ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Financial Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Roonot
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Financial Requirement

Post by Roonot » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:15 am

I am applying for a spouse visa for my wife from Pakistan. I have evidence of a subsisting relationship, marriage contracts etc., However I am confused on the financial requirements, and the categories they would place me into

I obtain work through a few agencies (though I am paid by PAYE through them, they have stated that I do not work for the agencies themselves). I have been working like this for over a year, and have met the threshold of earning 18600, however this income is staggered over various months (varying depending on the role).

I took a break from work for personal reasons for over 2 months, however I am now gaining work through agencies again, getting a varied income (which still puts me over the income threshold). I have a previous 12 months worth of wage slips that are also above the threshold.

Would I be able to apply for category A or B at this moment?

Which of the two would be a better option?

Or should I wait till I obtain salaried employment (Which begins in January)?

Roonot
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa Financial Requirement

Post by Roonot » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:57 am

Bump

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:12 pm

Roonot wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:57 am
Bump
Really? After waiting a whole 42 minutes? My apologies for the delay. If the income is variable then you should apply under Category B. Read this and come back with any questions afterwards: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Roonot
Newly Registered

Post by Roonot » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:40 pm

I accept your apology 8) , you probably can't help it if you are slow.

I've already read that, it doesn't aid with my confusion on the subject.

The original post is still what I would ask to be answered.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:43 pm

Roonot wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:40 pm
I accept your apology 8) , you probably can't help it if you are slow.
I would suggest you post with a little respect (comment well meaning/jokingly or not) if you expect members, who are all unpaid volunteers, to offer advice. We all have normal day jobs, family commitments etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:04 pm

You're going to have to clarify your employment situation a bit as it affects how your income is calculated and which category to apply under. If you are self-employed, you would have to apply under Category F or G and your income will be based on the last financial year. Being paid through PAYE generally indicates you are an employee, in which case you could apply under Category B; however, you have also suggested the agencies do not employ you, so it is unclear if you are an employee or self employed. For category B, how you calculate the income will depend on whether you are salaried or non-salaried.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Roonot
Newly Registered

Post by Roonot » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:07 pm

CR001

I fail to see how my response was rude or trying to be rude.

I'm pretty sure a 'delay' is synonymous with someone being 'slow' at responding to a subject, which would also be an acknowledgement of the fact that they have other things to do in life rather than answering a question on a 'forum' .

I didn't insult the poster, and took it on the chin by accepting his/her 'apology' with a sense of humor, this would usually be called polite.
Last edited by Roonot on Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Roonot
Newly Registered

Post by Roonot » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:08 pm

geoeng wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:04 pm
You're going to have to clarify your employment situation a bit as it affects how your income is calculated and which category to apply under. If you are self-employed, you would have to apply under Category F or G and your income will be based on the last financial year. Being paid through PAYE generally indicates you are an employee, in which case you could apply under Category B; however, you have also suggested the agencies do not employ you, so it is unclear if you are an employee or self employed. For category B, how you calculate the income will depend on whether you are salaried or non-salaried.
I appreciate your help geoeng, I will look further into this :D