ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I got Approval for citizenship, Only waiting for ceremony, But GINB CARD expire in November, Should I renew it ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

robber
Newly Registered
Ireland

I got Approval for citizenship, Only waiting for ceremony, But GINB CARD expire in November, Should I renew it ?

Post by robber » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:52 am

Hey, I need some help, Back In June got a letter where minister proposes to grand citizenship, pay the 950, sent picture and GINB card, but with all this mess I'm still waiting for the ceremony. My GINB card expires at the end of November. Should I renew it or what? I don't even have it with me as Naturalization dep keep it.

alexkiran
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: I got Approval for citizenship, Only waiting for ceremony, But GINB CARD expire in November, Should I renew it ?

Post by alexkiran » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:20 am

You must renew it as the card should be valid on the date of the ceremony. Usually, they are asking to show an invitation to the ceremony, but I suppose in the current situation the letter requesting to pay €950 might be sufficient for GNIB office.

mrrobot
Mood:
Ireland

Re: I got Approval for citizenship, Only waiting for ceremony, But GINB CARD expire in November, Should I renew it ?

Post by mrrobot » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:10 am

robber wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:52 am
Hey, I need some help, Back In June got a letter where minister proposes to grand citizenship, pay the 950, sent picture and GINB card, but with all this mess I'm still waiting for the ceremony. My GINB card expires at the end of November. Should I renew it or what? I don't even have it with me as Naturalization dep keep it.
You should send inis a letter saying that your gnib is about to expire, and they would send you your old one back so you could renew