ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Test A1 or A2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

xrootx

cohabitation documenst Period FLR M

Post by xrootx » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi,
My wife arrived in UK on spouse visa in March 2017, her visa is due for extension on 25 Novembver 2019. I am planing to apply for extension some time after 30th of Oct 2019. My question is , what period do I have to cover for cohabitation documnets. Do I have to start from March 2017 -till Oct 2019 or do I have to cover 2 year period before Oct 2019.
I searched on forum some people suggested 2.5 years and some 2 years on the date of application. Please clearify.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: cohabitation documenst Period FLR M

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:26 pm

2 years. For example if will be applying on 30th October 2019 then the evidences must cover 30th October 2017 - 30th October 2019 with 3-4 months even gaps from at least 3 sources.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

xrootx

Post by xrootx » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:41 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:26 pm
2 years. For example if will be applying on 30th October 2019 then the evidences must cover 30th October 2017 - 30th October 2019 with 3-4 months even gaps from at least 3 sources.
Thanks for yout response. One more thing I wan to clarify , can I use documents such as :
P-45
P60
Annual Electoral Registration letter
as cohabitation documnet.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:33 pm

xrootx wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:41 am
seagul wrote:
Thanks for yout response. One more thing I wan to clarify , can I use documents such as :
P-45
P60

Thanks
Definitely yes but on additional info section clarify them that P45/P60 you are not using for meeting the financial requirements.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

xrootx

Post by xrootx » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:56 am

seagul wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:33 pm
xrootx wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:41 am
seagul wrote:
P-45
P60

Thanks
Definitely yes but on additional info section clarify them that P45/P60 you are not using for meeting the financial requirements.
Perfect Thanks a lot.

xrootx

English Language Test A1 or A2

Post by xrootx » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:39 am

Hi,
I am confused about which test to take , My wife spouse visa is due for extension in Nov-2019. When she applied first time for spouse visa she submitted IELTS Acadamic, which is expired now. So I am not sure shoud she go for CEFR A1 or A2 test. The home office webiste statement is bit confusing for me :

If you want to settle permanently in the UK within 5 years
If you took the CEFR A1 when you first applied for your visa, you’ll need to take a CEFR A2 test when you apply to stay after 2.5 years.

If you did not need to do the CEFR A1 when you first applied for your visa but you need to do it now, you’ll need to pass it when you apply to stay after 2.5 years.

So my wife did not do CEFR A1 when she applied for visa for first time , so does she have to do A1 and A2 both ?

Please help.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English Language Test A1 or A2

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:52 am

xrootx wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:39 am
Hi,
I am confused about which test to take , My wife spouse visa is due for extension in Nov-2019. When she applied first time for spouse visa she submitted IELTS Acadamic, which is expired now. So I am not sure shoud she go for CEFR A1 or A2 test. The home office webiste statement is bit confusing for me :

If you took the CEFR A1 when you first applied for your visa, you’ll need to take a CEFR A2 test when you apply to stay after 2.5 years.

If you did not need to do the CEFR A1 when you first applied for your visa but you need to do it now, you’ll need to pass it when you apply to stay after 2.5 years.

So my wife did not do CEFR A1 when she applied for visa for first time , so does she have to do A1 and A2 both ?

Please help.

Thanks
1. Please keep all your questions about the same application in ONE topic. It isn't necessary to start a new thread with each question.

2. She needs A2 minimum for an extension. She can also do B1 then she has it for ILR (if the rules don't change).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:03 pm

xrootx wrote:
Hi,

Please help.

Thanks
If your IELTS academic test have UKVI unique number then it will again be accepted despite being expired.

xrootx

Post by xrootx » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:29 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:52 am
xrootx wrote:
Hi,

Please help.

Thanks
1. Please keep all your questions about the same application in ONE topic. It isn't necessary to start a new thread with each question.
sorry didnt know about this.

2. She needs A2 minimum for an extension. She can also do B1 then she has it for ILR (if the rules don't change).
Ok thanks a lot

xrootx

Post by xrootx » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:31 am

seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:03 pm
xrootx wrote:
Hi,

Please help.

Thanks
If your IELTS academic test have UKVI unique number then it will again be accepted despite being expired.
Yes there is UKVI unique number , that what we use to get spouse visa. so We dont need A2 test in this case? just confirming,

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:50 pm

Please note that both General and Academic Training modules are accepted. The CEFR requirement for each skill must be met.

IELTS for UKVI can be used where IELTS Life Skills is used; test takers would need to get 4.0 or above in Speaking and Listening (scores for Reading and Writing will be ignored).
https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/ta ... ukvi/score
[/quote]

Preferably in additional info section clarify it so that they dont overlook that fact.

xrootx

Re: Accommodation Proof

Post by xrootx » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:40 am

Hi,
I been in living in rented apartment for last 10 years. When I moved in first time I got 6 months tenancy agreement, since then I am on roling contract. My question is Am I ok to send the first initial 6 momth
tenancy agreement which obviulsy expired or do I have to get something else from my landlord.

Thanks

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:11 am

Provided you still live there, the tenancy agreement you have is fine. Your pieces of correspondence should be sufficient proof you still live there. I was in the same situation and had no issues with this. The tenancy agreement hasn't really expired assuming it states that following the initial 6 month period continued tenancy is permitted under the same (or other specified) conditions.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

xrootx

Post by xrootx » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:19 am

geoeng wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:11 am
Provided you still live there, the tenancy agreement you have is fine. Your pieces of correspondence should be sufficient proof you still live there. I was in the same situation and had no issues with this. The tenancy agreement hasn't really expired assuming it states that following the initial 6 month period continued tenancy is permitted under the same (or other specified) conditions.
Thats great , Just to clearify do I have to get no objection letter from landlaor.

