ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent request -Job creation

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Enquiry Consent letter and documents required for dependent applications

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:51 am

When we say we need to hire the settle person, could you please tell what their requirements should be as per the immigration ?
Settled = a British or EU citizen or a person with ILR.
Can Hire four international students for 17 hours per week and claim of creating two full time jobs.
If they are on tier 4 student visas holders, then they won't count for employment as they are not settled.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Re: Tier 1 Enquiry Consent letter and documents required for dependent applications

Post by msx273 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:45 am

Thank you so much CR001 , much apprecited

if I hire four settled person for 16 hours per week, I can claim them as two full time right

I got my tier 1 Ent visa in August 2019

Regards,
Abuhf
CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:51 am
When we say we need to hire the settle person, could you please tell what their requirements should be as per the immigration ?
Can Hire four international students for 17 hours per week and claim of creating two full time jobs.
If they are on tier 4 student visas holders, then they won't count for employment as they are not settled.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:00 pm

Hi Mods,
thank you so much , much apprecited

if I hire four settled person for 16 hours per week, I can claim them as two full time right

Regards,
Abuhf
abuhf wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:45 am
Thank you so much CR001 , much apprecited

Regards,
Abuhf
CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:51 am

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:41 pm

abuhf wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:00 pm
Hi Mods,

Regards,
Abuhf
As you probably have been told many time or at least this has been mentioned on the forum many times - it is not number of employees or staff.

If you create 4 JOBS of 16 hrs each, they would equal 2 full time equivalent JOBS.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:12 pm

Thank you so much Marcnath, much appreciated 😊
marcnath wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:41 pm
abuhf wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:00 pm
Hi Mods,

Regards,
Abuhf
As you probably have been told many time or at least this has been mentioned on the forum many times - it is not number of employees or staff.

If you create 4 JOBS of 16 hrs each, they would equal 2 full time equivalent JOBS.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:59 pm

Dear Experts,

i'm going to change address of my company to my home which I'm going to rent an residential flat from third week of this month and could you please tell me what are the clause I need to inform estage agent to add on the tenancy agreement.

Also kindly enlighten me on the below senario

After transferring GBP 200K in my business account, if I didnt spend the whole GBP 200K in 3 years 4 months is it ok ?

I will hire minimum two full time staff of settled person and pay thet atleast NMW for 35 hours per week for the perid of one year ore more

My business does not require that much funds so kindly advise , is it ok keep the funds in business account after investing, is it ok ?

If I hire staff after two years is it ok ?

since my business is digital, I manage most of the work and I have my staff back home who help me with process and administration work

please advise

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:55 pm

abuhf wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:59 pm
Dear Experts,

i'm going to change address of my company to my home which I'm going to rent an residential flat from third week of this month and could you please tell me what are the clause I need to inform estage agent to add on the tenancy agreement.
There is no specific clause to be added. Most rental contracts have a clause preventing you from using it as a business premises. You may want to have that removed.
Of course, even better is to have a clause that says you are allowed to conduct business from the premises.
abuhf wrote:

After transferring GBP 200K in my business account, if I didnt spend the whole GBP 200K in 3 years 4 months is it ok ?
Yes
abuhf wrote:

I will hire minimum two full time staff of settled person and pay thet atleast NMW for 35 hours per week for the perid of one year ore more

My business does not require that much funds so kindly advise , is it ok keep the funds in business account after investing, is it ok ?
Yes
abuhf wrote:

Yes
abuhf wrote:

since my business is digital, I manage most of the work and I have my staff back home who help me with process and administration work

please advise
With the scenario above, you will meet the conditions for award of points under the immigration rules.

As you have seen in many posts, genuineness tests are something that is difficult to figure out
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:09 pm

Dear Marcnath,

You have been so supportive, Thanks is not enough to thank you

is there any time limit to transfer the 200K funds to UK and invest since i got my visa in August

what is the best way to transfer funds from India to UK, does it only have to be via bank or we can use some exchange partners like western union or moneygram or Xe ?

