ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion on pathway

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pancake21
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Confusion on pathway

Post by pancake21 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:48 pm

Hello everyone
sorry if this is under the wrong heading but I hope it's not, I've been trying to understand the whole migration to UK thing as someones partner and I'm a bit confused as to what to do since my situation with my partner is a bit tricky.

a couple of quick details
Sponsor: British citizen, working, makes 18.5k+ quid per annum, started job recently, lives in london in his family home, no savings as of yet.
Applicant: Jordanian citizen, working, makes 18.5k+ quid per annum (in dubai), been working 6 months, rent under my name in dubai, savings under mums name.

we've been together 7 months so far, and i would like to move to london to be with him, however trying to find a job willing to give me a visa is a bit tricky, and i cant figure which pathway (fiance/spouse) would be the correct one to follow, i don't really want to wait 6 months as my job here is.. unsecure and if i lose my job i lose my residency. we have no problems marrying each other as at the end of the 6 months in the fiance visa we had planned on marrying one another, but we don't know if it would be wiser to marry one another first and then proceed with the visa or vice versa? and as well with the financial requirements would we even be considered? :(

please help me out,
thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Confusion on pathway

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:52 pm

Following the spouse visa option upon marrying is more economical where you will get right to work & access to uk NHS in comparison to fiancee visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

pancake21
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by pancake21 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:58 pm

But do you think based on the fact that my fiancé started his job a few days ago/has no savings the spouse visa could still potentially be granted?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:03 pm

pancake21 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:58 pm
But do you think based on the fact that my fiancé started his job a few days ago/has no savings the spouse visa could still potentially be granted?
No. He has to work for at least 6 months either for spouse or fiancee visa
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:43 am

pancake21 wrote:
Did your partner work in the UK earning more than the minimum financial requirement before this current job by any chance or is this his first job in the UK making more than the minimum amount?
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

pancake21
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by pancake21 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:52 am

geoeng wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:43 am
pancake21 wrote:
Did your partner work in the UK earning more than the minimum financial requirement before this current job by any chance or is this his first job in the UK making more than the minimum amount?
It’s his first job in the UK, previously he was employed as a partner at his father’s restaurant in the UAE.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:03 am

pancake21 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:52 am

It’s his first job in the UK, previously he was employed as a partner at his father’s restaurant in the UAE.
Thought it was a long shot. Seagul's answer applies then.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

pancake21
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by pancake21 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:04 am

I appreciate it, thank you both :) guess I’ll have to be patient for 6 months haha.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:47 pm

geoeng wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:03 am
pancake21 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:52 am

Thought it was a long shot. Seagul's answer applies then.
Op had clearly said that she live in Dubai and she spent 7 months together with UK sponsor. That's is why the answer was given only in line with category A because category B seemed impossible.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:25 pm

pancake21 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:48 pm
Sponsor: British citizen, working, makes 18.5k+ quid per annum, started job recently, lives in london in his family home, no savings as of yet.
I'm pretty certain you're aware that the financial threshold is £18,600 per annum.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."