ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension - Accountant

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Param_093
Newly Registered
India

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension - Accountant

Post by Param_093 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi All,

Quick Question about my accountant who filled my Accounts for 1st year on Tier 1.

Home offfice Doc states that:

The accountant must have a valid licence to practise or practising certificate and must be a member of a recognised UK supervisory body as follows - if they are not, you cannot accept this item of evidence and you must not award any points for this evidence:
• Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
• Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS)
• Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI)
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
• Association of Authorised Public Accountants (AAPA)
• the Charted Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
• the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA)
• the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
• the Association of International Accountants (AIA)
• the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)

My Accountant has a qualitification certificate of ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) but hasn't got full membership of ACCA.

I'm thinking of replacing him, but do you think I'm on right track ?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension - Accountant

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:47 pm

A friend of mine work for an administration that requires validated accounts.

When they get them, they immediately check the accountant name against these accredited bodies. They check either online when possible or they just pickup the phone and call. If the accountant is not registered there, the accounts are rejected immediately.

I see in this forum and other places where people get their Entrepreneur visa then they follow a "flexible" approach with the rules. When it comes to renew, they are declined and not amount of AR or JR can sort it.

The Home Office is inflexible with the rules when it comes to renewal of these visas. They don't care if you have to close your business, lose your investment and go home.

If they need the accountant to be member of the ACCA and he is NOT member of the ACCA, your accounts are good for the shredder. You need another accountant as matter of urgency. He has to redo and validate your previous accounting as it's invalid.

Param_093
Newly Registered
India

Post by Param_093 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:28 pm

Thanks.

So here the situation is, My company was registered in 2016 under Graduate Entrepreneur Visa.

While I was on Graduate Entrepreneur Visa: Year 1 & Year 2 accounts were filled previously.

I applied and got Tier 1 Entreprenur Visa in 2018. Under Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa

Year 2018 - 2019 (Accounts hasn't been filed yet)

Year 2019 - 2020 (Accounts hasn't been filed yet)

So I'm changing my accountant to someone who holds a validate membership and ask them to file my account for 2018 - 2019.

I know this is the only thing i can do now, but do you think home office will check who filled by accounts on Graduate Entrepreneur Visa too ?

Regards

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:08 pm

Param_093 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:28 pm
Thanks.

So here the situation is, My company was registered in 2016 under Graduate Entrepreneur Visa.

While I was on Graduate Entrepreneur Visa: Year 1 & Year 2 accounts were filled previously.

I applied and got Tier 1 Entreprenur Visa in 2018. Under Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa

Year 2018 - 2019 (Accounts hasn't been filed yet)

Year 2019 - 2020 (Accounts hasn't been filed yet)

So I'm changing my accountant to someone who holds a validate membership and ask them to file my account for 2018 - 2019.

I know this is the only thing i can do now, but do you think home office will check who filled by accounts on Graduate Entrepreneur Visa too ?

Regards
Does not matter
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Param_093
Newly Registered
India

Post by Param_093 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:59 pm

sorry what does that mean ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:08 pm

Param_093 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:59 pm
sorry what does that mean ?
The period on Tier 1 Ent is relevant only for extension and ILR in the future.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.