ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 Month Employment Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seradane
Newly Registered
Australia

Yet Another FLR(M) Document Question

Post by seradane » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:45 am

Hi all,
I know you've seen a thousand of these but hoping you will be kind enough to answer my questions anyway :)

I am gathering the documents for the Accommodation Requirement and I have the following:

In Joint Names -
Water Utility Bill - November 2017 (Addressed to Sponsor but has Applicant listed under "Additional Account Holders" on the first page)
Council Tax Bill - March 2018
Council Tax Bill - March 2019
Council Tax Bill - September 2019

Individual Documents - Sponsor
Bank Statement - January 2018
Bank Statement - June 2018
University Fee Invoice - September 2018
Bank Statement - December 2018
Employment Letter - June 2019 (perhaps muddled by the fact we're not actually including his salary as he won't be in the job 6 months and I meet the salary threshold with my income alone)

Individual Documents - Applicant
Bank Statement - January 2018
Bank Statement - June 2018
Letter from Thameslink regarding delay compensation for season ticket holder - September 2018
Bank Annual Summary - December 2018
Pension Enrolment Letter - June 2019

Leases
Address 1 (4/11/17 - 3/11/18)
Address 1 (4/11/18 - 3/11/19) - we broke the lease early
Address 2 (15/03/19 - 14/09/19)
Address 2 (15/09/19 - 14/03/20) - where we are currently living

So my questions are:

1. Is submitting a document that was generated and recieved online (no hard copy) acceptable?
2. Are all those sources "official" enough?
3. I am planning on applying around the 15th October - as you can see our leases started on the 4th November 2017, prior to that we lived with his family. So based on these documents there is a 3 week gap at the very start. I am wondering, do I need to get a letter from them saying we lived there, or is that a small enough timeframe that I can ignore it? Perhaps helpfully, our first lease does list both of us at our prior address on the document, will that cover it?
4. Because both our names are on the lease, do we need any additional letter from our landlord stating size of property or anything?

Thanks very much for your help!

geoeng
Canada

Re: Yet Another FLR(M) Document Question

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:00 am

seradane wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:45 am
1. Is submitting a document that was generated and recieved online (no hard copy) acceptable?
2. Are all those sources "official" enough?
3. I am planning on applying around the 15th October - as you can see our leases started on the 4th November 2017, prior to that we lived with his family. So based on these documents there is a 3 week gap at the very start. I am wondering, do I need to get a letter from them saying we lived there, or is that a small enough timeframe that I can ignore it? Perhaps helpfully, our first lease does list both of us at our prior address on the document, will that cover it?
4. Because both our names are on the lease, do we need any additional letter from our landlord stating size of property or anything?

Thanks very much for your help!
You are submitting way too much I think. For FLR(M) all you need to prove accommodation is the tenancy agreement and you will also be asked for evidence of council tax costs. You are also required to prove cohabitation; however, you only need to provide 6 pieces of correspondence addressed to you jointly or you can replace a piece of joint correspondence with two pieces of individual correspondence (one addressed to each of you) spread over the last couple years. My advice would be not to include the water utility bill (not addressed to you jointly) as well as the sponsor employment letter (might confuse things) since you have so much other evidence available.

1. Depends. It is supposed to be correspondence sent to your address but documents will also be uploaded online so if it looks like a document that would have been mailed to you (e.g. most online utility bills, some online bank statements) then you should be ok.
2. Yes.
3. No, see explanation of what you are proving above.
4. No. Both names on the lease are fine.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seradane
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by seradane » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:19 am

I have included (the equivalent of) 8 pieces of correspondence, because if I remove an item, then there will be 6 month gap between the documents which I understood to be too much?

I could take out the documents that coincide with the start of the leases (as that proves cohabitation anyway). In two cases that's the council tax bill which I would want to submit anyway I assume to show costs.

So to take out the ones you mentioned and ordering by date:

Nov 17-
Tenancy Agreement (4/11/17 - 3/11/18) - in Joint Names

Mar 18-
Council Tax Bill - in Joint Names

Jun 18-
Bank Statement - in Sponsors Name
Bank Statement - in Applicants Name

Sep 18-
Thameslink Letter - in Applicants name
University Fee Invoice - in Sponsors name

Nov 18-
Tenancy Agreement (4/11/18 - 3/11/19) - in Joint Names

Mar 19-
Tenancy Agreement (15/03/19 - 14/09/19) - in Joint Names

June 19-
Pension Enrolment letter - in Applicants name
(Alternative document) - in Sponsors name

Sep 19-
Tenancy Agreement (15/09/19 - 14/03/20) - in Joint Names

Still too much or is that ok?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:27 am

You'll be fine with those I think, definitely meets the requirements.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seradane
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by seradane » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:31 am

Thanks so much for your help :)

seradane
Newly Registered
Australia

6 Month Employment Requirement

Post by seradane » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:29 pm

Hello again, another question for you clever minds :)

I am applying for FLR(M) and we are using my salary only as my husband just started his job in June and I meet the income requirement on my own.

I started my job 18th March 2019, as stated in the letter from my employer, so 7 months ago. However when looking at my bank statements, the first one (from 6 months ago, covering the period 24 March to 24 April) doesn't show a full salary. Instead it shows a part salary from my previous company, and a part salary from the new company. If they were to take the partial salary as my 'lowest' salary over the period it's not the £1,348.65/mo required to meet the income threshold.

If you add in the previous employer's amount, it's comfortably enough, but naturally I haven't provided any information on them because they are more than 6 months ago so they may not recognise that.

Yet of course on the application form I meet all the requirements - and I don't think I want to start lying on the form so I get put into the 12-month category?

Any suggestions!?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 6 Month Employment Requirement

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Please see link below regarding multiple topics. Both topics now merged.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:15 pm

seradane wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:29 pm

If you add in the previous employer's amount, it's comfortably enough, but naturally I haven't provided any information on them because they are more than 6 months ago so they may not recognise that.

Your post itself contains answer. Simply apply with May-Oct payslips & bank statements.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:44 am

If you are planning on applying this month, it may be worth discussing this in a cover letter so the amounts from the March payment aren't taken into account. The requirement to include the bank statements is just to show that the income being relied upon is being deposited into your account. Per the Immigration Rules, the bank statements only need to cover the same period as the payslips being relied upon, which in your case would technically start on 1 April for 6 months employment between April and September and this is only being confused by your bank statement period starting mid-month. In theory you could omit the bank statement ending 24 April and should still meet the requirements, but I entirely understand why you would want to include it so that the whole month of April is covered and I would probably do the same, so I think a cover letter explaining it should be fine (I certainly wouldn't count on the ECOs trying to figure it out on their own as it would be an easy mistake to make).

seradane
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by seradane » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:04 pm

geoeng wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:44 am
If you are planning on applying this month, it may be worth discussing this in a cover letter so the amounts from the March payment aren't taken into account. The requirement to include the bank statements is just to show that the income being relied upon is being deposited into your account. Per the Immigration Rules, the bank statements only need to cover the same period as the payslips being relied upon, which in your case would technically start on 1 April for 6 months employment between April and September and this is only being confused by your bank statement period starting mid-month. In theory you could omit the bank statement ending 24 April and should still meet the requirements, but I entirely understand why you would want to include it so that the whole month of April is covered and I would probably do the same, so I think a cover letter explaining it should be fine (I certainly wouldn't count on the ECOs trying to figure it out on their own as it would be an easy mistake to make).
Thanks for your insight.

I've just seen on someone else's document checklist that they've included "Transactions list showing last salary payment, accompanied by a letter from the bank" for the last bank statement, so I might see if I can go down that route and omit the April statement altogether.

If that fails then the explanatory letter sounds like the way to go.

Thanks again!