ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

asadaqeel
Mood:

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by asadaqeel » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:20 pm

It has been more than 4 months for me. Worried now

Fani1
Newly Registered

Post by Fani1 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:10 am

asadaqeel wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:20 pm
It has been more than 4 months for me. Worried now
On the same boat brother, and the issue is that they do not have a maximum time limit to resolve a case.

asadaqeel
Mood:

Post by asadaqeel » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:03 am

Bro i couldnt provide my ex valid ID, i believe thats the reason of delay.

Kamote0926
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by Kamote0926 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:12 pm

PRISCYOBI wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:42 pm
Adnane2015 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:23 pm
Is there any deadline by which they must answer !! it seams like they can take as much time as they like ....
my case now is been 4 months and still waiting .....
The waiting is alarming! Please just want to ask if anyone know how long it takes to receive a decision after COA, it took 6 weeks for me to get it and now I dont know how long I have to wait for the decision.
Hi, May I ask when did you recieved your COA? Thanks

PRISCYOBI
Newly Registered

Post by PRISCYOBI » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:11 pm

Kamote0926 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:12 pm
PRISCYOBI wrote:
Adnane2015 wrote:
Is there any deadline by which they must answer !! it seams like they can take as much time as they like ....
The waiting is alarming! Please just want to ask if anyone know how long it takes to receive a decision after COA, it took 6 weeks for me to get it and now I dont know how long I have to wait for the decision.
@K, I received it on the 4th of October. 6 weeks after Biometrics.

Kamote0926
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by Kamote0926 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:37 am

PRISCYOBI wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:11 pm
Kamote0926 wrote:
PRISCYOBI wrote:
Adnane2015 wrote:

Hi, I recieved mine 30th of Sept. In the COA its says " you will recieved a decision shortly" but the question is how long is that "shortly" a weeks a month or a year? 😂😂😂 we dont know. Some people here they havent recieved anything even coa for more than 2-3 months. This is really frustrating

PRISCYOBI
Newly Registered

Post by PRISCYOBI » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:59 am

Kamote0926 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:37 am
PRISCYOBI wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:11 pm
Kamote0926 wrote:
PRISCYOBI wrote:

Hi, I recieved mine 30th of Sept. In the COA its says " you will recieved a decision shortly" but the question is how long is that "shortly" a weeks a month or a year? 😂😂😂 we dont know. Some people here they havent recieved anything even coa for more than 2-3 months. This is really frustrating
Hi K, it is really frustrating, though some people recieve their decision within days after COA, av seen someone that recieved decision within minutes but I understand everyone's case is different, so this days I try to keep myself busy to distract my thoughts. Let's hope and pray that shortly will be shortly😂😂😂😂😂

Manmoth
Newly Registered

Post by Manmoth » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:56 am

Just an update - wife received her pre-settled status yesterday. They left a voicemail for her to call back, figured they needed more evidence or something, but turns out it was just to tell her she was approved.

In terms of timelines, she applied on the 15th May. Almost 5 months in total.

asadaqeel
Mood:

Post by asadaqeel » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:41 pm

Hi Congratulations.

Please can you share your timeline and also advise what nationality was your wife and what document she had to provide ?

Many Thanks
Asad

Nasara1

Post by Nasara1 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:45 pm

BellaKris wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:50 pm
Hi All,

Please I need advice, my husband is Irish and I am Non-EU. I made my application:
Applied to the scheme: 28-09-2019.
Received notice to submit passport. Then I realised there was a mistake as I didn't get mail for biometrics collection. Went back to the submitted application and noticed, I had filled out my Tier 4 BRP number thinking it was any BRP or BRC that was required.

Has any made an error and have HO cancel it or withdraw it themselves? I need help please. Thanks
I made a mistake when I was filling my form.Filled the valid from date of my passport instead of the expiry.I realised after sending it.I sent them letter to notify them and called several time to checked if it has been amended.I was told there is a note on my file to that effect,but has been amended on my form.I've been waiting since 12th if July when I had my biometric.Got my COA on the 19th of July.Still waiting.

