ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa- accommodation requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NicolaJ
Newly Registered
Australia

Spouse visa- accommodation requirement

Post by NicolaJ » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:57 am

Hello everyone,
I am an Australian, my husband is British. We are in the process of starting to gather all the information for the spouse visa for the UK, we are stuck on the accommodation. We have been living overseas and do not have any friends/ family in the UK who can write us letters saying we can stay with them. We also don’t want to rent a place Incase I don’t even get my visa and so won’t be going... Is there any circumstance when an Airbnb or hotel is acceptable?
Thanks, Nikki

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa- accommodation requirement

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:42 pm

NicolaJ wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:57 am
. We also don’t want to rent a place Incase I don’t even get my visa and so won’t be going... Is there any circumstance when an Airbnb or hotel is acceptable?
Thanks, Nikki
Hotel won't fulfill the criteria and without owning/renting a sufficient sized the visa requirement (accomodation) can't be met.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

NicolaJ
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by NicolaJ » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:24 pm

Hotel won't fulfill the criteria and without owning/renting a sufficient sized the visa requirement (accomodation) can't be met.
[/quote]

Thanks for your response. Better try and get something sorted before I apply for my visa then.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:52 pm

Since you have no friend/relative who can support you with accomodation so the only option will be that your sponsor move to UK and secure tenancy somewhere which can't be possible from abroad due to right of rent checks. Also if you haven't got 6 months older sufficient amount of savings then your sponsor will have to spend at least 6 months with present employer in UK to meet the financial requirement or have a job offer going to start in 3 months on arrival where he can use his overseas income.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:39 am

NicolaJ wrote:
We also don’t want to rent a place Incase I don’t even get my visa and so won’t be going... Is there any circumstance when an Airbnb or hotel is acceptable?
Thanks, Nikki
My understanding from anecdotal evidence found Googling around is that short term or holiday rentals - like Airbnb - are acceptable. You just need to prove you have suitable accommodation arranged for when you arrive and have the owner's permission to be there.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:51 pm

geoeng wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:39 am
NicolaJ wrote:
We also don’t want to rent a place Incase I don’t even get my visa and so won’t be going... Is there any circumstance when an Airbnb or hotel is acceptable?
Thanks, Nikki
My understanding from anecdotal evidence found Googling around is that short term or holiday rentals - like Airbnb - are acceptable.
Perhaps you heard that from other forum which is totally incorrect in case of spouse visa. These may work for tourist visa.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:28 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:51 pm
Perhaps you heard that from other forum which is totally incorrect in case of spouse visa. These may work for tourist visa.
Like I said, it's anecdotal so I can't speak to whether it works based on my own experience. However, provided satisfactory documentation can be provided as evidence (booking receipts, permission to stay, etc.), I fail to see how it doesn't meet the requirements set out in the Immigration Rules for adequate accommodation, which really only appears to require the applicant demonstrate they have accommodation without recourse to public funds that is available for their exclusive occupancy and is not overcrowded.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:42 pm

geoeng wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:28 pm
I fail to see how it doesn't meet the requirements set out in the Immigration Rules for adequate accommodation,
UKVI caseworker is chained up with their policy and only wants the documents which are prescribed in their guidance. I don't think any hotel will issue lodger/tenancy agreement & noc letter and without these two both the requirement can't be met. Booking/payment receipts/reservations can't meet this requirement for spouse visa.