ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitted before 28 days, am I in trouble??!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aurora_Ein
Newly Registered

Submitted before 28 days, am I in trouble??!

Post by Aurora_Ein » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:03 pm

Hi guys,
I would be mostly grateful if anyone could give me some advice.
I am applying through Set(M) as partner to a British citizen.
My current BRP expires on 29-Oct-2019.
I submitted and paid the application yesterday and haven't booked for appointment yet.
I heard there has been a lot of delays on super priority services, so I paniced and submitted and paid for the service yesterday already, as it won't let you see when is the next available slot until you have submitted and paid.
Now I realize I am too soon than the 28 days, could any one advise what my situation is? What should I doooo??? Have I paid £3K for nothing?????

The other question is, the document checklist does not show requirement for bills to proof address or marriage certificates like it did in the past, does it mean I just simply don't need to supply?

Thank you all if you could give me some advice!!!

freeman_123
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: Submitted before 28 days, am I in trouble??!

Post by freeman_123 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:13 pm

Aurora_Ein wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:03 pm
Hi guys,
I submitted and paid the application yesterday and haven't booked for appointment yet.
I heard there has been a lot of delays on super priority services, so I paniced and submitted and paid for the service yesterday already, as it won't let you see when is the next available slot until you have submitted and paid.
Now I realize I am too soon than the 28 days, could any one advise what my situation is? What should I doooo??? Have I paid £3K for nothing?????

The other question is, the document checklist does not show requirement for bills to proof address or marriage certificates like it did in the past, does it mean I just simply don't need to supply?

Make sure you book your appointment on or after the day you qualify for ILR (I'm assuming it is 29 Oct as you didn't state when it was). This ensures that the caseworker makes the decision during your qualifying period.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:17 pm

On what date did you enter the UK on a spouse visa (not a 6 month fiance visa)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aurora_Ein
Newly Registered

Post by Aurora_Ein » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:18 pm

freeman_123 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:13 pm
Aurora_Ein wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:03 pm
Hi guys,

Make sure you book your appointment on or after the day you qualify for ILR (I'm assuming it is 29 Oct as you didn't state when it was). This ensures that the caseworker makes the decision during your qualifying period.
Thank you so much for your reply, so I won't be refused because my application date was too soon as long as my appointment is booked within 28 days?

I am on this 5 year route, but I don't remember which date my spouse visa started ... I can only assume each BPR is 30 months exact?...

Aurora_Ein
Newly Registered

Post by Aurora_Ein » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:17 pm
On what date did you enter the UK on a spouse visa (not a 6 month fiance visa)?
Thank you for your reply, I entered on a fiance visa in June 2014 and had a visa printed on my passport for it.
So in my memory the first BRP card was received based on the first spouse visa, then this is the extended BRP which expires on 29 Oct 2019, does it sound like I am safe?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:23 pm

What date was your first spouse visa granted??

The fiance visa doesn't count towards the 5 years residence.

You are required to submit evidence of 2 years cohabitation and marriage cert as you did for your extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aurora_Ein
Newly Registered

Post by Aurora_Ein » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:23 pm
What date was your first spouse visa granted??

The fiance visa doesn't count towards the 5 years residence.

You are required to submit evidence of 2 years cohabitation and marriage cert as you did for your extension.
I just checked the first date on the spouse visa was 29 October 2014
Is it OK? I submitted and paid for super priority service yesterday :shock: :shock:

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:34 pm

Aurora_Ein wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:35 pm
Is it OK? I submitted and paid for super priority service yesterday :shock: :shock:
You did apply a early unfortunately. But you may get away with it if you give ur biometrics within ur 28 day qualifying period i.e. early October.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-lr-appli ... 85408.html
Also read the links in the thread.

Aurora_Ein
Newly Registered

Post by Aurora_Ein » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:29 pm

aman90 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:34 pm
Aurora_Ein wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:35 pm
You did apply a early unfortunately. But you may get away with it if you give ur biometrics within ur 28 day qualifying period i.e. early October.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-lr-appli ... 85408.html
Also read the links in the thread.
Many thanks for your reply, has there been anyone who got rejected due to the same reason even if they wait and booked appointment within the right time? Just want to be prepare for the worst...
Also I don't seem to find a place to upload documents online like what everyone else were talking about, does that stage only happens when I book an appointment? What happens if things are delayed and I don't get my settlement before BRP expires... :shock: :shock: sorry for so many questions, really confused...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:54 pm

Also I don't seem to find a place to upload documents online like what everyone else were talking about, does that stage only happens when I book an appointment?
You need to book your appointment first.
What happens if things are delayed and I don't get my settlement before BRP expires...

Nothing happens. Your existing visa conditions continue while your application is pending as you have Section 3C protection under the immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:04 pm

Aurora_Ein wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:29 pm
has there been anyone who got rejected due to the same reason even if they wait and booked appointment within the right time? Just want to be prepare for the worst...
:shock: Really? If ur so worried then withdraw ur application. Thats the only way you should be preparing for the worst.

Aurora_Ein
Newly Registered

Post by Aurora_Ein » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:15 pm

aman90 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:04 pm
Aurora_Ein wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:29 pm
has there been anyone who got rejected due to the same reason even if they wait and booked appointment within the right time? Just want to be prepare for the worst...
:shock: Really? If ur so worried then withdraw ur application. Thats the only way you should be preparing for the worst.
If I withdraw can I still get my money back? :shock:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:31 pm

Maybe, maybe not.