Nasara1

Post by Nasara1 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:47 pm

sista wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:18 pm
Hi everyone
This is my timeline. I applied online as I do not have a biometrics residence card.

Application type: Non EU
Applied on: 18th Aug 2019
Biometrics: 22nd Aug 2019
COA: 4th October 2019 - 4.04pm
Settled status: 4th October 2019 - 4.08pm

My husband and children with Portuguese passports applied and got status within 2 days of application.

Hope it helps someone.
Thanks for your update.Congratulations.

Rania Anwar
Newly Registered

Post by Rania Anwar » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:22 pm

Hi guys anybody have idea if someone have permanent residency card as non eu family member and they apply for setteld status after have many days they will get decision please Reply me thanks.

BellaKris
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by BellaKris » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:26 pm

Nasara1 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:45 pm
BellaKris wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:50 pm
Hi All,

Please I need advice, my husband is Irish and I am Non-EU. I made my application:
Applied to the scheme: 28-09-2019.
Received notice to submit passport. Then I realised there was a mistake as I didn't get mail for biometrics collection. Went back to the submitted application and noticed, I had filled out my Tier 4 BRP number thinking it was any BRP or BRC that was required.

Has any made an error and have HO cancel it or withdraw it themselves? I need help please. Thanks
I made a mistake when I was filling my form.Filled the valid from date of my passport instead of the expiry.I realised after sending it.I sent them letter to notify them and called several time to checked if it has been amended.I was told there is a note on my file to that effect,but has been amended on my form.I've been waiting since 12th if July when I had my biometric.Got my COA on the 19th of July.Still waiting.
Wow, Sorry about that. I am hoping yours comes out soon. I am waiting on them now as I was told same thing about a note being left on my form to effect the changes. I just have to post my passport to them soon.

Peace202002
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Peace202002 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:44 pm

Hello All,
I trust you’re all keeping well.
I would be grateful if you can answer my query regarding the non-EU family member settlement scheme.
I’m a non-EU family member married to an EU citizen, November this year I will complete 5 years in the UK, my residency was given to me based on 5 years rout (2 x 32 months) for spouse of a settled person in the UK.
My wife has recently applied and received her EU settlement, So can I apply for Non-EU family member settlement next month bearing in mind that I did not apply as a non-EU family member at the first place? Do you think I have a chance to apply for non -EU family member settlement? Or would my application get rejected?

or do I have to apply for ILR after my further leave to remain?

I would really really appreciate your comments and advice on this.
Thank you,
AA

Manmoth
Newly Registered

Post by Manmoth » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:56 am

Peace202002 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:44 pm
Hello All,
I trust you’re all keeping well.
I would be grateful if you can answer my query regarding the non-EU family member settlement scheme.
I’m a non-EU family member married to an EU citizen
Do they only hold a non-UK, EU nationality? If they're a dual UK citizen then the application can be rejected. But then I guess she wouldn't have gotten her EU settlement.
, November this year I will complete 5 years in the UK, my residency was given to me based on 5 years rout (2 x 32 months) for spouse of a settled person in the UK.
My wife has recently applied and received her EU settlement, So can I apply for Non-EU family member settlement next month bearing in mind that I did not apply as a non-EU family member at the first place? Do you think I have a chance to apply for non -EU family member settlement? Or would my application get rejected?
I don't think it matters what route you went down before, just what your criteria are now. However, having e.g. a previously received EU residence card can make the application easier because you already proved during that application that you have a valid relationship with your spouse, therefore don't need to re-prove, and you don't have to get your bio-metric information taken again.

Manmoth
Newly Registered

Post by Manmoth » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:07 am

asadaqeel wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:41 pm
Hi Congratulations.

Please can you share your timeline and also advise what nationality was your wife and what document she had to provide ?

Many Thanks
Asad
My overall timeline:
Wife: Singaporean.
Got married October 2014 in Singapore - was a dual Irish/British citizen.
Renounced British citizenship November 2014. Now only Irish.
EU family permit achieved ~January 2015.
She arrives here (Northern Ireland) February 2015.
Biometric Residence Card achieved ~June 2016.
Applied for pre-settled status May 2019:
Didn't have to submit too much in the way of documentation due to previous BRC application. Think it was a few months' worth of bank statements, our passports, and a scan of the residence card. Didn't have to provide the marriage certificate again (it has my old UK passport number on it, so didn't want to risk confusion from that anyway).
Not sure when COA was received, it's probably in her Junk folder lol.
Pre-settled status received October 2019.
I guess we'll be trying to upgrade it to settled in February, but we don't have many documents from the first few years because we sent them all with an Irish citizenship application for her last year, which was rejected, and they refuse to give back any documents proving residence... hopefully we can just print off P60s or something.

Peace202002
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Peace202002 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:13 am

Hello,
Thank you very much for you advice and in answering to your question;
My wife is an EU citizen and she doesn’t have a British citizenship. She has been living in the UK before her country joined the EU, as she had to obtain ILR on her passport.
I applied as a spouse of a settled person in the UK (not EU family member), so I had to do two applications during the 5 years (leave to enter the UK and then further leave to remain). So logically I should be applying for ILR at the end of this route, but since I can see that all Non-EU family member conditions apply on me plus I don’t have the 3,200 GBP application fees, I thought it is worth checking if I’m entitled to apply for the EU statement scheme or not? As I also don’t want my application to get rejected for applying and completing the wrong or inappropriate application.

I hope it is clear now and I really appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,
AA

Manmoth
Newly Registered

Post by Manmoth » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:25 am

Peace202002 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:13 am
Hello,
Thank you very much for you advice and in answering to your question;
My wife is an EU citizen and she doesn’t have a British citizenship. She has been living in the UK before her country joined the EU, as she had to obtain ILR on her passport.
I applied as a spouse of a settled person in the UK (not EU family member), so I had to do two applications during the 5 years (leave to enter the UK and then further leave to remain). So logically I should be applying for ILR at the end of this route, but since I can see that all Non-EU family member conditions apply on me plus I don’t have the 3,200 GBP application fees, I thought it is worth checking if I’m entitled to apply for the EU statement scheme or not? As I also don’t want my application to get rejected for applying and completing the wrong or inappropriate application.

I hope it is clear now and I really appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,
AA
It sounds like you should be fine, since your residence here was based on your relationship to your EU spouse and was valid. I'd imagine people trying to transition from a student visa or something could potentially run into issues, but don't see an issue in your case.

nikolaas
Newly Registered

Post by nikolaas » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:50 am

Application type: EUSS Non-EU (Surinder Singh)
Sent paper application on: 1st Oct 2019
Application received by HO on: 7th Oct 2019 (was sent from the Netherlands)
Biometrics: ...
COA: ...
Pre-settled status: ...

Buloy214
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Buloy214 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:46 pm

Good day everyone. I just wanted to get a piece of advice regarding my situation.
I am non eu married to eu national for 6 yrs until present. I was married Feb. 2013, my wife and I live together for 3 yrs, then we decided to get seperated after 3 yrs but never divorse. Year 2016, she went back to Italy, and shes been away like 6-7 months, then she came back to uk to work. For some reason, she decided again to go back to Italy Dec. 2018. Before she left, she is aware that may Residence Permit will be expiring Jan 2019. So she left her passport, and p60 together with all her payslip incase I applied for PR before my Visa expired. By January 2019, I applied for PR, but I was denied, for the reason of invalid ID from my wife, as her passport was reported as lost and stolen. Anyway, after 6 months of trying to get in touch with her, she finally contacted me, and she said she will apply for the settlement scheme. Not sure weather she will be qualified as she has been out of the Uk since Dec. 2018, and for me If I am eligible to apply as my Visa already expired sinced January 2019. so technically I am a overstayer, and not allowed to be in the UK as my wife was not in here.My question is, Do you think if she applied for the scheme, even though she is not here in UK, will the HO accept her application? And if I link my application to her, would it be a problem because my Residence Permit already expired last January 2019? My applogies for my long post, if someone could share the same boat as mine, please kindly share your exp. Thank you so much.

