standard service is 8 weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

peppizch
Newly Registered
Sweden

Post by peppizch » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:55 pm
peppizch wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:53 pm
CR001 wrote:
peppizch wrote:

So logically if there is no availability you can't be offered the choice of service. It might be route specifics, who knows. The same issue used to occur when it was PSC same day. High demand tends to do this.

You can't upgrade to super priority anymore with the new system either.

Standard service is 8 weeks.
Logically, when it comes to a matter of this magnitude (we are not talking about booking premiere cinema tickets, are we?), they should inform you that spots for the super priority service might open up during the day or coming days (like it did for other users on this forum). And then tell you that if you want to book a super priority appointment, you should hold off on your application until they open up.

Jonu25
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jonu25 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:06 pm

lequynhmai wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:32 pm
adisays wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:59 pm
I also have the same question - has anyone been able to see priority appt. availability yet? The earliest I can apply for ILR is October 17th, and I was also planning on doing the Super priority service.
Jonu25 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:47 pm
Hi,
Did you try today? Are you able to chose super priority.
I did try again today, but extremely early in the morning (8am) just in case they release a limited number of spots every day (Yesterday I tried at 530pm). This morning at 8am, I, fortunately, was able to see and select the Priority Service. I managed to secure an appointment in 2 days (this Saturday) - but of course, that's after paying £260 premium for the appointment... Now I hope they won't refund my Super Priority Service fees like they did to some other members here in the thread. Wish me luck!

Thank you @CR001 for your encouraging comments yesterday, I honestly had an emotional meltdown yesterday when I wasn't able to choose the Priority Service and saw all my business plans collapsing.
Glad you were able to book the super priority. Good luck for your application hope everything goes well.

mandnforever
Newly Registered
Antigua & Barbuda

Post by mandnforever » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:52 am

Hello all, I wonder if anyone can help. I applied for ILR after doing the 5year spouse route. However I applied super priority on Monday where I also had to pay an extra £260 for premium lounge as not much option was there. They responded to me the following day asking for further documents which by the way was not requested in the application submitted.

I immediately sent these to them via UKVCAS website as well as via the email account that had emailed me. The next day (Wednesday) I received an email early in the morning 8am to say the following:

''Thank you for your Super Priority Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
A letter has been issued to you via recorded delivery: KX..........GB. Please note your letter may not be traceable for the first 48 hours via the Royal Mail trace and track service.
Please await the receipt of this letter and follow the instructions provided.
Please note as we have begun consideration of your case within 24 hours of submission, we have met our obligations under the Super Priority service and you will therefore will not be eligible for a refund of the Super Priority fee''.

Thinking they didn't receive my documents I responded to ask if they did receive it because of them now sending a letter after I sent the extra documents. Here is the response:
''Good morning,
Thank you for your email!
I did receive the documents you sent, thank you for this''.

I emailed back asking if the letter could also be emailed, but no response, I once again emailed my urgency yesterday as we need to travel in two weeks time and the last time I got it the same day hence why we paid so much for it, still no response.

I have now decided I really need to seek some legal advice as I am not sure what is going on.

My question is has anyone ever received this type of email regarding waiting to get letter to follow instructions? Also is this a new thing about not refunding because they are claiming to have started working on the case in the required time? Seems an excellent get out clause there. I am not even too concerned about the refund just want an answer or else we can't travel which will terrible as it's important trip.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jonu25
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jonu25 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:36 am

mandnforever wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:52 am
Hello all, I wonder if anyone can help. I applied for ILR after doing the 5year spouse route. However I applied super priority on Monday where I also had to pay an extra £260 for premium lounge as not much option was there. They responded to me the following day asking for further documents which by the way was not requested in the application submitted.

I immediately sent these to them via UKVCAS website as well as via the email account that had emailed me. The next day (Wednesday) I received an email early in the morning 8am to say the following:

''Thank you for your Super Priority Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
A letter has been issued to you via recorded delivery: KX..........GB. Please note your letter may not be traceable for the first 48 hours via the Royal Mail trace and track service.
Please await the receipt of this letter and follow the instructions provided.
Please note as we have begun consideration of your case within 24 hours of submission, we have met our obligations under the Super Priority service and you will therefore will not be eligible for a refund of the Super Priority fee''.

Thinking they didn't receive my documents I responded to ask if they did receive it because of them now sending a letter after I sent the extra documents. Here is the response:
''Good morning,
Thank you for your email!
I did receive the documents you sent, thank you for this''.

I emailed back asking if the letter could also be emailed, but no response, I once again emailed my urgency yesterday as we need to travel in two weeks time and the last time I got it the same day hence why we paid so much for it, still no response.

I have now decided I really need to seek some legal advice as I am not sure what is going on.