I have not opened the savings account yet since I didnt get the possession of flat yet, can i transfer the funds to my business account directly in UK or i have to transfer to savings first and do the directors loan ?

Kindly advise
marcnath wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:55 pm
abuhf wrote:
Dear Experts,

There is no specific clause to be added. Most rental contracts have a clause preventing you from using it as a business premises. You may want to have that removed.
Of course, even better is to have a clause that says you are allowed to conduct business from the premises.
abuhf wrote:

Yes
abuhf wrote:

Yes
abuhf wrote:

Yes
abuhf wrote:

please advise
With the scenario above, you will meet the conditions for award of points under the immigration rules.

As you have seen in many posts, genuineness tests are something that is difficult to figure out

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:38 pm

abuhf wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:09 pm
is there any time limit to transfer the 200K funds to UK and invest since i got my visa in August

No. As long as the it’s transferred before you apply for ext.

what is the best way to transfer funds from India to UK, does it only have to be via bank or we can use some exchange partners like western union or moneygram or Xe ?

Whatever’s convenient for you.

I have not opened the savings account yet since I didnt get the possession of flat yet, can i transfer the funds to my business account directly in UK or i have to transfer to savings first and do the directors loan ?

Either is fine. Better to go for a directors loan. .

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:15 pm

Thank you so much Aman, Much appreciated.

I will look for the best possible options to transfer , the comment you gave was so useful,

I assume that after brexit the GBP will flucutae and its a best time to transfer.

Do i have to transfer all in one shot or can i tranfer in installments ?

In 3 years time if I create a below , can i apply directly for ILR

3 full time sales assistant - more than 30 hours per week
2 Team leaders - more than 30 hours per week
2 teachers - more than 30 hours per week
1 Manager - more than 30 hours per week
1 Accountant - more than 30 hours per week
1 clerck - more than 30 hours per week

Kindly advise

Regards,
Abuhf

aman90 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:38 pm
abuhf wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:09 pm

No. As long as the it’s transferred before you apply for ext.

Whatever’s convenient for you.

Either is fine. Better to go for a directors loan. .

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:35 pm

abuhf wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:15 pm

I can’t speculate on currency exchange post Brexit.
Again you can do however it’s convenient and you keep a proper paperwork trail.
Yes, seems likely. Keep abreast on the guidance.
If you manage to hire all the above in the last 12 months prior to extension.. you should be eligible for accelerated ILR route.
Keep in mind even if you manage to get ILR, you will still need to complete 5 years residence in UK to get naturalised.. well unless you marry a British citizen.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Thank you so much Aman,

ILR is very important as it will not have lot of immigration conditions attached to it

Also i heard that after gettting ILR we can apply to British citizen with in one year after getting LIUK test

Is it true ?

As mentioned in my previous posts, my business which i showed on my business plan does not require GBP 200K investment so I want to diversify my business by investing in very low risk business likes petrol bunk, conviient shops etcc to keep the funds working

Your feedback is muh appreciated
aman90 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:35 pm
abuhf wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:15 pm

I can’t speculate on currency exchange post Brexit.
Again you can do however it’s convenient and you keep a proper paperwork trail.
Yes, seems likely. Keep abreast on the guidance.
If you manage to hire all the above in the last 12 months prior to extension.. you should be eligible for accelerated ILR route.
Keep in mind even if you manage to get ILR, you will still need to complete 5 years residence in UK to get naturalised.. well unless you marry a British citizen.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:06 pm

abuhf wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:55 pm

1. Also i heard that after gettting ILR we can apply to British citizen with in one year after getting LIUK test. Is it true ?

2. As mentioned in my previous posts, my business which i showed on my business plan does not require GBP 200K investment so I want to diversify my business by investing in very low risk business likes petrol bunk, conviient shops etcc to keep the funds working.
1. Not in the case of accelerated ILR.
The basic condition for British citizenship is to have lived in the United Kingdom for atleast 5 years. With one year free of immigration control(ILR)
You will have to pass LIUK to apply for ILR.

