ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR through Tier 2 General experience sharing

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

devahere
Newly Registered
Egypt

ILR Application through Tier 2 General question

Post by devahere » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just want to thank all involved in the forum as it has been so helpful for my ILR preparation so far but got a question about it if anyone can help, please.

Here are the details so far:
1- First Visa Stamp issued on: 05/Dec/14
2- First Entry to the UK: 27/Feb/15 -> Less than 90 days of the visa issuance date
3- Visa renewed with the same employer by October 17 to cover till the ILR application time.
4- I have left this employer on 10 March 2018 as the company no longer needed me and shortly after by June the company dissolved.
5- I have stayed unemployed between 10 March 2018 till 03/Aug/2018 but luckily "never" received any correspondence from home office/curtailment letter that I have to leave in 60 days.
6- I am in the process of applying for the ILR application which is due by early November and found out that I have to get all absence from the UK and a letter from the current employer which is not a problem and another from the previous employer which I cannot get right now as the previous employer no longer in business.

To cut the story short, I am just wondering what do I need to do regarding points 5 & 6 to get myself covered about both these points taking into account during the time I was with the old employer I have never been out of the country for more than 30 working days in a calendar year.

Your help on that matter would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Deva

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application through Tier 2 General question

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:32 pm

5- I have stayed unemployed between 10 March 2018 till 03/Aug/2018 but luckily "never" received any correspondence from home office/curtailment letter that I have to leave in 60 days.
6- I am in the process of applying for the ILR application which is due by early November and found out that I have to get all absence from the UK and a letter from the current employer which is not a problem and another from the previous employer which I cannot get right now as the previous employer no longer in business.
Presumably you applied for a new tier 2 with the new/current employer??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

devahere
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by devahere » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:34 pm

Precisely. That was issued since the beginning of August 18 and covering till the time of the ILR application.

Also, think it might be useful to add that I haven't left the UK between September 2017 till November 2018

devahere
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by devahere » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Looks like my question has been missed, Would appreciate an answer for it

devahere
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by devahere » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:11 am

Thanks, guys even with no one replied. I just thought to share the answer and hope it will help others.

1- If you are unable to provide a letter from your previous employer, All you need to do is to complete a cover letter explaining the reason why you haven't managed to get the letter and that's all as long as you put the absence dates on the application form.

2- The unemployment gap between the different jobs is no longer an issue like it used to be and they only care about if you received a curtailment letter from the UKVI which in that case you need to find a job before the date the curtailment letter set. You will be fine as long as you have applied for your new visa before then.

My 5 penny advice is don't complicate things and just provide the documents required on the checklist once you submitted and that's all. Don't ever try to provide a document unless it is requested.

I will share my whole experience once applied and hopefully get me ILR issued next month, Wish me luck!

devahere
Newly Registered
Egypt

ILR through Tier 2 General experience sharing

Post by devahere » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:31 am

Hi Forum,

This is my second topic to open here and even when I haven't got much help when asked my question, This forum, in general, helped me a lot when preparing for the application so thank you!

I have applied through Tier 2 General 5 years route and during this period, I have been working with 2 different employers and had around 130 working days of holidays whilst. The documents I submitted "Scanned" are as follows:

1- Current passport, Scanned all pages including the empty ones.
2- Any previous passport that has UK visas even visit visas scanned all pages including the empty ones as well.
3- Filled Set(O) Application form - You don't need to worry about some questions like where did you live since birth and just enter the dates as much as you can remember and don't be scared if these dates are wrong as they only care about from when you moved to the UK.
4- Letter from your current employer, I got a template that I can happily send to anyone, Just PM me if you needed it.
5- Letter signed by me for the previous employer's absences as my previous employer is no longer in business. Got a template for that as well
6- Last month's bank statement stamped and signed by the bank.
7- Last month's payslip signed and stamped by the current employer.
8- Cover letter to state why my case should be straightforward. Got a template for that as well.
9- Singed declaration that they ask you to do.
10- All current/previous CoS and BRP.
11- Life in the UK pass notification.
12- English test pass certificate "I have got Trinity College London one".
13- Police certificate, Make sure it's updated to the most recent address.

I have paid for the Super Priority option and thankfully got the approval email yesterday!

I would advise anyone doing this process against any stress that may affect you as it's all about submitting the right documents as I mentioned above. You also need to get the Departures & Return dates from your booking confirmations which is the most accurate source.

I will be happy to answer your questions about my experience if you got any.

All the best for everyone going to apply in the future!

devahere
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: ILR through Tier 2 General experience sharing

Post by devahere » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:37 am

PS: Just make sure you never submit your application before the 5 Years minus 28 days which you can do here: https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html

PS: There is no rush as you will be able to get appointments for the next day so no need to worry

midhatten
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by midhatten » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:26 pm

hi devahere - just wanted to say thanks for sharing your experience! I have a similar issue with a previous employer that has effectively gone dormant since I left and it's encouraging to know this didn't prove a problem in your case. I may message you for the templates you've offered to share. Cheers!

Vini20
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vini20 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:09 pm

devahere wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:31 am
Hi Forum,

This is my second topic to open here and even when I haven't got much help when asked my question, This forum, in general, helped me a lot when preparing for the application so thank you!

I have applied through Tier 2 General 5 years route and during this period, I have been working with 2 different employers and had around 130 working days of holidays whilst. The documents I submitted "Scanned" are as follows:

1- Current passport, Scanned all pages including the empty ones.
2- Any previous passport that has UK visas even visit visas scanned all pages including the empty ones as well.
3- Filled Set(O) Application form - You don't need to worry about some questions like where did you live since birth and just enter the dates as much as you can remember and don't be scared if these dates are wrong as they only care about from when you moved to the UK.
4- Letter from your current employer, I got a template that I can happily send to anyone, Just PM me if you needed it.
5- Letter signed by me for the previous employer's absences as my previous employer is no longer in business. Got a template for that as well
6- Last month's bank statement stamped and signed by the bank.
7- Last month's payslip signed and stamped by the current employer.
8- Cover letter to state why my case should be straightforward. Got a template for that as well.
9- Singed declaration that they ask you to do.
10- All current/previous CoS and BRP.
11- Life in the UK pass notification.
12- English test pass certificate "I have got Trinity College London one".
13- Police certificate, Make sure it's updated to the most recent address.

I have paid for the Super Priority option and thankfully got the approval email yesterday!

I would advise anyone doing this process against any stress that may affect you as it's all about submitting the right documents as I mentioned above. You also need to get the Departures & Return dates from your booking confirmations which is the most accurate source.

I will be happy to answer your questions about my experience if you got any.

All the best for everyone going to apply in the future!
Dear Devahere,
Congratulations on your ILR and thanks for sharing your experience!
Could you please share your templates it will be really useful for my ILR?
There is no option to PM
Do you mind sharing the below?
Thank you, very much appreciated looking forward for your reply