My question is has anyone ever received this type of email regarding waiting to get letter to follow instructions? Also is this a new thing about not refunding because they are claiming to have started working on the case in the required time? Seems an excellent get out clause there. I am not even too concerned about the refund just want an answer or else we can't travel which will terrible as it's important trip.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

what further documents were asked that were not listed in the documents checklist? Thanks

Mooted56
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Mooted56 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:50 pm

Wait.. I'm freaking out now. So they are not offering super priority at the moment!? I've been counting on this and am eligible to apply next Friday 😭😭

rjc10184
Newly Registered
India

Post by rjc10184 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:06 pm

Damn!! I freaked out today too when I was about to submit and came across pay section with option just for Standard service. What route did you take for your ilr, 5 yrs or 10 yrs? Guess will have to hang on (though can do for maximum 45 days I think since I have already pressed the declaration) for a bit before paying.
lequynhmai wrote:
adisays wrote:
I also have the same question - has anyone been able to see priority appt. availability yet? The earliest I can apply for ILR is October 17th, and I was also planning on doing the Super priority service.
Jonu25 wrote:
Hi,
I did try again today, but extremely early in the morning (8am) just in case they release a limited number of spots every day (Yesterday I tried at 530pm). This morning at 8am, I, fortunately, was able to see and select the Priority Service. I managed to secure an appointment in 2 days (this Saturday) - but of course, that's after paying £260 premium for the appointment... Now I hope they won't refund my Super Priority Service fees like they did to some other members here in the thread. Wish me luck!

Thank you @CR001 for your encouraging comments yesterday, I honestly had an emotional meltdown yesterday when I wasn't able to choose the Priority Service and saw all my business plans collapsing.

mashayekh_hosein

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:09 pm

lequynhmai wrote:
adisays wrote:
Jonu25 wrote:
Hi,

So you hold off selecting between the standard and super priority service and keep refreshing the page every now and then until the super priority option appeared in the morning and then you booked it? So the super priority option appeared later on? And afterwards there was no biometric appointment available except premium lounge?

Mooted56
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Mooted56 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:36 pm

I will be applying 5 year spouse route :)

Jonu25
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jonu25 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:22 pm

Hi,
Can you go back and edit the application if you have already pressed the declaration and on pay webpage.
rjc10184 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:06 pm
Damn!! I freaked out today too when I was about to submit and came across pay section with option just for Standard service. What route did you take for your ilr, 5 yrs or 10 yrs? Guess will have to hang on (though can do for maximum 45 days I think since I have already pressed the declaration) for a bit before paying.
lequynhmai wrote:
adisays wrote:
Jonu25 wrote:
Hi,

rjc10184
Newly Registered
India

Post by rjc10184 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:02 pm

Yup you can.
Jonu25 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:22 pm
Hi,
Can you go back and edit the application if you have already pressed the declaration and on pay webpage.
rjc10184 wrote:
lequynhmai wrote:
adisays wrote:
Jonu25 wrote:
Hi,

lequynhmai
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by lequynhmai » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:46 am

rjc10184 wrote:
I applied through the Long Residence route - 10 years (Set LR).

lequynhmai
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by lequynhmai » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:11 am

mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:09 pm
So you hold off selecting between the standard and super priority service and keep refreshing the page every now and then until the super priority option appeared in the morning and then you booked it? So the super priority option appeared later on? And afterwards there was no biometric appointment available except premium lounge?
That’s correct. I have just finished my appointment; it was super quick (45 minutes) because I have uploaded everything myself at home (even though the scanning is included in the £260) for my own peace of mind. I think the availability of when the Superpriorty service appears is a bit of a lottery... Each to their own, you can wait for it to appear but also make sure to do the waiting within the safe time frame (before your current visa expires). (I’m not a professional immigration advisor, that’s just my opinion)

lequynhmai
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by lequynhmai » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:24 pm

Sharing my timeline and the great news. Hope this will help someone - don't lose hope! Extremely speedy service (1 working day) that totally exceeded my expectation!

Date application (online): 4/10/19 Super Priority Service (Friday) - My application is IRL 10 years long residence (Set LR)
Documents Uploaded through UKCVAS : 5/10/19 (Saturday)
Date of UKCVAS Appointment: 5/10/19 (Saturday) - Premium Lounge Appointment at Mark Lane Premium Lounge(£260 appointment)
Right to work website: Status changed around 3pm on 7/10/19 (Monday) saying there is no limit to how long I can stay in the UK.
Super Priority Notification Email: Received on 3:07pm on 7/10/19 - Approval!
Approval letter - Not yet received.
Biometric card - Not yet received.

Thank you everyone, especially CR001, for your encouragement throughout this process.

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:35 pm

Hi lequynhmai,

Congrats on completing the process!!

Just wondering, as you submitted your online application on Oct 4 when everyone was getting the message about priority appointments not being available - did you get the option to book super priority right away when you submitted your application? If not, did you wait and check again the next day or something? The earliest I am eligible to apply is Oct 18 so I'm hoping by then they will have sorted the mess with the priority appointments? Don't even care if the priority appointment is not till next month, just need it in time for December...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:38 pm

adisays wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:35 pm
Hi lequynhmai,

Just wondering, as you submitted your online application on Oct 4 when everyone was getting the message about priority appointments not being available - did you get the option to book super priority right away when you submitted your application? If not, did you wait and check again the next day or something? The earliest I am eligible to apply is Oct 18 so I'm hoping by then they will have sorted the mess with the priority appointments? Don't even care if the priority appointment is not till next month, just need it in time for December...
Useful to read the previous page where the user already posted and explained how they got an appointment.
lequynhmai wrote:
adisays wrote:
Jonu25 wrote:
Hi,

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lequynhmai
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by lequynhmai » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:52 pm

adisays wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:35 pm
Hi lequynhmai,

If it is helpful to you - this is what the screen looks like on Oct 4 when I checked at 530pm: https://ibb.co/w76XWfM

And this is what the screen looks like on Oct 5 when I checked at 8am:
https://ibb.co/zNByXm0

I know the situation's extremely unnerving, but don't worry - everything will turn out well in the end!

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:56 pm

That is incredibly helpful, thank you lequynhmai. I presume you were just able to log back in the next morning when you checked again? I don't want it to do something funky when I get to the payment page. Also, do you have 45 days from the date of the application to choose an appointment time / type of service, or 45 days from the date of your visa expiry? I presume since you checked the declaration on the 4th, this was your application date even if you booked the premium appointment the next day

lequynhmai
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by lequynhmai » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:01 pm

adisays wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:56 pm
That is incredibly helpful, thank you lequynhmai. I presume you were just able to log back in the next morning when you checked again? I don't want it to do something funky when I get to the payment page. Also, do you have 45 days from the date of the application to choose an appointment time / type of service, or 45 days from the date of your visa expiry? I presume since you checked the declaration on the 4th, this was your application date even if you booked the premium appointment the next day

" I presume you were just able to log back in the next morning when you checked again?"

That's correct.

"Also, do you have 45 days from the date of the application to choose an appointment time / type of service, or 45 days from the date of your visa expiry? "
I have no idea about this, perhaps you should check with a lawyer. I would not personally risk your visa expiring and not paying/applying.

"I presume since you checked the declaration on the 4th, this was your application date even if you booked the premium appointment the next day"
I think your application date is after you select the service and pay, so for me, that would be the 4th, yes. But I could be wrong, the agent at the premium lounge center told me the documents are sent to the Home Office on the 5th by 10 pm, I asked him to just send it during our appointment. So I'm not sure if it is the date of paying, or the date the Home Office receiving the documents from UKVCAS.

Vahidr
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Vahidr » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:52 pm

peppizch wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:31 pm
I didn't have the option to choose super priority either yesterday (10 year ILR route). I paid the standard fee, assuming the option to pay 800 extra would come at some other point afterwards.

This is crazy, why would they remove the option to get the super priority service without saying anything about it? People plan their lives around this, now I can't leave the country for maybe 6 months when I expected to have it in a week?
Hi peppizch,

I am really sorry to hear that. Could you change your appointment? I am also applying under "10 year ILR route" and only see one option (standard service) for payment on HO website. I was about to proceed assuming I will be given a chance to pay for premium service later on. What do you suggest? Should I pay this fee and go to the next step?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:55 pm

Vahidr wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:52 pm
peppizch wrote:
I didn't have the option to choose super priority either yesterday (10 year ILR route). I paid the standard fee, assuming the option to pay 800 extra would come at some other point afterwards.

This is crazy, why would they remove the option to get the super priority service without saying anything about it? People plan their lives around this, now I can't leave the country for maybe 6 months when I expected to have it in a week?
Hi peppizch,

I am really sorry to hear that. Could you change your appointment? I am also applying under "10 year ILR route" and only see one option (standard service) for payment on HO website. I was about to proceed assuming I will be given a chance to pay for premium service later on. What do you suggest? Should I pay this fee and go to the next step?
You won't get a premium option on the next screen. If you proceed it will be standard service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Vahidr
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Vahidr » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:55 pm
Vahidr wrote:
peppizch wrote:

Hi peppizch,

You won't get a premium option on the next screen. If you proceed it will be standard service.
Thanks for your propmpt response. But why? I am struggling to understand how I should go about this? Do you know why I have not been given the option to pay for super premium service?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:39 pm

Vahidr wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:12 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:55 pm
Vahidr wrote:
peppizch wrote:

Hi peppizch,

Thanks for your propmpt response. But why? I am struggling to understand how I should go about this? Do you know why I have not been given the option to pay for super premium service?
High demand and lack of available appointments.

Note it is Super Priority not Super Premium which is something different that costs or used to cost £10,000.

You also no longer have an option of upgrading standard service to super priority after submission and payment etc. If you proceed and pay standard, that is all you get.

Useful to read the previous page of this topic and you will see it is many members experiencing the same issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

KathyR
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by KathyR » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:10 am

How do you choose Super Premium?

I thought when you pay there are two options - Standard and Super Priority?