2. Sounds like you have thought it out.
As this is not a business forum I can’t discuss any further. Good luck

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:31 pm

abuhf wrote:

As mentioned in my previous posts, my business which i showed on my business plan does not require GBP 200K investment so I want to diversify my business by investing in very low risk business likes petrol bunk, conviient shops etcc to keep the funds working

Investing the money into other businesses purely for "keeping the funds working" is likely to be rejected by HO as investment for T1E

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:02 pm

Hi Marcnath

Thank you for cautioning me

I understand that with tier 1 entrepreneur there is no restrictions on the number of business we do.

Since my intended business does not require the whole funds of £200k I want to invest in other business too

Please assist

Regards
Abuhf
quote=marcnath post_id=1836857 time=1571077872 user_id=76145]
abuhf wrote:

Investing the money into other businesses purely for "keeping the funds working" is likely to be rejected by HO as investment for T1E
[/quote]

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:45 am

abuhf wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:02 pm
Hi Marcnath

I understand that with tier 1 entrepreneur there is no restrictions on the number of business we do.

Since my intended business does not require the whole funds of £200k I want to invest in other business too

Please assist

Regards
Abuhf
abuhf wrote:

Not sure what assistance you want.

I obviously can't or not willing to help you work around or break immigration rules.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:38 pm

Hi Marcnath,

Thank you for your care and continued support

All I want to know is can I Invest in many businesses including my intended business what mentioned in business plan ?

Hope i’m clear

Please assist

quote=marcnath post_id=1837037 time=1571136335 user_id=76145]
abuhf wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:02 pm
Hi Marcnath

Please assist

Regards
Abuhf
abuhf wrote:

Not sure what assistance you want.

I obviously can't or not willing to help you work around or break immigration rules.
[/quote]

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:31 am

abuhf wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:38 pm
Hi Marcnath,

All I want to know is can I Invest in many businesses including my intended business what mentioned in business plan ?

Hope i’m clear

Please assist

You can run as many businesses as you like.

I am not sure what you mean by "invest" in a business though. You have got an Entrepreneur Visa, not an Investor visa (which is no longer issued anyway).

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:34 am

Hi Marcnath

May be I was not clear In writing my message

What exactly I mean is As mentioned in my previous posts, my business which i intended to and and showed on my business plan does not require GBP 200K funds as my intended business requires less than £25k so I want to diversify my business by being a director of more other business with low risk business likes petrol bunk, conviient shops etcc to keep the funds working as I don’t want to keep £175k sitting idle in my business account

To give much better break down how funds spend on my tier 1 with two full time employees lasting Atleast one year with more than 30 hours per week

My intended business ( consulting ) - £25k
Petrol bunk - £50k
Pizza shop - £50k
Tuition centre - £ 35k
Convinient shop- £40k

I will be director of all the above and i’m Confident that I will create Atleast two full time jobs in each of Business Lasting one year each thus creating 10 full time job

So based on above can I apply for ILR ?

Your feedback is much appreciated, kindly correct me if any of the above is not relevant

marcnath wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:31 am
abuhf wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:38 pm
Hi Marcnath,

Hope i’m clear

Please assist

You can run as many businesses as you like.

I am not sure what you mean by "invest" in a business though. You have got an Entrepreneur Visa, not an Investor visa (which is no longer issued anyway).

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:08 am

abuhf wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:34 am
Hi Marcnath

What exactly I mean is As mentioned in my previous posts, my business which i intended to and and showed on my business plan does not require GBP 200K funds as my intended business requires less than £25k so I want to diversify my business by being a director of more other business with low risk business likes petrol bunk, conviient shops etcc to keep the funds working as I don’t want to keep £175k sitting idle in my business account

To give much better break down how funds spend on my tier 1 with two full time employees lasting Atleast one year with more than 30 hours per week

Petrol bunk - £50k
Pizza shop - £50k
Tuition centre - £ 35k
Convinient shop- £40k

I will be director of all the above and i’m Confident that I will create Atleast two full time jobs in each of Business Lasting one year each thus creating 10 full time job

Your feedback is much appreciated, kindly correct me if any of the above is not relevant

And as I keep repeating - there is no way I can say whether you can apply for ILR or not.