You should be fine if you get a bio appointment within the 28 days before your visa expires, as has already been advised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Aurora_Ein
Newly Registered

Post by Aurora_Ein » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:31 pm
Maybe, maybe not.

You should be fine if you get a bio appointment within the 28 days before your visa expires, as has already been advised.
I really appreciate your reply and decide to book the appointment as it is, I will post the outcome here once I get the result for others reference in the future.

Just one more question if you could kindly help me with, I live in Devon, and when I go to the appoinment page, the nearest centre is Exeter, is it true that the Exeter office can deal with the Set(M) application? Sorry this might sound silly, just because in the past we always had to go to London or Cardiff for VISA application and I couldn't quite believe it's really becoming that convenient with office as close as Exeter... I felt like I must mitaken something... and once I book the appointment, is it just to upload the items they requested on the checklist? Hope nothing suprising will come up if I book it for the next day?
Many thanks again...

Aurora_Ein
Newly Registered

Post by Aurora_Ein » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:52 pm

Could I also ask, our finance information is based on my husband's salary.
He has been with the same employer for over 1 year, but was below £18,600 in the past and only increased to £19,000 since Feburary 2019 - which is now over 6 months at this level, but his P60 is less than £18,600, would this be an issue? Thank you so much, really nervous!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:54 pm

You are not required to submit P60s, they are unnecessary. HO is only interested in payslips and bank statements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:00 pm

Your supporting documents must be dated on or before the date you submit and pay online as that is the date of application, not your biomteric appointment with a third party agent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Aurora_Ein
Newly Registered

Post by Aurora_Ein » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:00 pm
Your supporting documents must be dated on or before the date you submit and pay online as that is the date of application, not your biomteric appointment with a third party agent.
Thank you CR001, and sorry I posted under other PO.
This system is so new to me... is it true that I can just go to any office on their list?... I can't believe there is even an Exeter office now... and once I book the appointment, is it just uploading the files they mentioned on the checklist and nothing else that might surprise people? Because I'm planning to book for the next day and will not have time to prepare anything else if it comes up.... You have been so kind to help us on this forum, I couldn't thank you enough

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:34 pm

is it true that I can just go to any office on their list?... I can't believe there is even an Exeter office now...
Note that you are attending an appointment at a third party agent, not a Home Office service centre. UKCVAS has the contract for biometric etc and they have numerous offices, so you simply book one at the location most convenient for you and attend.
and once I book the appointment, is it just uploading the files they mentioned on the checklist and nothing else that might surprise people?
Yes, what the guidance asks for. Don't forget the 2 years evidence of cohabitation.
Because I'm planning to book for the next day and will not have time to prepare anything else if it comes up....
If super priority (£800 extra) is available. Many are experiencing problems as the demand is very high and many locations have no availabiity.
You have been so kind to help us on this forum, I couldn't thank you enough
You're welcome.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Aurora_Ein
Newly Registered

Post by Aurora_Ein » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:34 pm
is it true that I can just go to any office on their list?... I can't believe there is even an Exeter office now...
Note that you are attending an appointment at a third party agent, not a Home Office service centre. UKCVAS has the contract for biometric etc and they have numerous offices, so you simply book one at the location most convenient for you and attend.
and once I book the appointment, is it just uploading the files they mentioned on the checklist and nothing else that might surprise people?
Yes, what the guidance asks for. Don't forget the 2 years evidence of cohabitation.
Because I'm planning to book for the next day and will not have time to prepare anything else if it comes up....
If super priority (£800 extra) is available. Many are experiencing problems as the demand is very high and many locations have no availabiity.
You have been so kind to help us on this forum, I couldn't thank you enough
You're welcome.
Dear CR001, I have been stupid enough to ticked the box saying I will supply P60 when filling the application so I guess I will have to provide it now. Do you know if this will be a problem as my p60 shows less than 18600? my employer and signed payslips can confirm my pay is 19000 since Jan 2019.
Thank you so much again!

Aurora_Ein
Newly Registered

Post by Aurora_Ein » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:07 pm

:shock: any chance anybody could help with my question.. im so anxious, my appointment is tomorrow..

I have been stupid enough to ticked the box saying I will supply P60 when filling the application so I guess I will have to provide it now.
Problem is my p60 shows less than 18600 because my pay only increased this year. my employer have letter and signed payslips to confirm my pay is 19000 since Jan 2019.
Am I safe?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:07 pm

If the rest of the documents suffice than don’t submit the p60 even if you ticked it.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:51 pm

I will advise the same as Aman90 advised, don’t submit it if all other documents are ok.
Bizman

Aurora_Ein
Newly Registered

Post by Aurora_Ein » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:17 pm

aman90 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:07 pm
If the rest of the documents suffice than don’t submit the p60 even if you ticked it.
Thank you so much, I will do what you suggested!

Aurora_Ein
Newly Registered

Post by Aurora_Ein » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:18 pm

bizman wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:51 pm
I will advise the same as Aman90 advised, don’t submit it if all other documents are ok.
Thank you so much as well, I will do what you and Aman90 suggested!