Thanks

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:43 am

xrootx wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:19 am
Thats great , Just to clearify do I have to get no objection letter from landlaor.

Thanks
If your name is included on the tenancy agreement, then you would not need this as this in itself is providing permission to stay. If your name is not on the tenancy agreement, then you would need it.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

xrootx

Post by xrootx » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:33 am

geoeng wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:43 am
xrootx wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:19 am

Thanks
If your name is included on the tenancy agreement, then you would not need this as this in itself is providing permission to stay. If your name is not on the tenancy agreement, then you would need it.
Ok thast perfect.
Thanks a lot.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:44 pm

A latest letter confirming the present state of that expired contract will also be needed which in your case is on rolling basis otherwise HO won't know that.

xrootx

Post by xrootx » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:27 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:44 pm
A latest letter confirming the present state of that expired contract will also be needed which in your case is on rolling basis otherwise HO won't know that.
This confirmation letter should be from landlord or from me ? also please let me know whoat should I mention in the letter.
Thanks for your help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:49 pm

xrootx wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:27 pm
seagul wrote:
This confirmation letter should be from landlord or from me ? also please let me know whoat should I mention in the letter.
Thanks for your help.
With whoever you had signed the contract and paying the rent to. The letter should just clarify that the contract is now on rolling basis.

xrootx

Post by xrootx » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:56 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:49 pm
xrootx wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:27 pm
seagul wrote:
Thanks for your help.
With whoever you had signed the contract and paying the rent to. The letter should just clarify that the contract is now on rolling basis.
Ok thanks a lot

xrootx

Post by xrootx » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi,
Please ceheck if the letter wording and formt is correct :

ADDRESS of th peoperty

To whom it may concern

I ,xxxx can confirm that I am the owners of the FLAT located at the xxx address. Mr xxxx has lived at the property since Feb 2010. Mr xxx initial contract was 6 months , since than Mr xxx is on roling contract.
Further, I have no objection to Mr xxx wife, APPLICANT and son ,living at the same the property.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on TELEPHONE AND EMAIL.

Yours faithfully,
LANDLORD name
LANDLORD contact #
LANDLORD email

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:47 pm

xrootx wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:30 pm
Hi,
Please ceheck if the letter wording and formt is correct :

ADDRESS of th peoperty

To whom it may concern

I ,xxxx can confirm that I am the owners of the FLAT located at the xxx address. Mr xxxx has lived at the property since Feb 2010. Mr xxx initial contract was 6 months , since than Mr xxx is on roling contract.
Further, I have no objection to Mr xxx wife, APPLICANT and son ,living at the same the property.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on TELEPHONE AND EMAIL.

Yours faithfully,
LANDLORD name
LANDLORD contact #
LANDLORD email
seems fine

xrootx

Re:Documnet Check List

Post by xrootx » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:59 am

Hi,
Please can you check If I got all documnets, for my wife visa extension due on 23 nov 2019 , or I am misisng anything:

cohabitation documents letters covering perios oct -2017 to oct 2019 (4 month spread)
1 water bil on joint name
My Wife
2 banks statemnets
1 Letter from General Medical Council UK.
1 Letter from HM revenue and csutoms.
1 Letter from electoral.

Mine
1 Council tax letter
3 Utility bills
1 credit card letter

A2 English test certificate
My Son Passport
My passport
My son Birth certificate
Wife passport
Wife BRP

My 6 Month bank statements
My Job Contract
My Employer letter
My 6 month pay slips
My P-60 for year 2018 and 2019

Other documnets
My Wife P-60
My Wife employer letter.

Tenancy Agreement
NOC from Landlord (stating that he dont have any abjection in my son and wife living at same property)

A cover letter from my wife, just explaining she is working as doctor and she got private and family life here in UK.

Please check if I am missing anything.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Re:Documnet Check List

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:07 pm

xrootx wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:59 am
Hi,
Please can you check If I got all documnets, for my wife visa extension due on 23 nov 2019 , or I am misisng anything:

cohabitation documents letters covering perios oct -2017 to oct 2019 (4 month spread)
1 water bil on joint name
My Wife
2 banks statemnets
1 Letter from General Medical Council UK.
1 Letter from HM revenue and csutoms.
1 Letter from electoral.

Mine
1 Council tax letter
3 Utility bills
1 credit card letter

A2 English test certificate
My Son Passport
My passport
My son Birth certificate
Wife passport
Wife BRP

My 6 Month bank statements
My Job Contract
My Employer letter
My 6 month pay slips
My P-60 for year 2018 and 2019

Other documnets
My Wife P-60
My Wife employer letter.

Tenancy Agreement
NOC from Landlord (stating that he dont have any abjection in my son and wife living at same property)

A cover letter from my wife, just explaining she is working as doctor and she got private and family life here in UK.

Please check if I am missing anything.

Thanks
p60s and job contract isn't required unless you are intending to use them as cohabitation proof.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Re:Documnet Check List

Post by geoeng » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:21 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:07 pm
p60s and job contract isn't required unless you are intending to use them as cohabitation proof.
While not explicitly mentioned in the Immigration Rules or guidance to provide these, it seems the document checklist generated by the online FRM application will request a P60 and employment contract if you specify using income to meet the financial requirement.