ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT Help regarding extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

drsarak1990
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Help needed for Spouse Visa Extension

Post by drsarak1990 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:53 pm

Hello,

I married my husband on 22 August, 2015. He is a British citizen and I am a Pakistani citizen.

I first came to UK on a Visit Visa for PLAB (medical licensing exam) on 13 Sept, 2015 and left on 8 December, 2015.

I then applied for jobs and entered the UK again on 15 March 2016 on a Tier 2 work visa. I stayed on the work visa until 17 May 2017 because my husband didn't meet financial requirements for me to be on spouse visa.

I applied for a UK spouse visa on 5 May 2017. I now have a BRP which started on 5 May 2017and ends on 5 November 2019.

I want to know when can I apply for the extension? I plan to travel in October 2019 and plan to be away for 3 months at least.

Also, since I am on the 5 year route, does my time start from 15 March 2016 (when I came here on tier 2 visa and had a BRP) or does it start from 5 May 2017 when I switched to a spouse visa and had a spouse BRP?

Help will be much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa Extension

Post by CR001 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:05 pm

Your time starts from the date you got your spouse visa on 5th May 2017. Your time spent as tier 2 visa holder is irrelevant and doesn't count

Not sure why you didn't apply earlier as you could have used your income to meet the financial requirements if applying for a spouse visa within the UK.

What date do you plan on travelling g in October? Any chance you can delay your travel?

If you apply for an extension of your visa too early, you will end up with a shortfall for ILR and have to apply for another extsnion to cover a couple of months to reach the ILR requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drsarak1990
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Urgent help spouse extension

Post by drsarak1990 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:33 pm

I have a few questions, these might be technical. I got married in August 2015, my husband is british. I first entered UK on visit visa sept 2015 till December 2015. Then I entered again on a Tier 2 work visa in March 2016 as I got a job as a doctor in the NHS. I switched visa to spouse visa in May 2017.

1) So on the 5 year route does my 30 months start from March 2016 (technically thats when I became a resident and have been working and paying tax since then) or do the 30 months start from May 2017 (when I switches to spouse visa?)

2) My current BRP expires on 5 November 2019, what’s the earliest I can apply for extension?

3) And how long does it take to get a new BRP?

4) How long does it take for the new BRP to arrive?

5) Is there a fast track application route for extension?

6) For English requirements I previously did UKVI and scored C1 - but as its been more than 2 years do I have to do ielts again or can I show my old certificate?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa Extension

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 3:05 pm
Your time starts from the date you got your spouse visa on 5th May 2017. Your time spent as tier 2 visa holder is irrelevant and doesn't count

Not sure why you didn't apply earlier as you could have used your income to meet the financial requirements if applying for a spouse visa within the UK.

What date do you plan on travelling g in October? Any chance you can delay your travel?

If you apply for an extension of your visa too early, you will end up with a shortfall for ILR and have to apply for another extsnion to cover a couple of months to reach the ILR requirement.
Starting a new topic with similar questions won't change the answer youwere given already.

Your time starts from the date your spouse visa was granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drsarak1990
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Urgent help spouse extension

Post by drsarak1990 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:41 am

I don’t know why it posted my thread agsin. Sorry about that. Thank you so much fir the reply. In hindsight I should have applied earlier, unfortunately didn’t have much guidance then and waited for my husband to get a job and applied after he had 6 months payslips.

Any possibility you could answer my question about the English language requirements? Do I have to retake ielts?

Also, my BrP expires 5th November, so whats the earliest I can apply without having to apply for another extension?

I dont think I have much choice but to delay traveling. After applying when do we normally receive the BRP? Is there a fast track service? And how much does the extension cost now?

drsarak1990
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by drsarak1990 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:20 pm

Hello,
Admins can you please help
me with the queries above ?

whats the earliest I can apply so that I don’t have to make another extension application before ILR?

Also the question about english test please

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:27 pm

drsarak1990 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:20 pm
Hello,
Admins can you please help
me with the queries above ?

whats the earliest I can apply so that I don’t have to make another extension application before ILR?

Also the question about english test please
Unless the immigration rules/personal circumstances are not changing then ideally the extension should be applied very close to expiry to avoid any shortfall in future towards the qualifying period for ILR. A2 ielts life skills will be needed on extension.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

drsarak1990
Newly Registered
Pakistan

URGENT Help regarding extension

Post by drsarak1990 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:37 am

Some urgent help please:

I am applying for first extension of spouse visa - I completed the form, the summary sheet says visa type: family route, Is this correct? I wrote a cover letter as well and mentioned its a further leave to remain on 5 year route, or have I filled out the wrong form?

Also, the summary sheet is showing my IHS number for the first application I had made, this application form when I filled it online didn't have any section to put in IHS number so it did it automatically. I have paid the new IHS, will it be fine if I mention this and the new IHS number in my cover letter? Please help Im freaking out as the application has cost me 3000+ GBP

geoeng
Canada

Re: URGENT Help regarding extension

Post by geoeng » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:59 pm

drsarak1990 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:37 am
I completed the form, the summary sheet says visa type: family route, Is this correct?
Yes, that's what it should say for FLR(M)
drsarak1990 wrote:
Also, the summary sheet is showing my IHS number for the first application I had made, this application form when I filled it online didn't have any section to put in IHS number so it did it automatically. I have paid the new IHS, will it be fine if I mention this and the new IHS number in my cover letter?
It should have directed you to pay the IHS at the end of the application and then automatically filled in that IHS reference number. Worth mentioning in the cover letter for sure. If they're not sure they would likely ask for proof of payment or for you to pay it again (and then get a refund on any over-payment).
drsarak1990 wrote:
Please help Im freaking out as the application has cost me 3000+ GBP
Think of it as an investment.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.