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Hi all
I have applied under the EUSS on 24-04-2019 and I am yet to receive my decision.
Is it ok to add more evidence event hough I wasnt asked to provide anything yet.

iibdii

Post by iibdii » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:51 pm

Manmoth wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:07 am
asadaqeel wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:41 pm
Hi Congratulations.

Many Thanks
Asad
My overall timeline:
Wife: Singaporean.
Got married October 2014 in Singapore - was a dual Irish/British citizen.
Renounced British citizenship November 2014. Now only Irish.
EU family permit achieved ~January 2015.
She arrives here (Northern Ireland) February 2015.
Biometric Residence Card achieved ~June 2016.
Applied for pre-settled status May 2019:
Didn't have to submit too much in the way of documentation due to previous BRC application. Think it was a few months' worth of bank statements, our passports, and a scan of the residence card. Didn't have to provide the marriage certificate again (it has my old UK passport number on it, so didn't want to risk confusion from that anyway).
Not sure when COA was received, it's probably in her Junk folder lol.
Pre-settled status received October 2019.
I guess we'll be trying to upgrade it to settled in February, but we don't have many documents from the first few years because we sent them all with an Irish citizenship application for her last year, which was rejected, and they refuse to give back any documents proving residence... hopefully we can just print off P60s or something.
Congratulations that certainly took some time, could i ask you did you mention your British nationality at all in her pre settlement application or if they asked anything?
I am in same dilemma was given EU family permit without needing to renouncing the British nationality, that one is finished now and partner is still dual so i am afraid its gonna be an issue. Applied 6th August so only 2 months yet, evidence were requested last month and further request this month all submitted.

iibdii

Post by iibdii » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:56 pm

Buloy214 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:46 pm
Good day everyone. I just wanted to get a piece of advice regarding my situation.
I am non eu married to eu national for 6 yrs until present. I was married Feb. 2013, my wife and I live together for 3 yrs, then we decided to get seperated after 3 yrs but never divorse. Year 2016, she went back to Italy, and shes been away like 6-7 months, then she came back to uk to work. For some reason, she decided again to go back to Italy Dec. 2018. Before she left, she is aware that may Residence Permit will be expiring Jan 2019. So she left her passport, and p60 together with all her payslip incase I applied for PR before my Visa expired. By January 2019, I applied for PR, but I was denied, for the reason of invalid ID from my wife, as her passport was reported as lost and stolen. Anyway, after 6 months of trying to get in touch with her, she finally contacted me, and she said she will apply for the settlement scheme. Not sure weather she will be qualified as she has been out of the Uk since Dec. 2018, and for me If I am eligible to apply as my Visa already expired sinced January 2019. so technically I am a overstayer, and not allowed to be in the UK as my wife was not in here.My question is, Do you think if she applied for the scheme, even though she is not here in UK, will the HO accept her application? And if I link my application to her, would it be a problem because my Residence Permit already expired last January 2019? My applogies for my long post, if someone could share the same boat as mine, please kindly share your exp. Thank you so much.
Did u have your EEA permit during the time you were together? If you completed 3 years you can apply on your own, will take some time but at least once coa comes you will not be overstayer.
Do it through their website you have nothing to lose keep that expired permit safe as that is main document that will get you settled status

Miank123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Miank123 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:08 pm

Hi applied surender Singh paper applications under the EU settlement scheme and still waiting .
Don’t have ukrc !!
Applied : 13 /05/2019
Biomimetics : 14/06/2019
COA received: 13 /08/2019
Decision: still pending.

abimfol
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by abimfol » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:59 am

Hi guys please does anyone know if I can leave the country to return later? I have a valid EU settlement scheme family permit issued for 6 months expiring in January. I've applied for pre-settled status no COA yet nothing but I just want to know if I leave the country won't affect my application and can I enter the UK with my current visa?

Please advise

Regards