ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application Queries - Please help

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shettys
Newly Registered

OCI Application Queries - Please help

Post by shettys » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:17 pm

Hi All,

Few questions regarding my oci application. Any help will be much appreciated.

1) I have uploaded a different photo online than the one i will be attaching with the application and taking with me to my appointment. Does this matter at all?

2) I will be applying for my OCI on the 11th of oct at hounslow. I travel to india on the 12th of dec. Is this enough time to get my OCI all done? If not, can i travel to india by applying for an indian visa and on my return in January submit my UK passport to get my OCI card?

Thank you.

vpunjabi7
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: OCI Application Queries - Please help

Post by vpunjabi7 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:52 pm

1. Hounslow VFS are a bit difficult with this. They will ask you to either print the same photo and attach it to the form (which will cost you £8 or £10 to print from one of the photo studios in the building) or ask you to upload the same photo that you are attaching and re-print the form which will also cost you in printing in one of the photo studios (they also print documents but charge extortionate amounts).

2. 2 months is adequate time. I applied on 10 Sep. Online status showed processed by 4 oct. I've submitted my passport on 7 Oct and awaiting delivery of OCI along with passport. If something goes wrong and you dont get OCI on time, you can apply for an online e-visa and visit India.

Hope that helped.