Yes, if the companies in which you are a Director combined create 10 new jobs of 12 months each, allows you to produce the necessary documents for the points part of the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.

However, there is an additional condition - genuineness and credibility which HO can use to not award points even if you meet the documentary evidence

The reason you give - " to keep the funds working" - is investor language, not entrepreneur language. So that fails the entrepreneur test, in my opinion.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:33 pm

Thank you Marcnath for enlightening , on what basis they will assess genunity and credibility??

All the business I intended to do are legitimate and genuine

Thanking you

marcnath wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:08 am
abuhf wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:34 am
Hi Marcnath

Petrol bunk - £50k
Pizza shop - £50k
Tuition centre - £ 35k
Convinient shop- £40k

And as I keep repeating - there is no way I can say whether you can apply for ILR or not.

Yes, if the companies in which you are a Director combined create 10 new jobs of 12 months each, allows you to produce the necessary documents for the points part of the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.

However, there is an additional condition - genuineness and credibility which HO can use to not award points even if you meet the documentary evidence

The reason you give - " to keep the funds working" - is investor language, not entrepreneur language. So that fails the entrepreneur test, in my opinion.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:25 pm

abuhf wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:33 pm
Thank you Marcnath for enlightening , on what basis they will assess genunity and credibility??

Thanking you
I have no idea how they assess genuineness other than what is in the guidelines document. I do not have inside information.

They will use the documents you submit, interview (if done), etc. I am sure you have been reading the many other posts where genuineness has been an issue.

It is not whether the business is legitimate and genuine. It is whether you and your role in that business is that of a genuine entrepreneur. There have been too many people just setting up genuine and legitimate businesses just to meet the criteria for points.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:01 am

Thank you Marcnath, it’s veru clear

I really appreciate it

Regards,
Abuhf

marcnath wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:25 pm
abuhf wrote:

Thanking you
I have no idea how they assess genuineness other than what is in the guidelines document. I do not have inside information.

They will use the documents you submit, interview (if done), etc. I am sure you have been reading the many other posts where genuineness has been an issue.

It is not whether the business is legitimate and genuine. It is whether you and your role in that business is that of a genuine entrepreneur. There have been too many people just setting up genuine and legitimate businesses just to meet the criteria for points.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:52 pm

Dear Respected Mods,

I really need your guidance.

The company name which i registered now is active and also I sent confirmation statement

I need assistance with below

1) since I was not resident in uk before, I registered the company on my friends address with the same name as my current company name in uk from preventing it from being taken from competitors in two occasions , but the previous two registrations of company were dissolved under Same name as my current company name , is it ok or will it raise any concerns during extension stage ? Please assist

2) can I call HMRC and ask them to change my company registered address to my home address, is it ok ?

3) if I hire three full time staff for 1st year , four in year 2 and 6 in year 3 from various businesses allowed under tier 1 can I apply for ILR

4) last but not least, how to change name in Nathional insurance

Thanking you

Regards,
Abuhf

quote=abuhf post_id=1838488 time=1571443264 user_id=214541]
Thank you Marcnath, it’s veru clear

I really appreciate it

Regards,
Abuhf

marcnath wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:25 pm
abuhf wrote:

Thanking you

[/quote]

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:41 am

1) since I was not resident in uk before, I registered the company on my friends address with the same name as my current company name in uk from preventing it from being taken from competitors in two occasions , but the previous two registrations of company were dissolved under Same name as my current company name , is it ok or will it raise any concerns during extension stage ? Please assist
No, your company number is different
2) can I call HMRC and ask them to change my company registered address to my home address, is it ok ?
You should contact companies house :!:
3) if I hire three full time staff for 1st year , four in year 2 and 6 in year 3 from various businesses allowed under tier 1 can I apply for ILR
Yes
4) last but not least, how to change name in Nathional insurance
What do you mean ??!
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice