ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa expired

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

q786
South Africa

Visit visa expired

Post by q786 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:35 pm

Hi I’m not sure which section to post this.

I have a friend who is a British citizen. He got married to lady whose visit visa to the UK expired almost 2 yrs ago. She’s obviously overstayed and illegal. Is there anyway where she can get a new visa or help regarding this. They haven’t been anywhere as they’re afraid she may get deported.

Any help or suggestions please. Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Visit visa expired

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:16 pm

Easier, cheaper and stress free will be by applying the spouse visa from back home
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:59 am

q786 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:35 pm
Any help or suggestions please. Thank you
Get ready to dodge milkshakes from people here on the forum who struggle to get visit visas for family members to visit them because the Home Office is concerned they will overstay :lol: More seriously though, it looks much better on a visa application if she left on her own to apply from her home country rather than being deported first and then trying to apply and there are several threads on here from others who have successfully applied even with a history of overstaying.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:29 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.